New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mccoy26 View Post
    Help me choose the best crossover that I will get hopefully by mid of 2022.
    For consideration are the following:

a. Can be brand new, max is budget is 1.3M or second-hand (less than 5 years old) 800k max .
    b. Fits a family of 3 and a small dog.
    c. Will be the main vehicle. Can be used out of town twice a month.
    d. Has good ground clearance
    e. Has above-average trunk space when 2nd row seats are folded
    f. Has more than adequate power for Baguio trips with 4-5 adults and cargo.
    g. Moon-roof is a plus

I have watched and read reviews and I'm leaning towards the Ford Territory because of the features and pretty much future proof. I have also thought of the Geely Coolray but I'm concerned of the possibility that it might close shop 5-10 years from now. I know Ford is based on a Chinese car as well but at least Ford has a more solid market in the PH. I am struggling to look for choices for second-hand crossover choices as well hope you guys can help out.
    you've mentioned baguio. most vehicles can climb baguio naman. whats your current vehicle?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Not crossovers (MPVs, actually), but within your budget are the J & E Innovas, diesels. E's have an A/T option.

The G Avanza has a bit more power than its 1.3 siblings, but they're all gas models. They're closer to the lower end of your budget spectrum though.

Since worried ka about companies pulling out of the Phil. market "down the road" (and rightly so) you can't go wrong with the Toyotas

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    As to build quality... when I compare the SUV I got last year (diff. manufacturer, but also Japanese) with a Toyota I got almost 4 yrs ago, the Toyota's superb.

Paano ko nasabi?
    Both units were factory fresh when acquired. (30 & 10km respectively, on odo.- normal yan bec. they conduct road testing of units after assembly- and they should naman talaga)

When I compare the welds, the factory rustproofing/"undercoat" and even the wiring of the cables in the engine bay, one can clearly see great care was taken for the Toyota's (pulido talaga), and to think the Toyota came from their Indonesian factory! The only thing I can complain (???) of is 4 to 6 pinprick sized ("tuldok") blemishes (a few on the hood & 2 on the roof) on the factory paintjob, and the soft, cheaper paint used, but that's it. Oo na, alam ko iba paint used for G & V Altises & other more expensive models

As for the SUV, compared to the Toyota, parang tinatamad yung gumawa eh. Ok naman, but I feel I could do a more thorough job, lalo na dun sa factory undercoating, and sa engine wiring (mas OC lang siguro ako). Kahit nga yung"hood release" handle dun sa cabin, sa Toyota taught yung cable, eto, loose (maluwang). If prof. ako "pasang awa" lang bigay ko sa quality control. Yun nga lang, the unit was built in the throes of the worst part of the pandemic crisis so to be fair, baka malaki rin impact nun sa production process nila at the time (i.e. few workers, plant closed, etc.).

Both are Japanese brands, both outsourced production outside of Japan, but (in my experience) the Aichi based manufacturer is the winner in my book!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mccoy26 View Post

-Do Subaru XV's/Forrester's age well and do they have good support in the PH? Might consider them second hand
    I recently bought a very uncommon 2nd hand Subaru. Joined a club in FB. Members seem to be helpful and can point out reliable shops that specializes on Subaru cars. Parts, even some hard to find ones, can also be easily ordered online by asking club members or browsing in shopee. I'm sure the XV and Forester, the more common Subarus in the country, are easier to maintain.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Subaru maintenance is a bit challenging, only consider one if you stay near a good shop.

There are also plenty of aircon complaints but the rest of the car is reliable

Good value used since their resale values arent great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Subaru maintenance is a bit challenging, only consider one if you stay near a good shop.

There are also plenty of aircon complaints but the rest of the car is reliable

Good value used since their resale values arent great.

i am wondering,
    "so why do they subaru?"

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My cousin has 2 subaru's replaced his jazz and lancer EX with a forester and an XV.

His reason: "Gusto ko".

Same with my officemate and our wedding ninong
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    "so why do they subaru?"
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    "so why do they subaru?"
    For some, cars are not chosen on exclusively on rational factors. We have a certain car because we wanted one.

The original poster looks like he wants to make a rational decision on his next car though

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    For some, cars are not chosen on exclusively on rational factors. We have a certain car because we wanted one.

The original poster looks like he wants to make a rational decision on his next car though
    In that regards, I think the poster should focus on the Territory then whether he will put it on top or rule it out. Because since it was specifically mentioned, andun na yun sa back of mind ni TS as a contender na talaga. Mahirap naman nga yung may "What if" ka knowing you had the Territory on top/contender in the list.

Personally wouldn't go for Territory but that's because Ford averse na ako and hindi convenient to find alternatives for me even if malapit lang Banawe and Ford Q Avenue.

I'm more willing to "gamble" on the Coolray/Geely Brand rather than an MG ZS or a Chery Tiggo. So it is case to case for individual and I wish the TS goodluck in his hunting.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Mmm not really. They're basically the same as any other Japanese cars. Extremely easy to DIY too.
    Things might only start getting complicated when doing major repairs with the boxer engine.

Mine's a 10 year old Subaru. In my experience problems are mostly just noisy suspension due to worn bushings which was easily fixable.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast