New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi Everyone, I've been doing my homework since last year about which auto to get. Been reading this forum and thought
    this will be the best time to join.

I need An auto mainly for the kids secondary to work. I have 4 toddlers, which 3 of them started going to school mareklamo na sila sa space
    everytime we ride our old Nissan LEC, hindi sila makalikot with the yaya na kasama nila sa likod.

Now, my work requires me to bring 1 large makeup traincase and a makeup chair.

So tama ba na MPV ang kunin ko?

Ang nasa isip ko lang for these past months would be GRAND LIVINA. The only nega I read about GL is the 3rd row na kawawa ang adult sa likod.

I also read here they suggest Kia Carens? do you have any other suggestions? A/T and hindi masyado ang blind side, and medyo hirap ako sa clearance

Oh, you might think bakit hindi ko nasama ang Avanza and Innova? uhmmm... tsk am not really sure if I want a Toyota.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi mam. Welcome to tsikot!

So based po sa mga problems ninyo, eh talagang inadequate na po yun Sentra LEC ninyo dahil sagad na sa seating capacity.

If you want an MPV, I'll dish out the Avanza and the Grand Livina kasi maliit sila for your needs. If I'm not mistaken eh isa po kayong MUA dahil sa make up train case and that is quite big. So from that, down to 2 choices, Innova and Carens.

Kung sakali naman na masikip pa rin yun dalawa sa mga kids niyo, then better take a look po sa Grand Starex, Kia Carnival, or Toyota Alphard.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Innova sounds just about right for your requirement. Best option would be Starex, but since you have problem with clearance then that's off your list.

By the way, do you have a budget in mind?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Carens should also not be considered on your choice kung issue sayo ang 3rd row. Same lang sya halos ng Grand Livina. Chevy Orlando & Kia Carnival mpv is one good choice based on your requirements, that's if youre not factoring the engine choice. i.e diesel vs. gas engines. Those 2 mpv's are considered typical soccermoms car sa other country

Other also fitting is..Chrysler Town & Country MPV medyo pricey nga lang to compared to the two mentioned above.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My advice is test drive all your choices. Bring the whole family during the test drive. If you have yayas and driver, bring them during the test drive. This way you can see if there is enough space for everyone.

I had an Avanza, it will work but will be kind of cramped. With the 3rd row seat up, there is almost no luggage space. Important for school bags, strollers and other stuff you will be hauling. My Avanza was the 1.5 AT and I was doing around 7-8km/l pure city driving.

I upgraded to an Innova and its size is perfect for my needs. 4 adults and 3 kids fit with enough room for stuff. Plus its a diesel and very thrifty with fuel.

A full size van like the starex would be better.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    My advice is for you to tell us your budget so we can give you the options.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4 kids? and 3 of them are school age na? same here, 4 kids, 3 in school (grades 5,3,1 and a 3 year old).

mpv lang kukunin mo? for how many years are you going to keep the car? if you have no plans of having your kids fetched by a school bus in the future (and i hope not, kawawa naman mga kids especially if they are the 1st to pick up and last to drop on the school bus route) then i suggest a bigger vehicle, preferably a van. ang bilis kaya lumaki ng mga kids ano. so if you will keep this vehicle for more than 5 years don't get one that they will outgrow soon. you can fit all 4 kids and a yaya in an mpv today but in 5 years time you won't be able to fit 4 kids with their school bags and your make up kit and chair in that same mpv. you need a van.

clearance, as in height clearance (the height of the roof of the car), or ride height (distance of floorboard to the road surface)? if what you mean is height clearance (mababa ba ang garage roof nyo?) then the kia carnival would be best.
    Last edited by yebo; January 16th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yummommy View Post
    Hi Everyone, I've been doing my homework since last year about which auto to get. Been reading this forum and thought

I need An auto mainly for the kids secondary to work. I have 4 toddlers, which 3 of them started going to school mareklamo na sila sa space
    everytime we ride our old Nissan LEC, hindi sila makalikot with the yaya na kasama nila sa likod.

Ang nasa isip ko lang for these past months would be GRAND LIVINA. The only nega I read about GL is the 3rd row na kawawa ang adult sa likod.

I also read here they suggest Kia Carens? do you have any other suggestions? A/T and hindi masyado ang blind side, and medyo hirap ako sa clearance

Oh, you might think bakit hindi ko nasama ang Avanza and Innova? uhmmm... tsk am not really sure if I want a Toyota.

Best option would be the TOYOTA INNOVA.

(E) 2.5 Dsl AT = 1,048,000.00
    (E) 2.5 Dsl MT = 983,000.00
    (E) 2.0 Gas AT = 993,000.00
    (E) 2.0 Gas MT = 928,000.00
    (J) 2.5 Dsl MT = 873,000.00
    (J) 2.0 Gas MT =818,000.00

You'll just have to decide what would fit your budget. Gas or diesel. Manual or automatic tranny.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yummommy View Post

I suggest you test drive the Innova, Sis.

It changed the way I perceive Toyota (at least for this model/variant)...

17.8K:snow:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Innova na lang sis.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast