New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks for your replies.

Whether via Cavitex or Skyway, can definitely make use of the speed. Also I go out of town every once in a while. Although speed is not a top priority, its nice to have.

I know practicality wise Innova may be the best choice but it is currently not my in list of options. When I have kids and family in the future maybe then it will be an option.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    I'd go with the Honda or Mazda just because they still use traditional Automatic Transmission. It may be more reliable and is definitely cheaper to repair/replace than a CVT.
    I believe the current gen CRV 2.0 Gas is already using CVT but the diesel is still standard torque converter.

If you want the fastest among the bunch, definitely forget about the transmission arguement and go with the Forester XT. Is is also the most spacious among the 3, especially in the front seats.
    Re: traditional AT - Are you referring to the 2016 model of the CR-V and CX-5?

On Forester - are you talking about the 2016 FXT?

Sorry for asking these because price is a major consideration

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Hi everyone. Planning to transition from Civic FD to a CUV.
    At 700-750k budget, what would you guys recommend?
    This will be used as my daily driver Las Pinas to BGC after this pandemic.

Currently in the market scanning 2016 CR-V, CX-5 and Forester.

Things to consider:
    1. Mostly solo passenger
    2. 6 ft driver
    3. Easy and cheap to maintain
    4. AT and good FC
    5. Good resale value

Thanks in advance!

I'd consider the CX-5. Has a traditional AT with 6 forward gears and gets great fuel economy. You can do 9km/l with the 2.0L easy. If your budget can fit the 2.5L, that gets worse economy in exchange for AWD, sunroof and bose speakers. Legroom in the back is so-so if drivers seat is at furthest setting.

Reliability wise, hasn't had much problems since its release back in 2012. Just basic oil and other fluid changes. I-stop battery can be replaced with a regular Amaron, works just fine. Also runs on regular 91, unlike others which require 95.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TsekwangBakla View Post
    Okay sir.

Solo passenger, LPC- BGC, Doble ba yung space ng Forester sa CRV?

Again, wala naman yata sa main concern nya yung napakatulin na kotse. Yung Crv ba hindi kaya tumakbo ng katulad ng Firester mo?
    I didn’t say twice the space. You get more usable space due to the box dimension of the trunk of the Forester.

If you can add the performance part to your choice, i guess it’s a good deal since a Forester or CRV are priced the same on the used market.

The Forester XT is the quickest among the affordable CUVs, not sure if the fastest but it can do 220kmh on open roads. Subaru made the Forester XT as its performance option. If you don’t want a quick one, you can always opt for the standard Forester NA.

Quote Originally Posted by TsekwangBakla View Post
    Taga Las Pinas ka din? Kasi kung Las Pinas, baka zapote alabamg road tapos NaiaX amg daan, eh 60kph lang spwed limit dun diba?
    I said the same area. I live in Paranaque. I take SLEX daily to work. When traffic is light, you can easily do 150kmh or faster within the Sucat-Nichols stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    A relative just landed a used '13 CX5 to replace his tired '05 diesel Innova....Pre-iStop model w/ just a lil over 50k kms clocked. Dealership maintained by ex-owner, pre-inspected prior to transfer & given a clean bill of health.
    He now knows why 1st time Skyactiv owners won't mind getting 2nd, 3rd servings. Fun, efficient & they're aging pretty gracefully. Oh....they're so tunable, too. He's planning OVT soon.Need Opinion: Best 2nd hand CUV at 700k

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The CX5 was a key consideration when we chose a CUV for a vehicle back in 2016 but I felt that with a Mazda, it is the Mazda6 that sings to my heart. I would have went home happy with a Mazda6 sedan or wagon compared to a CX5. The Mazda6 is just a beautiful car. The same reason applies with an Accord over the CRV.

However, we chose the Forester XT instead - I was sold on it after I test drove it. The big trunk and interiors are very useful. The high ground clearance (same as PPVs) is just a bonus. On the road though, it is nimble for its size and it will tempt you to go faster as its capable AWD system keeps you on the planted on the ground all the time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Hi everyone. Planning to transition from Civic FD to a CUV.
    At 700-750k budget, what would you guys recommend?
    This will be used as my daily driver Las Pinas to BGC after this pandemic.

Currently in the market scanning 2016 CR-V, CX-5 and Forester.

Things to consider:
    1. Mostly solo passenger
    2. 6 ft driver
    3. Easy and cheap to maintain
    4. AT and good FC
    5. Good resale value

Thanks in advance!

Things to consider:
    1. Mostly solo passenger - cx5
    2. 6 ft driver?- forester-crv-cx5
    3. Easy and cheap to maintain-tie
    4. AT and good FC - crv diesel
    5. Good resale value-crv diesel

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If mostly solo passenger and no need for ground clearance, a Mazda6 or Accord is just head and shoulders over the usual compact or subcompact cars. Even compared to CUVs, midsize cars just feel more premium. CUVs and midsize cars are about the same in fuel expense and maintenance as they use similar engines.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    A relative just landed a used '13 CX5 to replace his tired '05 diesel Innova....Pre-iStop model w/ just a lil over 50k kms clocked. Dealership maintained by ex-owner, pre-inspected prior to transfer & given a clean bill of health.
    He now knows why 1st time Skyactiv owners won't mind getting 2nd, 3rd servings. Fun, efficient & they're aging pretty gracefully. Oh....they're so tunable, too. He's planning OVT soon.Need Opinion: Best 2nd hand CUV at 700k

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Skyactiv was make or break for Mazda post-Ford ownership. Glad it worked out for them, we get to enjoy the end product.

That first-gen CX-5 is really a homerun. Even with the second gen model, the old one still is a looker 9 years on. And they're the ones sticking to traditional automatics, no fancy DCTs or CVTs.

Eagerly looking forward to the the third-gen with the supposed move to RWD and inline-6 cylinder motors taking the fight to the Euros.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    DO NOT BUY a Subaru Forester if cheap and easy to maintain is one of your considerations ... just don't ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast