New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    My sister's looking for a second hand car to be used for crawling EDSA traffic. Told her to get a second hand instead of a brand new one if all she'd do with it is park and crawl in EDSA. Currently have a budget of 400-450k and looking at 2014 -up Mirages, G4s, and Vios. I've been combing their respective threads and haven't caught any particular issues with regards to each model. Can you guys chime in if there are specifics we need to check between these cars and if there are better options out there? Our mechanic still recommends the vios but I'd like to think she would be getting more out of her money in getting a mirage, puchase-wise and FC-wise.Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Girl crawling EDSA traffic? Get a brand new. Baka abutan ng pagkasira sa EDSA.
    Dagdagan na lang ng kaunti yung 450K to get a new sub-compact.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm extremely happy with my 2010 Altis. Absolutely no repairs done since the warranty lapsed (I claimed warranty for AC issue). I drive that car alone going home to Laguna.

I think getting a 2nd hand is practical, just make sure that the car is in good condition.

Vios for me because it's a Vios

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm extremely happy with my 2010 Altis. Absolutely no repairs done since the warranty lapsed (I claimed warranty for AC issue). I drive that car alone going home to Laguna.

I think getting a 2nd hand is practical, just make sure that the car is in good condition.

cathy palit tayo may vios ako ^_^

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Girl crawling EDSA traffic? Get a brand new. Baka abutan ng pagkasira sa EDSA.
    Dagdagan na lang ng kaunti yung 450K to get a new sub-compact.
    Maybe they prefer second hand so they can choose the last digit of the plate for coding day.

Tapatalked

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Maybe they prefer second hand so they can choose the last digit of the plate for coding day.

Tapatalked
    This too. Its going to get swapped on its coding day with a vehicle prohibited to run on a Monday.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Thanks for the input Cath. We just find it a waste to buy brand new when the car would only be used for manila traffic use. We've got a mechanic helping us to sort things out.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    alin ba mas matipid Vios o Mirage?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    On paper, Mirage.

Tapatalked