New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I wonder who it was that had the very bright idea of replacing temp gauges with idiot lights. Right now, I think all mainstream brands are following this practice with their A and B segment offerings, though the Koreans seem to be reintroducing the temp gauge in their smaller cars as seen in the Soluto.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Nagsimula yata yan locally sa Vios.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2019
    Unfortunately, some drivers might not even notice until the car overheats. The problem is when the temperature light shows, we're not really sure if it's about to overheat or it's too late and it's head gasket time??

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    Unfortunately, some drivers might not even notice until the car overheats. The problem is when the temperature light shows, we're not really sure if it's about to overheat or it's too late and it's head gasket time??
    i didn't notice! and i had already been driving for over ten years, then.
    and i had a very visible temperature needle gauge. but without an idiot light, however.
    i just started feeling strange, when my aircon refused to cool anymore. that was when i saw my temp needle way above the usual position.
    yun pala, pinatay na ng ECU ang lamig, para hindi lalo uminit ang makina...
    fortunately, nothing really damaging occured. i was able to drive the car home, after it had cooled and i put in water.
    what was the culprit? that four inch hose hiding under the intake manifold... i am sure many sentra owners already know of it.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 29th, 2019 at 08:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "ignorance is bliss", according to the oldies.
    heh heh.
    True, doc.[emoji4].....til light pops, car overheats, stalls, & the bill comes.[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Pag umilaw ba ang temp light, kumbaga nasa point of no return na ba yun? Si mobilio ganun din, light lang walang gauge. Macheck nga sa manual mamaya.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Pag umilaw ba ang temp light, kumbaga nasa point of no return na ba yun? Si mobilio ganun din, light lang walang gauge. Macheck nga sa manual mamaya.
    the manual i read (non-honda) read something like "bring to the casa" immediately.
    it does not suggest nor promise anything.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    True, doc.[emoji4].....til light pops, car overheats, stalls, & the bill comes.[emoji13]

that is true.
    nice thing with the traditional temp needle gauge, is "you can literally see it coming", so's you can do emergency measures.
    like, pull up into a bruha, honoris causa colonel, bubuyog or payaso outlet, call the pros, and have a leisurable meal while waiting.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Napaisip tuloy ako kung magpakabit ako nung water at temp gauge na nakikita kong bibeneta sa mga groups.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Napaisip tuloy ako kung magpakabit ako nung water at temp gauge na nakikita kong bibeneta sa mga groups.
    Just hook a gauge + diagnostic tool over the OBD II, yubby sir. There are bluetooth ELM327 versions w/ apps over android & iOS. Plug&Play for vehicles '97up.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Just hook a gauge + diagnostic tool over the OBD II, yubby sir. There are bluetooth ELM327 versions w/ apps over android & iOS. Plug&Play for vehicles '97up.

I will try this sir. Try ko maghanap sa weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast