New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Good Day mga bossing! kaka register ko lang today...pero matagal na ko nagbabasa ng threads and forum dito sa tsikot. dami ko na natutunan at nadiscover...Finally it's my turn to seek final advice from you experts. I'm planning to buy 2nd hand car and I already have a choice according to my budget. Honda Civic ESI/Toyota Corolla XE or GLI/Mazda Familia 2nd gen/ Eto mga choices ko kasi pasok sa budget..basta hanap ako ng maayos na kondisyon...Tanong ko lang kung ano pinaka safe kunin for long term use...(1)maintenance>Fuel efficiency at availability ng pyesa(2)durability and reliability(3)performance at yun pwedeng pormahan ng konte in the future savings...Thanks in Advance sa mga marereceive kong advice sa inyo mga bossing!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first, i'd go for the car that is in the better condition.
    second, i'd probably drop the mazda. gearing is such that it'll give not-so-good fuel economy.
    third, the toyota probably will have cheaper spare parts than the honda, especially when there are lots more xe's running around than esi's...
    fourth, the xe's 1300 will probably give better fuel economy than the gli's 1600. but then, your right foot will have some say on this matter.
    fifth, durability and reliability is probably more of your (un)doing than the manufacturer's.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd stay away from carburetors and 1.3L engines if I were you. They're weak and inefficient. What about a B13 Nissan Sentra 1.6ECCS? How much is the budget? Who knows, you may actually be able to buy a B14 Sentra.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks for the advice dr.d!! Toyota XE or GLI..probably 96-up model...

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo12578 View Post
    Thanks for the advice dr.d!! Toyota XE or GLI..probably 96-up model...
    The GLI is the one model I would recommend.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You won't be finding any good condition Corolla GLi's for 120k. You will find 4G92 Lancer GLXi for 120k though. I recommend this over the Sentra ECCS since it is more spacious, also reliable and gives very good performance and fuel efficiency as well. This is also because I have a relative in Baguio who owns one.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Good Day sir GTI! Thanks for the insight..I am curious about B14 as well..di ko lang alam PROs and CONs when it comes to nissan... actually my choices are down to Toyota XE or GLI..then I saw Honda City EXI yesterday another option.and yung 4G92 Lancer GLXi?..ang hirap pala mag decide..haha..kaya nga everyday I'm online just to research...buti me tsikot.com..It would be a big help for me if you can compare these choices I have para maka focus na ko on what would be the final car that I can look for..maraming salamat po sa mga oras nyo sir!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion sir..GLI is one of my choices...sana makahanap ng sariwa...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, the City is also a good car. But if its the Lancer/Corolla/Sentra that it is being compared with. I'd go with the compacts over the subcompacts. Parts and maintenance may cost less too. I suggest either the Lancer GLXi or the B14 Sentra Super Saloon.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    By the way mga bossing budget po is around 130k-160k..Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
needs final advice and option in buying 2nd hand car