New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Won't recommend Subaru. Some have had luck with the brand pero personally I won't fully recommend it.

Our gen2 XV's cruise control crashes consistently. Sometimes it crashes after 45 mins, sometimes after 2 hours. Doesn't matter whether it's crawling in traffic or on a highway. Several MI visits turned up nothing on their scans. I asked if the VIN is covered by the brake switch recall and they said it's not and I have to pay for the replacement myself.

The evaporator failed after 3 years/ 18,000 kilometers. When I brought it to a 3rd party shop there were two other N-plated Foresters there for compressor replacements. My brother-in-law's evaporator and condenser were also replaced within 3 years of ownership.

Fluid changes are more expensive since it's a CVT and has a separate diff fluid for the rear.

And after all this time they still don't have stock speed-sensing door locks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Won't recommend Subaru. Some have had luck with the brand pero personally I won't fully recommend it.

Our gen2 XV's cruise control crashes consistently. Sometimes it crashes after 45 mins, sometimes after 2 hours. Doesn't matter whether it's crawling in traffic or on a highway. Several MI visits turned up nothing on their scans. I asked if the VIN is covered by the brake switch recall and they said it's not and I have to pay for the replacement myself.

The evaporator failed after 3 years/ 18,000 kilometers. When I brought it to a 3rd party shop there were two other N-plated Foresters there for compressor replacements. My brother-in-law's evaporator and condenser were also replaced within 3 years of ownership.

Fluid changes are more expensive since it's a CVT and has a separate diff fluid for the rear.

good info

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    "so why do they subaru?"
    For some, it’s like the “Pearl of Great Price” in the Gospels. Talagang gusto nila yun.

Sa iba naman, bumili ng unit because they liked the features and nasa price range of what they’re willing to spend in the normal course of things.

And some... could be like a gaudy acquaintance of mine who bought an Accord because they (inwardly) think they can’t be seen driving anything less, or at least of equivalent or better class (ayaw daw niya ng mga ‘masa” na sasakyan). Regardless of their (actual) financial standing. “Branded” din lahat ng gamit nun, and panay post sa social media about their “wonderful” life. “Image is everything” (Whatever…)

I believe one should work towards what one wants to become (and work hard for it), not just look the part, but that’s just me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    As a fellow car enthusiast though, one thing I can say about `Subies is that they are beautiful, precision machines. Maybe not as noble in a class such as a GTR perhaps, but even if they’re expensive, they’re nice.

I got behind the wheel of one (an old WRX) once when an uncle sprained his ankle and asked me to drive home from a provincial trip. Used to the handling of our “masa” (hmp!) vehicles, I was surprised by its power & acceleration. The thing literally wanted to fly if it could, even with a gentle tap on the gas. Parang:

Mr. Sulu, ENGAGE!!! (-old Star Trek term for warp speed) Aye Capn’!”

Wouldn’t buy one though, and even if gifted one, I’d sell it. People with my mindset aren’t the target market. I’m soooo poor...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021

Precision machines nga, built to tight tolerances siguro.
    Di sila bagay dito sa 3rd world conditions natin.

Here, one must face reality and be a bit BADUY HAHAHA (Uy, don't take that too literally)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Rush
    Xpander Cross
    BRV
    Vitara
    XL7
    HRV
    Corolla Cross
    Seltos
    Kona

ZS
    Coolray

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Rush
    Xpander Cross
    BRV
    Vitara
    XL7
    HRV
    Corolla Cross
    Seltos
    Kona

ZS
    Coolray
    You forgot..

MG RX5

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Think way outside the box. Get a Prado 120...right within the budget. They live forever. Lotsa aftermarket support, too. Schizophrenic. Plush ageless mom-mobile on work days, able overlander on weekends. Across the Pacific, like its 80/LX450 big cousin, the 120-based GX470(w/ a petrol V8) has remained uber popular.[emoji4]screenshot_20210107-180510_facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Seems no mention of the FolksVagen. T--Cross...very elegant looking and a global car model...If ever magpush thru our plan..baka yun kinin namin for our daughter.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Seems no mention of the FolksVagen. T--Cross...very elegant looking and a global car model...If ever magpush thru our plan..baka yun kinin namin for our daughter.
    "if i can't get it fixed easy in banawe, i'm not interested."
    heh heh.

one thing i imagine with these cars,
    "hindi nakawin".
    Last edited by dr. d; January 4th, 2022 at 08:47 PM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast