New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Haha. Yeah mahal nga nang stereo but I don't know if thats a fair price for a Pioneer DEH-44HD, with JBL 1200watt subwoofer, amplifier and pods. The battery is definitely overpriced but its obvious that he puts a labor fee into that. The registration is a smack face ripoff considering they surrendered the OR of course but I just justified this on the leg work, insurance and he did a bit of work on tracing the CRE.

Yup, thats what I mentioned complete :surrender:

A facelift is definitely in mind after I finish with the inner stuff (Dont know car lingo! Haha)

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Grabe ang mahal ng stereo... A good 1-DIN Sony Xplod head unit featuring aux-in, MP3 and USB with speakers will cost less than 10k. Battery is overpriced... Big 3SM battery for our Revo costs just 3000 plus eh 1SM lang ang sayo. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of registration, lalo na at 1.6L compact sedan lang, kahit sabihing matagal hindi narehistro. Anyway, nagawa na at wala na tayo magagawa diyan. Let us hope you enjoy the car and maybe convert it to the facelifted "SiR body" look.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Retouch lang, but to be honest I friggin don't know which part of that car that is!

Baka naman retouch lang? Ang matinong total repaint nasa 5 digits yan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    The car paint is okay really. The hood and roof are not damaged before the repair cause we have a roofed garage. Honestly, I need to make this clear. I'm gonna call them again and cause havoc!!

Hood and/or roof lang. Pero diba kapag nakaiwan lang sa garahe dapat sariwang sariwa ang pintura?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Okay here's what happened to the car. Last year we sold this car to our friendly relative mechanic for... wait for it... 60k! It was brought down that low cause we know that the car doesn't have proper papers and since the car won't start, and we don't know anything about its mechanics, we though it is completely dead and thought the price is fair. (The day they got the car, after the money has been exchanged, they just changed the fraking battery and the car came back to life. ).

The people who bought it were confident that they will be able to settle the papers, this is after telling them that we tried before and failed. So yeah, after a month, after they fixed the car, they called us saying that, yup, they're returning the car and wanted us to pay for the repairs/services cause after the leg work (we're talking about even a PNP trace!) they've come to a dead end cause the financier is already out of business.

After that.. war (cause of the price)!

Then were in the now.

Sorry if medyo malayo na tayo from the original thread. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sindong View Post
    Ano yung payment na worth 60k? Sa 15k na registration dapat tanggal na yung encumbered.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Socorro View Post
    Haha. Yeah mahal nga nang stereo but I don't know if thats a fair price for a Pioneer DEH-44HD, with JBL 1200watt subwoofer, amplifier and pods. The battery is definitely overpriced but its obvious that he puts a labor fee into that. The registration is a smack face ripoff considering they surrendered the OR of course but I just justified this on the leg work, insurance and he did a bit of work on tracing the CRE.

Yup, thats what I mentioned complete :surrender:

A facelift is definitely in mind after I finish with the inner stuff (Dont know car lingo! Haha)
    Tell you what, I just changed the Revo's head unit today at Philbest in Araneta with a Kenwood KDC-U349, which I'mma tell you most definitely matches your Pioneer HU and costs... 4000 petot. Last November 2011 I changed four speakers at Team Car in Banawe with Sony Xplod units for 2800 petot. Now I don't know how much the sub costs, but it definitely ain't as much as the HU and speakers put together. Not to mention he's a mechanic, so he knows where these things sell for cheap...

Facelift is a very nice proposition, but that means you'd be changing the headlights again, which I noticed, were listed among the things replaced. Oh well, they'd most likely accept trade-in anyway, especially if the shop sells surplus stuff.
    Okay here's what happened to the car. Last year we sold this car to our friendly relative mechanic for... wait for it... 60k! It was brought down that low cause we know that the car doesn't have proper papers and since the car won't start, and we don't know anything about its mechanics, we though it is completely dead and thought the price is fair. (The day they got the car, after the money has been exchanged, they just changed the fraking battery and the car came back to life. ).

The people who bought it were confident that they will be able to settle the papers, this is after telling them that we tried before and failed. So yeah, after a month, after they fixed the car, they called us saying that, yup, they're returning the car and wanted us to pay for the repairs/services cause after the leg work (we're talking about even a PNP trace!) they've come to a dead end cause the financier is already out of business.

After that.. war (cause of the price)!

Then were in the now.

Sorry if medyo malayo na tayo from the original thread. :D
    OK lang yan bro. Thread mo naman to eh. Kotse mo rin ang pinag-uusapan so walang problema.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ano ba naka sulat sa deed of sale niyo? If meron nga? Kasi the buyers were aware of the then present state of the car you are selling, including the missing papers. So dapat di kayo papayaa na isasauli ang car. If walang deed of sale iba usapan.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Considering that they are mechanics, I wonder why they didn't chop up the car for parts? That's what most carnappers do, right? Since they bought the car for just 60k, they'd make a huge profit if they sell the parts to surplus retailers in Banawe...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Ha? They proceeded with the repairs/upgrades without having completed the car's paper trail yet? Dapat naging usapan nyo sa una pa lang, kung baga eh "as is... where is" basis. Knowing now what had transpired, mukhang in-overprice ka nga thinking OFW ka naman kaya marami kang pera.
    Last edited by gearhead000; January 16th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na yan, pwede na ulit stock ng another 14 yrs

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ I agree w/ Shadow. TS, don't think too much about ur expenses or kung naloko ka ba ng mechanic. At least u were able to save a lot of money in restoring ur dad's car as compared to buying a brand new one. Further, may sentimental value din yang car ni dad mo.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345