New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Hello guys, I just moved to Manila and will be settling down here for some years.
    I am thinking of buying a second hand car and been searching on some sites but it seems to get more confusing really
    I personally prefer a used car in any color with price range from 300-500k and suitable for woman to drive in the city centre.
    I dont know much about cars so.....looking forward to your advice!!!

Many thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coleengarcia View Post
    Hello guys, I just moved to Manila and will be settling down here for some years.
    I am thinking of buying a second hand car and been searching on some sites but it seems to get more confusing really
    I personally prefer a used car in any color with price range from 300-500k and suitable for woman to drive in the city centre.
    I dont know much about cars so.....looking forward to your advice!!!

Many thanks!!!
    500K is already in the realm of some brand-new, basic mini-cars.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    500K is already in the realm of some brand-new, basic mini-cars.
    Thank you for your reply!!!
    Well....... 500k is a maximum of maximum budget
    I am actually eyeing on a 410k hyundai i10

Do you think I should lower my price range to buy a used car and save up some money or consider purchasing a brand new one?
    I think I will only drive from home to work and sometimes travel around.

Any more advice please?

Thanksssss a bunch!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    if willing to deal with potential headaches, go with used but spare some money for repairs.

if kaya ng budget(pms, gas, other expenses) then brand new.

or pabili ka na lang ng brand new kay billy crawford para tapos ang problema, coleen.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I used to think like you but I ended up with brand-new. I am also new here so I dont want to struggle for repairing

To be frankly, used car is not cheap in Philippines, let take one typical case as an example: brand new Subaru Forester 2017 has price 1.598.000 Peso, but 2015 with 45K mileage has price 1.350.000 Peso, it's not worth to take a risk for a family car

Quote Originally Posted by coleengarcia View Post
    Thank you for your reply!!!
    Well....... 500k is a maximum of maximum budget
    I am actually eyeing on a 410k hyundai i10

Do you think I should lower my price range to buy a used car and save up some money or consider purchasing a brand new one?
    I think I will only drive from home to work and sometimes travel around.

Any more advice please?

Thanksssss a bunch!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A second hand 1600-1800 car like a 2014 to 2017 Altis or Civic seems good. Try to get a 2015 and up model.

If you prefer a small car, a Jazz or Yaris of the same vintage also fits the bill.

IMO, I would avoid the likes of a Hyundai. It's hit or miss with the quality if you ask me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A used Vios/City/Jazz will have about similar price as a used Altis/Civic/Lancer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A used Vios/City/Jazz will have about similar price as a used Altis/Civic/Lancer.
    Yup. It boils down to preference too. Some may prefer the the packaging of a Jazz or Yaris.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Maihuu View Post
    I used to think like you but I ended up with brand-new. I am also new here so I dont want to struggle for repairing

To be frankly, used car is not cheap in Philippines, let take one typical case as an example: brand new Subaru Forester 2017 has price 1.598.000 Peso, but 2015 with 45K mileage has price 1.350.000 Peso, it's not worth to take a risk for a family car
    Thank you for your helpful advice!
    I am a woman with very basic knowledge of cars so if there are any after purchase problems, I would have no idea what to do!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    A second hand 1600-1800 car like a 2014 to 2017 Altis or Civic seems good. Try to get a 2015 and up model.

If you prefer a small car, a Jazz or Yaris of the same vintage also fits the bill.

IMO, I would avoid the likes of a Hyundai. It's hit or miss with the quality if you ask me.

I think a small car is a match for me.
    Some friends also told me that I should not go for a Hyundai either.

Thanks a lot Vinj!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Looking for a used Toyota/Hyundai/Suzuki for woman in Manila