New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    I am planning to buy a second hand car. So far my choices (considering my budget) are a Honda City 2006 AT vs a Nissan Sentra 2010 AT.

For everyday commute within the city with weekends going to Bulacan via NLEX. And also, pag weekend, kasama ko lagi yung brother ko na may kabigatan ang weight (5'10, 250 lbs). Ako naman po ay may katangkaran kaya mejo hirap po ako makita yung side mirror ng honda city. (Yes, I have test driven both)

Ano po ba marerecommend niyo sakin based in the situation I explained above? May nababasa din kasi ako sa ibang threads dito na kesyo magaan daw ang city vs. Sentra (which I also noticed when crusing uphill)

Appreciate all your inputs. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    4 years is a long time for a car, mate. Do these two cars you mentioned cost the same? What variant are they and how much is the mileage?

Since you have already driven both... Which one did you like better? Which one catered to your needs more?

I find the '06 City ugly. Some people refer to it as the "ipis". It's got excellent fuel saving technologies, but the CVT is known to be unreliable. If I we're to get this model, I'd get the better looking Jazz, and in 1.5M/T form. But that's kinda expensive, and rare too.

The Sentra is nice, well equipped for the price. Doesn't particularly excel in any given area though except perhaps ride comfort. I'd go for it if it's the 1.6.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    4 years is a long time for a car, mate. Do these two cars you mentioned cost the same? What variant are they and how much is the mileage?

Since you have already driven both... Which one did you like better? Which one catered to your needs more?

I find the '06 City ugly. Some people refer to it as the "ipis". It's got excellent fuel saving technologies, but the CVT is known to be unreliable. If I we're to get this model, I'd get the better looking Jazz, and in 1.5M/T form. But that's kinda expensive, and rare too.

The Sentra is nice, well equipped for the price. Doesn't particularly excel in any given area though except perhaps ride comfort. I'd go for it if it's the 1.6.

Both owners wanted 220k php. City is 1.3 idsi 81k mileage and sentra is 1.3gx 37k mileage. Honestly, i like the city because i felt how light it was during the test drive. No delays in turning left and right.

Same with the sentra. No delays in turning left and right. Yes, it is spacious than the city, pero dama ko yung hirap ng hatak when we cruised uphill sa sgt. Esguerra (where abscbn main building is located)

Which one catered to my needs? Lamang si city kay sentra 1.3 sa ngayon given the fact na may times na kasabay ko si brother ko sa ilan sa mga lakad ko and ayoko lang din sana na makaexperience ng hirap sa hatak pag nagddrive.

Yun nga lang, tyagaan lang din kay city 06 since konting inch nalang yung pagitan ng ulo ko sa ceiling.

Hirap kasi humanap sa olx ng sentra na 1.6. Karamihan is 1.3. Palibhasa inayawan yata kasi nga underpowered sa ganung kalaking kaha.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by small4ward View Post
    Both owners wanted 220k php. City is 1.3 idsi 81k mileage and sentra is 1.3gx 37k mileage. Honestly, i like the city because i felt how light it was during the test drive. No delays in turning left and right.

Same with the sentra. No delays in turning left and right. Yes, it is spacious than the city, pero dama ko yung hirap ng hatak when we cruised uphill sa sgt. Esguerra (where abscbn main building is located)

Which one catered to my needs? Lamang si city kay sentra 1.3 sa ngayon given the fact na may times na kasabay ko si brother ko sa ilan sa mga lakad ko and ayoko lang din sana na makaexperience ng hirap sa hatak pag nagddrive.

Yun nga lang, tyagaan lang din kay city 06 since konting inch nalang yung pagitan ng ulo ko sa ceiling.

Hirap kasi humanap sa olx ng sentra na 1.6. Karamihan is 1.3. Palibhasa inayawan yata kasi nga underpowered sa ganung kalaking kaha.

Marami din namang Sentra 1.6 na binebenta. Look for the GS and GSX variants. Here's one. Nissan Sentra GS 212 [super fresh] a/t For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Nissan Sentra GS 212 [super fresh] a/t On OLX

Mahina talaga ang City IDSI. 82hp lang.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Marami din namang Sentra 1.6 na binebenta. Look for the GS and GSX variants. Here's one. Nissan Sentra GS 212 [super fresh] a/t For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Nissan Sentra GS 212 [super fresh] a/t On OLX

Mahina talaga ang City IDSI. 82hp lang.

Good catch! Okay i'll try to find. Pero talagang nasa 200k+ nalang talaga 2010-2012 model no? What's the reason kaya behind the low resale value?

Newbie here.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Good catch! Okay i'll try to find. Pero talagang nasa 200k+ nalang talaga 2010-2012 model no? What's the reason kaya behind the low resale value?

Newbie here.

That'll simply be because it is a Nissan. Gasoline powered Nissans have always had very dismal resale values. AFAIK the B12 Sentra from the late 80s utterly destroyed Nissan's reputation in the used car market.

Nissans are still pretty decent cars so they make for good value in the used car market. Just don't expect to sell it for a good price when the time comes.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    That'll simply be because it is a Nissan. Gasoline powered Nissans have always had very dismal resale values. AFAIK the B12 Sentra from the late 80s utterly destroyed Nissan's reputation in the used car market.

Nissans are still pretty decent cars so they make for good value in the used car market. Just don't expect to sell it for a good price when the time comes.

Wow. So meaning if I'm about to sell it to its 3rd owner if ever, talagang dapat bababaan ko pa simply because it is a Nissan ano?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow. So meaning if I'm about to sell it to its 3rd owner if ever, talagang dapat bababaan ko pa simply because it is a Nissan ano?

Hindi naman sa dapat babaan. Depende rin sa market price of the car sa oras ng pagbenta. Used car buyers will expect a certain car model to cost at a certain price range. Depending on condition, year model and mileage, it may be a bit more or a bit less.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hindi naman sa dapat babaan. Depende rin sa market price of the car sa oras ng pagbenta. Used car buyers will expect a certain car model to cost at a certain price range. Depending on condition, year model and mileage, it may be a bit more or a bit less.

But have you ever tried driving a Sentra 1.6 na full load? Malakas ba talaga hatak lalo na sa highway?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But have you ever tried driving a Sentra 1.6 na full load? Malakas ba talaga hatak lalo na sa highway?

Honestly, I have only ever ridden, but never driven an N16 Sentra. But IIRC, this engine makes 116hp, which though not exactly drag strip worthy, is more than enough to get you to speeds in excess of 180km/h if pushed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast