New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i'm looking for a second hand car with a 200k (more or less) budget. a small car will do coz im also after the fuel efficiency. right now, i am offered an alto deluxe 2007 for 235k with the following specs: 98k mileage, sun visor, roof rail, mud guard, plate guards, 13" mags (july 2010), all power, anti carnap device, keyless entry, new battery, new wiper blade, new clutch disc (casa replaced oct 2010), brand new laminated windshield, 3M, hella fog lamps (dec 2010), and 90% good year tires.

i haven't tested the car yet, but considering that it would run smooth, do you think this is a good deal? or do i scout for other types of car? this would be my first car if ever and i'm admittedly such a dummy on this ... i'm also considering 2nd hand picantos. are 2nd hand kei cars still reliable? really need the inputs of car gurus here, thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    i have nothing against the alto. and im a firm believer that its not all about mileage but all about proper maintenance. but a 3year old car, a small car that is, with 100k mileage? unless its a typo, i suggest you look else where.

a picanto is a good option but its in the 270k+ territory i believe.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    i have nothing against the alto. and im a firm believer that its not all about mileage but all about proper maintenance. but a 3year old car, a small car that is, with 100k mileage? unless its a typo, i suggest you look else where.

a picanto is a good option but its in the 270k+ territory i believe.
    it's really 98k, confirmed it with the seller, though he insists na city driving. that's why i'm also hesitant

i find it hard to find second hand picantos, most are 2005 models and i would really prefer a 2006 or 2007. kahit 270k maybe i will go for it coz i have heard good things about the car and i find it cute Does this mean that picanto owners are satisfied with their cars and not selling? Getz on the other hand costs more.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Did you ask why he changed the clutch disk, considering that the car is still relatively new?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Did you ask why he changed the clutch disk, considering that the car is still relatively new?
    i haven't, kala ko normal lang to change it after 3 yrs hehehe boba talaga ako in this area, will ask him. thanks!

thanks for the links! bad of me for not checking sulit, sa ayos and adpost ako tumingin. will check them out now i have not considered chevy coz i thought that their maintenance cost/parts are high, correct me if i'm wrong. it is cute though thanks!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kakatakot naman, 2007 lang 98k na kaagad ang mileage. Yung 2002 na Trooper nga namin 69k lang ang mileage. And since napalitan na ng clutch, I'd be led to believe na laspag na laspag na yan. And all of that 98k on city driving? The car is lacking in power too. I'd rather have a 2003 Honda City Type-Z , far more powerful, more spacious, more comfortable and is a Honda. Wag na sub-subcompact, that is too much already.

Eto gusto mo?
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...da+City+Type+Z

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mukhang babae yung TS. I think she's better off with an automatic picanto. Cheap to run. Cheap to drive. Unlike the spark, chevy eh .. baka mahal maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *GTi: thanks, i'm gonna pass on the Alto na kahit sinasabi pa na di raw laspag considering nga na pinalitan na yung clutch. thanks din sa link but renzo_d10 (salamat sa suggestion ) is right, i am a girl and that would be my first car. i really prefer something small, economical, and easy to maneuver

i am looking for a picanto now. hirap kasi sa ibang ads di sumasagot sa simpleng tanong ko kung available pa units

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah... ganun pala... I'm not a big fan of the Picanto, and I haven't fully warmed up with the Kia brand yet. The Kia Pride ruined my impression of the brand. And the Picanto's engine is just too horrid for me. Ever considered the Hyundai Getz? Its bigger than the Picanto and the CRDi variant is very nice if you're willing to spend a bit of an extra and the 1.4 variant would also do nicely as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
need a second hand kei car, 200k budget, suggestions pls?