New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *GTi: thanks for the suggestions. i've heard good things nga about Getz pero with my budget i guess yung 2005 model lang mahahanap ko. Do you think ok pa yun as long as well-maintained? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Any car that is lovingly maintained is a good car. Our family can attest to that, as every car that we sell is immediately snapped up and at a very, very good price with the buyer more than willing to buy without negotiating. Through time, we have had two cars, the 1989 Sentra and 2002 Trooper, that are known to be "lemons" and yet when the Sentra was sold, it was still in good running condition and the paintwork and interior is almost the same as it was when it first came to us. The Trooper, uptil now has served us very well. Its engine performance and ride is very good. The leather seats are almost the same as when it was newly bought. We have never encountered any repairs that would entail costs higher than 50k (changing of the turbo and injectors included). In fact, our Trooper is in much better condition than many 2003-2005 Troopers. A 2005 car is still quite new, as long as it isn't used a lot, its still very much worth buying as long as it wasn't affected by Ondoy. I also rather like the Getz's styling, the front end looks quite sporty. If you can, I strongly suggest you go for the diesel variant. Its the same unit as the one in the Accent which goes without saying that this one pulls hard and is very thrifty.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Just a warning :

Modern diesel vehicles has higher maintenance compared to those of their gasoline counterparts.

And I don't consider second hand getzes as bang-for-the-buck nor worth it. For the price of it, you could get hold of a 2nd hand honda city or yet a Nissan Sentra. 2 bigger cars and they're much more practical.

Though the getz looks nicer than the Picanto, their maintenance ( gas vs. gas ) is roughly the same. And since Kia is the partner(??) of Hyundai ... I think there's an assurance that the Picanto wont break down that easily the same with the getz.

Here's my list for the TS. According to preference.

1. Kia Picanto
    2. Hyundai Getz < Honda City A/T. Toyota Vios A/T. Nissan Sentra N16.

Far far far end --> Suzuki Alto.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Just a warning :

Modern diesel vehicles has higher maintenance compared to those of their gasoline counterparts.

And I don't consider second hand getzes as bang-for-the-buck nor worth it. For the price of it, you could get hold of a 2nd hand honda city or yet a Nissan Sentra. 2 bigger cars and they're much more practical.

Though the getz looks nicer than the Picanto, their maintenance ( gas vs. gas ) is roughly the same. And since Kia is the partner(??) of Hyundai ... I think there's an assurance that the Picanto wont break down that easily the same with the getz.

Here's my list for the TS. According to preference.

1. Kia Picanto
    2. Hyundai Getz < Honda City A/T. Toyota Vios A/T. Nissan Sentra N16.

Far far far end --> Suzuki Alto.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions guys! These 2 cars (Getz and Picanto) are on top of my list right now. Hope i can find one soon that fits the budget. The good deals gets off the market real quick! Twice na ko naunahan Sana I get lucky na next time, if not then it will be Honda or Toyota (really? may vios na pasok sa budget ko? hmm).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't think there would be a Vios that wasn't Ondoy'd, stolen or involved in an accident that would be selling for 200k even if it was previously serving as a cab. Toyota cars' resale values are just too high! Hell, you won't even be able to find a ten year old Corolla selling for 200k. I agree with bro. renzo that it would be a good choice also to look for bigger cars that are a wee bit older like the Honda City (for your budget you can get the Type-Z model) or the Nissan Sentra (which though boring is actually quite comfortable).

Here's a 2003 Exalta, its got a 1.6L engine, leather seats and all of those luxury niceties. http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...+Nissan+Sentra

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh, forgot to mention that it also has dual airbags, ABS, LCD screen aside from the aforementioned beige leather interior and wood trim and best of all is selling for a negotiable price of 250k. Bagay na bagay sa babae, I should say, kulay pula pa!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelrei View Post
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions guys! These 2 cars (Getz and Picanto) are on top of my list right now. Hope i can find one soon that fits the budget. The good deals gets off the market real quick! Twice na ko naunahan Sana I get lucky na next time, if not then it will be Honda or Toyota (really? may vios na pasok sa budget ko? hmm).
    it would be a monumental accomplishment if you can get a fresh 2006-2007 toyota or honda * 200k.

i would go for the picanto. its really cheap to maintain and wont chew up much on your pocket to fill up the gas tank. picantos have strong resale values for the very same reason that people want them.

its fun looking for 2nd hand units lalo na kung cash buyer. its a lot easier to negotiate prices. dont be fooled by the asking price, nangangarap lang yung mga seller. im sure that with an hour of haggling the price and being firm on your offer you can get the best deal. the best advise i could give is to be patient and avoid buy and sell people.

EDIT: *gti

a decade old toyota love life goes for 200k or even less.
    Last edited by archie123456789; January 17th, 2011 at 12:27 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    thanks sa suggestions!

i know, suntok sa buwan na ang 2006 na honda or toyota

I really like Picanto's look. Ang Getz naman mas roomy ang interior. Ok na ko either of the 2, it's just a matter of finding a good deal. 2nd hand Picantos (which I can afford huh) are hard to find and my options are more limited coz I do avoid buy-and-sell people. Patience talaga. Refresh muna ko ng driving and ayos license while searching

*archie123456789: are you saying that Picanto is cheaper to maintain compared to Getz? thanks!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ umm not exactly sure. ive seen parts for picanto and it was cheap! hehe

alam ko getz is also cheap to run but i have no direct experience on this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
need a second hand kei car, 200k budget, suggestions pls?