Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Montero Sport.

Reasons ? Too :obvious:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    family = safety

that's why i go with the Montero Sport. it has safety features that will protect your family from unexpected harm. the sportivo, on the other hand, only has seatbelts on the front & 2nd row seats and none on the 3rd row seats as safety features. although it has a nice in car entertainment to entertain your family during long trips.

weigh it down:
    Sportivo - for the in car entertainment
    Montero Sport - for the needed safety features

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ And to add.

If you're into keeping your vehicle for a decade or more, better choice would be the Sportivo, you can't go wrong with it's reliability.

You have to sacrfice one thing though, you and your family's safety. The sportivo has only seatbelts ! No abs, airbags whatsoever. :nono:

On the Montero, just slap on an in car entertainment then your good to go not to mention it's added safety compared to the Sportivo's.

Quite OT though.

You might have been wondering why are there still new-sportivo buyers.

Well, it's quite obvious though since the Crosswind was released years and years back ( 1998 ? ) people has seen it's reliability and! fuel efficiency. So in their mind would be probably, might as well set to the tested vehicle rather than to risk owning a newly released vehicle ( which in my mind, not risky at all...just upon looking at the Montero, you could see it's reliability and toughness. - I could be wrong though. )

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by djade03 View Post
    If we talked fuel efficiency the compression ratio of Sportivo is 18.5:1 while the Montero is 17:1..Means Sportivo has a better advantage incomes of saving fuel, low cost but more power can gave..
    The Sportivo is more fuel efficient, but it's not due to the compression ratio. The higher compression ratio of the Sportivo is due to the fact that its turbo doesn't produce very much boost, and they can give it a higher compression ratio... which is still pretty low... many low boost and non-turbo diesels have compression ratios of 20:1 or more.

The Montero needs a lower compression ratio due to the higher turbo boost.

In city traffic, though, the Sportivo's automatic transmission means that its fuel economy advantage is pretty small... I've gotten as low as 8.5 km/l from an AT Crosswind turbo in city traffic... which isn't that far off from what your typical 2.5 CRDi engine does (around 7-8).

For family use, in terms of comfort, safety and convenience, the Montero 4x2 is a much, much better choice. If you're using it for work and really want to save money, the only Crosswind that makes sense is the 800k Crosswind XT, which already has power windows but nothing else. Spending over 1m for a Crosswind (and we did... despite my objections... we got an XUVi... I wanted to simply get an XT and a Jazz for the same amount of money!) is pretty pointless.

The Crosswind engine shakes so much that you'll get dizzy trying to watch anything on the built-in LCD monitors... and any DVD you insert will get scratched over time... and the heavier chrome wheels and big tires on the top-of-the-line Crosswinds make the ride really bad. Pointless luxury packages, really.

The big ticket for the Crosswind is the simple maintenance and engine longevity... nothing else.

That said... I'm thinking it might be time to replace our XUVi with a new XT, since the new models are already EUROII thanks to the new particulate filter, and will be less likely to be hassled by the Makati emissions police.
    Last edited by niky; December 2nd, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    go for montero sport.. :2thumbsup:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Montero Sport any day of the week.....
    (Pipila ka lang nga yata ngayon sa unit.....)

9000:snowfight1:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow. nice thread, just what I need... we're planning to buy either MS or Sportivo but Im having second though... Im vertically challenged, less than 5 feet. do you guys think I would be able to drive an SUV? I heard about pedal adjustment, my gumagawa ba dito nun... I used to drive Nissan STA, kaya naman pero naka hang yong leg ko...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jesika View Post
    Wow. nice thread, just what I need... we're planning to buy either MS or Sportivo but Im having second though... Im vertically challenged, less than 5 feet. do you guys think I would be able to drive an SUV? I heard about pedal adjustment, my gumagawa ba dito nun... I used to drive Nissan STA, kaya naman pero naka hang yong leg ko...
    please suggest other SUV na pwede sakin, I prefer an SUV para it can sit more

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Have you visited the showroom to see (and test drive?)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magka ibang league naman ang MS and Sportivo. How much ba ang difference in terms of price tag? Comparison should have been between Sportivo and Revo or Innova. MS is nasa league ng Fortuner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which is Which Montero 4x2 or New Sportivo 2010