New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi everyone,

Quick update! Followed all the procedure, got some help and found out that the car is incumbered. The mortgagee is already out of business and it will cost me a lot of effort to trace it (and to be honest I really don't want to bother anymore). The I've given up on selling the car and revived it instead (cost me a lot but what the heck). It looks good, so I change my mind in hating it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone,

Quick update! Followed all the procedure, got some help and found out that the car is incumbered. The mortgagee is already out of business and it will cost me a lot of effort to trace it (and to be honest I really don't want to bother anymore). The I've given up on selling the car and revived it instead (cost me a lot but what the heck). It looks good, so I change my mind in hating it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    [QUOTE=Socorro;2070887]Hi everyone,

Were you able to have it transferred / registered under your father's name now or you just secured another copy of the encumbered CR and had it registered again as usual?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    That's the thing, the car is under my dad's name but the CR is encumbered.

- - - Updated - - -

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so your dad won after all... heh heh.
    enjoy the car, then. at least, i didn't cost you as much as if you had bought your own car..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Honestly, the EK is a good car. It has a lot of aftermarket parts to choose from to make it at least unique, and has a lot of OEM parts as well available if the car needs some sort of revival. Plus! A lot of shops are more than willing, and really knowledgeable about engine swaps etc. It's a Honda after all.

A new car is definitely better but take my word on this, old cars can be more exciting and fun to drive. It may not be as fast as the new ones but they're usually more exciting to drive. I wish I never sold mine.

Anyway, enjoy your ride ! If you want to share pics, do so hehehe

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, the EK is a good car. It has a lot of aftermarket parts to choose from to make it at least unique, and has a lot of OEM parts as well available if the car needs some sort of revival. Plus! A lot of shops are more than willing, and really knowledgeable about engine swaps etc. It's a Honda after all.

A new car is definitely better but take my word on this, old cars can be more exciting and fun to drive. It may not be as fast as the new ones but they're usually more exciting to drive. I wish I never sold mine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh no! Sell that cursed car ASAP! Don't go down to that slippery slope, baka maging happy boy ka!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

hahahahaha

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Socorro View Post
    that's one last thing you need to fix too ... i guess

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    This is definitely true. I didn't have trouble finding good parts and obtaining services for the car. Still, it was a lot of money considering its a repair job.

Here she is. Still a long way to go but so far she is alive and a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Yup, the car remains! So I'll shut up now in buying a new car and hopefully won't think about it for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    enjoy the car, then. at least, i didn't cost you as much as if you had bought your own car..
    - - - Updated - - -

Yup, the car remains! So I'll shut up now in buying a new car and hopefully won't think about it for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast