New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hey everyone! I'm getting my driver's license soon and obviously I'll be needing a car but the hard part is actually finding out which of the myriad of different models out there is perfect for me.

First of all, I'm pretty tall (6'2) and I'm only 18 so I'll probably keep growing so obviously I'll need something that I'll fit in. I also need something that's relatively fuel efficient as I make a ~20km round trip from my house to school. I'd also like something comfortable so leather seats would be a plus, a great air conditioning system is a must and a great audio system would be excellent. I'd also like something that's fun/enjoyable to drive as I don't want to drive a boat.

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Lower your standards and you can buy a brand new vehicle with your budget.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I'd get the 2010 onwards top of the line jazz if fc is of concern. Roomy for its class and fun to drive mags and 2in drop lang, pogi na!

Sent from my SC-01E using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Lower your standards and you can buy a brand new vehicle with your budget.
    The thing is brand new vehicles at this point are fugly and I probably won't fit in any of them.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12444 View Post
    The thing is brand new vehicles at this point are fugly and I probably won't fit in any of them.
    EVO 5

Or a 3rd gen CRV. I believe makakakuha ka na with that price..

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 12444 View Post
    Are you overweight or not? Stop over-thinking about your height if i may add. You're 18 and more or less you'll grow not that much anymore. I know of guys much taller then you are and they drove around in old Galants (box type) and old two door Civics when were in college (these were UAAP players and now being in the PBA, they can afford larger offerings to boot). I myself am over 6 feet and i rarely encounter problems with space in cars nowadays (maybe if you try fitting me in the back seat of a 90s B13 Sentra or AE92 Corolla, i'd bitch after half an hour but for front seats, quite a lot goes already).

Have you gone around the dealers and checked out the new offerings at 700K?

For second hand, try checking out a 2011-2012 Altis. You can also consider 3-5 year old CUVs (Rav, CR-V, Tucson CRDi, etc), pick-ups, 2005-2008 Fortuners, etc... etc... etc.
    Last edited by vinj; October 27th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    douchebag

I am the highway...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A used Lancer GT-A or a late model Civic FD (2009-2011) or a Focus TDCi will be good options. They are quite sporty and offers good FC. The Focus TDCi will be the best choice if you're after fuel efficiency. These compacts could still sit tall guys as I see a bunch of big people use compact cars.

If you want something comfortable with leather seats at that price, then go midsize but they are not that fuel efficient. Some used Mazda6 2009-2011 and Accord 2008-2010 are priced between 650k-700k nowadays. The previous gen Mazda6 2006-2008 and Accords 2005-2007 are even priced lower at around 450k-500k. The Mazda6 and Accord are sporty enough to drive and even offers better response/handling than other compacts.
    Last edited by Egan101; October 27th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Try ka freddie. He might have some good options to offer you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Go for a second hand crossover SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast