New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi there people..
    Which one to pick the ideal car..? I read some of the threads here regarding car comparisons,so maybe its a better idea if i could hear some of your views,if theres anything that you can share of my book is open for this is our First Family Car..Right now the two top of my list is the Montero 4x2 and the new Sportivo 2010..Both cars are Automatic Trans...
    If we talked fuel efficiency the compression ratio of Sportivo is 18.5:1 while the Montero is 17:1..Means Sportivo has a better advantage incomes of saving fuel, low cost but more power can gave..
    How about the riding comfort?well i hope to hear some more insights regarding which has the more stability or bumpy ones?
    Many thanks in advance and it well help me alot deciding which one to get for my Family Use..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Family use lang po sana, it's just only me and my wife and our little daughter 3months old...Kayat im asking some of your opinions kung san maganda yung riding comfort, either Montero ba or Sportivo they are both Double wishbone coil spring with stabilizer...

Many thanks...really appreciated if someone could help me picking the right one for my family...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No offense but I think the thread is kinda awkward and to be honest (again no offense) a joke. Of course the Montero 4X2, the Crosswind is like a decade old car and I wouldn't buy those anymore especially for family transportation. Baka pang karga ng bagahe pwede...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    it's okay im just new to this forum..and appreciate your comments..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    the only way i'll get the sportivo a/t is if it'll be given to me for free. and then i'll just sell it and augment the cash to buy the montero

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll pick Montero 4x2 over Sportivo for the following simple reasons below:

1. mas head turner Montero
    2. more powerful engine with more hp and torque
    3. nicer interiors

Gusto ko lang sa Sportivo yung built-in entertainment system nya with LCDs at syempre mas mura.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I own both. crosswind (XTO '01 M/T) and montero ('09 3.2 4X4 A/T), i acquired them nung mga unang labas pa so walang sisi kung madali maluluma. Till now same body pa rin ang Crosswind

Matipid and easy to maintain ang Crosswind, simple para sa mga di maarte :2thumbsup:

Montero for its new look, riding comfort and speed :2thumbsup:

Since you prefer A/T, Montero na. but kung M/T it's a 50-50 for me.

Good luck

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Since the car is for family use, it would be better to put your family in a safe vehicle.

Montero 4x2- CRDi Engine, INVECS A/T Transmission, Dual Airbags, 4-Star EuroNCAP Crash Safety Rating (from its brother the L200 Strada), Anti-lock Brakes,and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution.
    Sportivo 2010- No Airbags, No ABS or EBD, Noisy Non-CRDi Diesel Engine even though it has proven its reliability the A/T transmission is a horror story, and lastly no Crash Safety Rating.

Just ask yourself where would you put your family if you were to have a crash?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    MS all the way!!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    MonteroSport- Dual Airbags, 4-Star EuroNCAP Crash Safety Rating (from its brother the L200 Strada), Anti-lock Brakes,and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution.
    Sportivo 2010- No Airbags, No ABS or EBD, and lastly no Crash Safety Rating.

Just ask yourself where would you put your family if you were to have a crash?
    Since you mentioned 'family car', I'll put my vote on this - MS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which is Which Montero 4x2 or New Sportivo 2010