New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hydra925 View Post
    * to the others: hello nosebleed mga post nyo..may mga suspension, rpm, axle..hay there's a lot to learn pa tlga..

well, i just have to go see the jimny in person, di ba sabi nila if your buying yuor car its like love at first sight..kung may chemistry so bka siya na nga para sa akin (sorry umaandar pagkababae ko..
    Nosebleed ba? Hahaha... okay... in simple terms, the Jimny's suspension resembles that of a World War 2 Army Jeep. Which is also why some people say it's "ancient". If you've ever ridden in the third row of an FX Taxi, that's close to what it's like... though the Jimny isn't that bad. The ride isn't great, but it's more than bearable for short city commutes.

-

True... if you like it... why not? Suzuki makes pretty good engines, and the Jimny's undersides are tough, so it should last you a long time. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *hydra:

niky pretty much summed up why I referred to it as 'ancient'. It literally *is* a truck, but the good thing is, since that it's based on simple tech, it will last forever. It pretty much is like the perfect city car for Metro Manila.

Overpriced because if you opt for the AT variant, it costs over 800k. It costs nearly the same as the top variants of subcompact cars, for something made using old tech and with not much features. This is not even mentioning the fact that you get a smaller engine that isn't even as fuel efficient (IIRC) and lesser interior space, compared to a subcompact car.

(Yes, this is the frustrated side of me that initially wanted a Jimny but can't justify its value for money. )

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe we should make an almost-Jimny owners' club? We almost got one secondhand, but it was a matic 4x2... I really want a manual 4x4.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    since you like it rough, just buy a mitsu strada.

ask her for more money (just 200k more). hehe.
    brader, SUV kamo hindi PICK UP. at di ok na mangutang

i could suggest Suzuki jimny. kaso mukang outdated na at napasobra ang liit

pwede naman mga 2nd hand na X-Trail, CR-V (if you dont mind the fuel consumption). or 2nd hand na rav4.

or yung mga SUVic SUVs. pwede ka pasama dyan kay testament pag bibili ka :naughty2:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *niky:

I would imagine that there are many other almost-Jimny owners out there. If only Suzuki Phil. kept the prices slightly above the micro cars and below the subcompacts...

-

Given the state of the weather today in MMla, Jimny+snorkel+bigger tires would've been perfect.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post

Given the state of the weather today in MMla, Jimny+snorkel+bigger tires would've been perfect.
    *jave: yeah, true kung nka-jimy na ako, pede na ako magbiyahe on any weather condition without worrying kung mamatayn ako ng makina..

last night, while i was at the mall, i saw a jimny parked, nag-mukha akong magnanakaw and was trying to see how it looked inside..my brother had to pull me away kc the owners were coming..so they actually saw me trying to take a photo of the car..hehehe..on stalker mode..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ello po! How about the KIA SOUL, its new in the market ilalabas pa lng this august yun. bka pwede mo po mai consider. its a mini suv category sya. but hnd pa confirm ang price e. pls call me * 0922NOADVERTISEMENTS.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 20th, 2009 at 06:11 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by msJ View Post
    ello po! How about the KIA SOUL, its new in the market ilalabas pa lng this august yun. bka pwede mo po mai consider. its a mini suv category sya. but hnd pa confirm ang price e. pls call me * 0922NOADVERTISEMENTS.
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER:

Do not post in SMS/TXT format when posting messages.

Do not post advertisements in the forums.
    [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sorry!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
MINI-SUV suggestions?