New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I need your input regarding po sa automatic car na I'm planning to buy. Budget po is 150k, this is my very first car. I prefer a car that has power, ma porma and low maintenance.

I'm ok with V6 engines. The car I'm choosing are:

Mitsubishi Galant VR6 (96)
    Mitsubishi Lancer GLXI (95)
    Honda Civic ESI (95)
    Honda Accord (95)
    Mazda 323 Familia GLXI (96)/(97)
    Mazda 626 (96)/(97)

Salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    my opinion lang sir, i'll bring down to two of your choices... lancer glxi and civic esi. hindi naman sa ayoko nung mazda 323 familia pero i'm more inclined to those two. the galant, accord, and 626, eh malalakas sa gasolina. i think of my fuel expenses sa mga panahon ngayon kaya dun ako sa makakatipid at makakapagbigay sa akin ng more mileage per liter ng gasolina. still, ikaw pa rin magdedecide

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzero View Post
    I need your input regarding po sa automatic car na I'm planning to buy. Budget po is 150k, this is my very first car. I prefer a car that has power, ma porma and low maintenance.
    I would recommend removing these from your list:

-Mitsubishi Galant VR6 (96)
    -Honda Accord (95)
    -Mazda 323 Familia GLXI (96)/(97)
    -Mazda 626 (96)/(97)

The reasons are more costly maintenance and relatively high fuel consumption.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would recommend removing these from your list:

-Mitsubishi Galant VR6 (96)
    -Honda Accord (95)
    -Mazda 323 Familia GLXI (96)/(97)
    -Mazda 626 (96)/(97)

The reasons are more costly maintenance and relatively high fuel consumption.

And add this on your list......

Toyota Corolla Big Body

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzero View Post

I'm ok with V6 engines. The car I'm choosing are:

Mitsubishi Galant VR6 (96)
    Mitsubishi Lancer GLXI (95)
    Honda Civic ESI (95)
    Honda Accord (95)
    Mazda 323 Familia GLXI (96)/(97)
    Mazda 626 (96)/(97)

Salamat po!

at 150k, AT and power, i would recommend the nissan sentra s3 or s4. di lang ako sure kung pasok na yung S4 sa budget.

reason? lots of torque, lots of parts.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    with 4 of your 6 choices, be prepared to pay eternal installment at the gas station. since you are a first timer, i suggest you get a car that has many parts, is simple and reliable, and is fuel efficient. yes, get a taxi model car. corolla, sentra, pride, lancer, suzuki alto (yes! i've ridden in one; it's comfy inside!)
    the big cars are cheap because everything else is expensive: fuel, spare parts, lto registration.

I need your input for buying a used car