New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I am planning to buy a NEW ride and I am picking a SUV/MPV/AUV type, not a sedan, pickup or van because I have a family and I will use it for business so I have a couple of provincial trips, around 4 times a month. I need suggestions with strict considerations on the criteria below:

My route:

WEEKDAYS: Dasma Cavite to Manila using most of the time CAVITEX and sometimes St. Domique - DaangHari roads. I seldom chose driving along Aguinaldo Highway because of traffic.

WEEKENDS: Either La Union, Baguio, Pangasinan, Quezon, Batangas and Pampanga. Planning to drive RORO to Iloilo someday.

My primary concerns:
    1. Fuel consumption - a must!
    2. Power - mahilig ako mag overtake. So ayaw ko na nabibitin ako pag apak ko ng gas.
    3. Space - i bring around 5 people on my provincial trips and some boxes of business materials.
    4. I also do business in Metro Manila and I sometimes park the car on streets. So dapat hindi din mainit sa mata ng carnappers.

Budget is from 700k to 1.19M.I am open to both GAS or Diesel and Manual or Automatic, as long as pasok siya sa 4 criteria sa taas. Also willing to wait a couple of months if may parating na bagong mga model next year. Criteria, by the way, is sorted according to preference/importance so F/C is very important to me kasi I travel 32kms every day from home to office. My current ride right now is a 2000 Supersports gas Mitsu Adventure.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Toyota E D4D is by far the best choice.

1. Fuel consumption - Get the manual transmission. I doubt that it will be a problem to you since you often drive on open roads anyways. It has a fifth gear versus the automatic that only has four so it's more efficient.

2. Power - The D4D being a diesel has enough torque to pull you. And if you choose manual, you can downshift easily for more power. And upshift as early as possible to save on gas.

3. Space - Can easily fit 8 medium size adults.

4. Well, it's a common car. But I hardly ever heard of carnapped Innovas. More of Monteros and Fortuners yan.

Given your daily route, the Innova D4D MT can easily do above 10km/L.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pasok na ata yung 2.5G D-4D sa budget niya. Mas mabuti na rin yun para dual airbags na rin.

P1,100,000 ang price ng standard Innova G M/T, P1,115,000 naman yung pearl white.

+65K naman kung A/T.

Malamang may discounts pa yan.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    How about the new Isuzu Crosswind Sportivo X?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota HILUX with cover at the back? Sits five people yet massive cargo space in the back with tall clearance underneath with offroad capable suspension.

4x2 2.5 J Diesel MT = 843,000.00 (white only)

4x2 2.5 E Diesel MT = 972,000.00

LINK for Features: 2012 Toyota Hilux Pick Up | Auto Search Philippines

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by junrellannt View Post
    Slow. So that might be an issue when overtaking. And tends to emit black smoke more often, so that's another problem when you encounter the smoke-belching crocodiles along the street. Especially along Kalayaan Ave., they hail even brand new Crosswinds.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    IMHO .
    ^ tsaka medyu over price na na yung crosswind , edi mag montero nalang si TS naka SUV pa siya .
    kasi halos hindi na nag kakalayo ng presyo ang isuzu at montero .

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I am planning to buy a NEW ride and I am picking a SUV/MPV/AUV type, not a sedan, pickup or van because I have a family and I will use it for business so I have a couple of provincial trips, around 4 times a month. I need suggestions with strict considerations on the criteria below:

My route:

WEEKDAYS: Dasma Cavite to Manila using most of the time CAVITEX and sometimes St. Domique - DaangHari roads. I seldom chose driving along Aguinaldo Highway because of traffic.

WEEKENDS: Either La Union, Baguio, Pangasinan, Quezon, Batangas and Pampanga. Planning to drive RORO to Iloilo someday.

My primary concerns:
    1. Fuel consumption - a must!
    2. Power - mahilig ako mag overtake. So ayaw ko na nabibitin ako pag apak ko ng gas.
    3. Space - i bring around 5 people on my provincial trips and some boxes of business materials.
    4. I also do business in Metro Manila and I sometimes park the car on streets. So dapat hindi din mainit sa mata ng carnappers.

Budget is from 700k to 1.19M.I am open to both GAS or Diesel and Manual or Automatic, as long as pasok siya sa 4 criteria sa taas. Also willing to wait a couple of months if may parating na bagong mga model next year. Criteria, by the way, is sorted according to preference/importance so F/C is very important to me kasi I travel 32kms every day from home to office. My current ride right now is a 2000 Supersports gas Mitsu Adventure.

If AUV chief, go for the Toyota Innova 2.5 D-4D manual-tranny. It can sit 7 persons. In terms of fuel economy on long trips with 5 people on it, and as you say mahilig ka mag-overtake, ok naman. Your other option is a 2nd-hand yet in mint-condition previous generation Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi (2005 to 2007 model yata), matipid din chief sa consumo....

However, if you ask me chief (just in case), in combination of Metro Manila driving, long out-of-town drives in rolling to steep mountainous places and freeways or expressways, mas matipid ang Isuzu D-max 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ manual-tranny pickup kaysa sa Innova 2.5 D-4D manual-tranny. We have first hand experience on the fuel consumption of the two just so recently during my short fieldbreak in Philippines where both vehicles had 5 persons on each. Our cruising speeds were anywhere between 80 kph to 120 kph, except in Metro Manila and in the narrow almost single-lane Tagaytay Highlands-Calamba, Laguna road.

Goodluck sa choices mo ser.... Yet, i think your safe bet would be the Innova also because of your business functions ;)

Cheers!

2004 Isuzu D-max 3.0 TD Intercooler
    2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.7 V6 MFI
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    2008 Isuzu D-max 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ
    2011 Toyota Innova 2.5 D-4D

Last edited by d_mac; December 9th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It seems to be a sweat spot for the Innova.

The competition -Crosswind, Grand Livina, Adventure, Fuzion- do have their own shortcomings.

Kung 5 passengers lang naman, I really do not mind employing a pickup as a "go-everywhere vehicle". You can have an aftermarket bedcover (Carryboy, etc) to further protect your cargoes.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i think much practical ang pick up+canopy. mas maraming makakarga

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My first brand new car