New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I wouldn't be getting a GSR due to practicality reasons. Coupes are very inconvenient if you will be using the back seat regularly. Imagine the inconvenience when it rains. Besides, it doesn't even have a performance advantage over the sedan version.

For 250k, if you want cars with lots of performance in mind, you can get the City Type-Z VTi, EK Civic VTi. Or, if you want something that's loaded and luxurious, the Exalta or Lynx are the way to go.

thanks sir! appreciate the input!

more inputs pa po please, anu pa po iba model na swak sa budget?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sir kung ako, Mazda Lantis 1.6L MT na lang ako or Civic EG hatchback kung gusto ko porma. Pag Civic hatch hanap ka naka change engine na EFI na. local EK VTi engine should be efficient for the body size of the EG hatch and fun too.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Sir kung ako, Mazda Lantis 1.6L MT na lang ako or Civic EG hatchback kung gusto ko porma. Pag Civic hatch hanap ka naka change engine na EFI na. local EK VTi engine should be efficient for the body size of the EG hatch and fun too.
    salamat sa advice sir,

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    To give you an idea

Lantis

^ btw, this particular Lantis is for sale in mtp.

Civic EG

I personally like the GSR too but the version that i like the most isn't available with manual tranny

the 01 models up.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gie190920 View Post
    ahh no problem naman po sa rear seat, 2 lang naman po kami sasakay ng gf ko eh, how about sa FC po sir? wala ba prob sa suspension ang gsr? and aircon? para po kasi may nabasa ako about sa mga lancer na may prob eh, tnx
    AC issues are mostly with the blower, if I recall right from the time I spent fixing one. Other than that, IACV issues and suspension are most common, but on cars this old, chances are you will have to fix those things, anyway, if the previous owner didn't. At least it has no strange rust issues like Civic.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    AC issues are mostly with the blower, if I recall right from the time I spent fixing one. Other than that, IACV issues and suspension are most common, but on cars this old, chances are you will have to fix those things, anyway, if the previous owner didn't. At least it has no strange rust issues like Civic.

di naman po ba expensive ang pa ayos pag gnun ang prob?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Define expensive...

I don't really recall. Not categorically more so than other 1.6 liter cars of the time. And everything else is relative. Ive got an uncle who's a first owner of 98 1.3 (four door) and it has been relatively trouble free. On the other hand, my cousin's GSR needed a bit of suspension work over the years because he drove it kind of recklessly.

Everything will depend on the previous owner. If they took care of it, it will be okay. If they didn't, it won't.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Define expensive...

I don't really recall. Not categorically more so than other 1.6 liter cars of the time. And everything else is relative. Ive got an uncle who's a first owner of 98 1.3 (four door) and it has been relatively trouble free. On the other hand, my cousin's GSR needed a bit of suspension work over the years because he drove it kind of recklessly.

Everything will depend on the previous owner. If they took care of it, it will be okay. If they didn't, it won't.
    ok po sir, hopefully maka bili ako ng gsr o kahit ano na maganda pa at quality!! salamat po sa input!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ask lang po about FC ng ford RS 2.0? tnx po

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Traffic, 6-8 kml. Highway, 10-16 kml. Mixed usually 8-10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast