New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Honestly, I have only ever ridden, but never driven an N16 Sentra. But IIRC, this engine makes 116hp, which though not exactly drag strip worthy, is more than enough to get you to speeds in excess of 180km/h if pushed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Wala naman po ako balak ipush to 180km/h lalo pa po may speed limit sa NLEX. But that's good to know.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by small4ward View Post
    But have you ever tried driving a Sentra 1.6 na full load? Malakas ba talaga hatak lalo na sa highway?
    I was a long time owner of a Nissan N16 GS 1.6L 4AT (2002 Exalta Grandeur GS) before I had to sell it as I needed to leave for the US in 2009 for a work assignment. It may not be as quick as the lighter Civic ES or handles as good as a Mazda3 of its era but it offers good enough performance for a city ride. The QG16 engine offers a decent amount of torque at low rpms but its 4AT tranny does not make it as quick as it can be. The GSX 5MT model is quicker.

The N16 platform is on the heavy side of a compact of its age. It is a good highway cruiser as it feels stable on triple digit speeds. With the 4AT tranny, you can do 150-160 kmh with it but anything higher you may need to floor that accelerator hard. The chassis offers good sound insulation and the suspension is on the comfortable side.

With the 1.6L engine, expect FC to be around 8 km/L on city routes and 12-14 km/L on the highway. The QG16 requires 95RON fuel (based on my manual) so prolonged use of 91RON or 93RON may not be good for the engine. Make sure to keep the MAF sensor clean all the time (using non-contact cleaner spray) as a dirty MAF sensor will increase FC considerably. Also, with its heavy chassis, the front suspension arm rubber bushings gets worn easily when driven daily on bumpy city roads. It's an easy fix if you bring the car to Cruven.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I was a long time owner of a Nissan N16 GS 1.6L 4AT (2002 Exalta Grandeur GS) before I had to sell it as I needed to leave for the US in 2009 for a work assignment. It may not be as quick as the lighter Civic ES or handles as good as a Mazda3 of its era but it offers good enough performance for a city ride. The QG16 engine offers a decent amount of torque at low rpms but its 4AT tranny does not make it as quick as it can be. The GSX 5MT model is quicker.

The N16 platform is on the heavy side of a compact of its age. It is a good highway cruiser as it feels stable on triple digit speeds. With the 4AT tranny, you can do 150-160 kmh with it but anything higher you may need to floor that accelerator hard. The chassis offers good sound insulation and the suspension is on the comfortable side.

With the 1.6L engine, expect FC to be around 8 km/L on city routes and 12-14 km/L on the highway. The QG16 requires 95RON fuel (based on my manual) so prolonged use of 91RON or 93RON may not be good for the engine. Make sure to keep the MAF sensor clean all the time (using non-contact cleaner spray) as a dirty MAF sensor will increase FC considerably. Also, with its heavy chassis, the front suspension arm rubber bushings gets worn easily when driven daily on bumpy city roads. It's an easy fix if you bring the car to Cruven.
    Good point sir. I will remember that whenever I choose nissan as my first car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017

Considered bang 95RON ang Petron XCS?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Considered bang 95RON ang Petron XCS?

Yes, Petron XCS is 95RON.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Yes, Petron XCS is 95RON.
    I see. Pero anong brand ba ang may cheapest na 95RON?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see. Pero anong brand ba ang may cheapest na 95RON?

Just look around your area for the cheapest one. Gas prices vary per city within Metro Manila. You can use Shell V-Power Nitro+, Petron XCS, Caltex Platinum, UniOil 95, Total Excellium, SeaOil Extreme97, or Phoenix Premium 95.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Just look around your area for the cheapest one. Gas prices vary per city within Metro Manila. You can use Shell V-Power Nitro+, Petron XCS, Caltex Platinum, UniOil 95, Total Excellium, SeaOil Extreme97, or Phoenix Premium 95.
    With regards to cd player. Pwede ba palitan yung gx variant from cd player to an lcd one? Palalagyan ko rin kasi ng back camera if ever eh.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With regards to cd player. Pwede ba palitan yung gx variant from cd player to an lcd one? Palalagyan ko rin kasi ng back camera if ever eh.

Yes, sir! Kuha ka lang ng 2-din dvd/bt headunit with rear camera capability. Yung Pioneer marami mapagpilian.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Unfortunately upon looking at units for sale in Olx, it would seem that the Sentra GX only has space for 1DIN units on its center stack. It would take some creativity on the installer's part as to where he is going to place the 2DIN unit. The GS on the other hand has a 2DIN slot due to a lower placement of its auto climate control.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast