New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    Buying in cash? Try to ask for help also from your friends.
    Not yet sure po if cash. I will sir Thanks po

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you contact me, i'll refer you to my agent. hindi ka lalapastanganin noon. promise.
    good luck. happy hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    btw, they'll treat you well. even wine and dine you. (o sige, coffee and iced tea, and a lunch in their cafeteria.)
    but when it comes to trading in your mazda, they'll baratize you to death. they'll tell you so many bad things about it, you'd wonder why it was approved for sale back then.. you'll probably do better if you sell it yourself.
    Sure sir will send you pm po
    I won't sell our mazda 3 saka kay lola po siya hehe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    you should not be worried in the first place.

you can go alone and ask about cars sa casa and they will surely entertain you.

plus 1 on dr.d's suggestion as well.
    Thanks po

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Not yet sure po if cash. I will sir Thanks po

Bro,sama mo kameng mga tsikoteers tapos libre mo kame as soon as nakapagnegotiate na

Tsaka isapa bro, mas okay magsama ka ng mga car expert tulad nila.. Kase ako kahit mukhang halimaw pero nauuto padin

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    ^ I guess i-entertain ka naman nila. Ako din mejo bata pa tingnan (the past few years :p) kaya duda din mga agent saken. Ginagawa ko I always go to the casa with my car and I make sure they see my car to know that I'm a seriuous (sounds a bit childish and all, pero really works :D).

I suggest you ask for help from your other relatives. If wala talaga makakatulong, people here in tsikot can help you. Bago ka magcommit ng down payments, reservation fees, sign any documents and any other tying transactions, consult people here in tsikot.
    Sir ginagawa ko rin yan tapos pakita pa ng susi na nakasabit sa pants hehe

Yes very kind and helpful dito sa tsikot. Thanks po sir

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Sums it all up.

Ako naman opposite. Yun 18 ako mukhang 24 na ako.. ginagawa akong matanda amp.

Buying a car isn't really a hard thing to do. Now the hard thing is trying to get a good deal -- for that you need research, research, and more research.

I typically employ a lot of techniques in negotiating. The most common ones are..

One is the straight cash method -- give me your best offer, no more counteroffers and I'll purchase it within the week while...

The other one is the negotiation method -- give me your offer, this is the competitor's counter-offer.. kaya mo ba tapatan? Okay. Babaan naman natin -- give him a price. He'll probably give you a price in the middle as compromise.. don't get that but give another counteroffer. Make clear that the counter-offer is final and it's a deal close if he accepts. If he doesn't, you walk away.

These are very typical negotiating skills. You'll eventually use them in the future so brush your skills on them.

Also, knowledge is power. It's very hard to underestimate knowledge when negotiating. Second, remember.. di mo sila kilangan, kilangan ka nila. You're in the position to leverage your favorable position.

Final advice is never be afraid to walk away. Sila dapat maghabol sayo, hindi ikaw. Once ikaw naghabol, you automatically lose your leverage.

Kung pwede shameless plug, sa totoo lang over the years I've become a formidable negotiator :naughty2: that's how I managed to complete my car audio setup. Even until today, people screams (not an understatement) BARGAIN kung alam lang nila yun deals
    Learned a lot from you sir! Also gained my confidence hehe. Thank you so much po

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Your age should not be a problem. Be confident. You won't be taken advantage of if you are well informed. I used to have the same thinking when I go to car shops (babae ako, baka lokohin ako) so before I take my car for repairs I would ask my family/friends or ask Tsikot on the problem so I have an idea. It's almost the same principle as buying a car. I follow the same method as jhnkvn. I call different dealers for the best offer. I also browse the board for offers given to other members. Then I negotiate with the dealer that gave me the best offer. You can also buy on the 4th week or near the end of the month.

The guys gave you good advise. Knowing is winning half the battle already Good luck on your purchase
    Thanks po
    Why should I buy on the 4th week of the month po? :O

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NMuranoZ51 View Post
    Bro,sama mo kameng mga tsikoteers tapos libre mo kame as soon as nakapagnegotiate na

Tsaka sapa bro, mas okay magsama ka ng mga car expert tulad nila.. Kase ako kahit mukhang halimaw pero nauuto padn

Im sure marami sa inyo busy hehe weekdays kasi ako pwede pag walang pasok

Brand new po sir need ko sana may kasama lang sa mga transactions. Pero kaya naman mag isa siguro Thanks po sir

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Im sure marami sa inyo busy hehe weekdays kasi ako pwede pag walang pasok

Brand new po sir need ko sana may kasama lang sa mga transactions. Pero kaya naman mag isa siguro Thanks po sir

Lam mo sir, kung magpapasama ka naman i think mababait naman sila and they will arrange their schedule

Ako kase gusto kitang samahan im free pero wala akong alam sa kotse, recently download this app dahil gusto kong malaman or discover/explore more about car stuff para Di ako ma OP sa mga uncle's ko..

Like march 8 si Mr. Nissan agent naginvite sakin na magpunta sa Nissan Ortigas for their launch on sylphy and altima.. Pupunta ako..

Altima daw kalevel nya ang camry(ata)

Eto lang naman tatanong ko

Sir,pano mo masasabi na mas angat ang altima sa camry? Or Nissan patrol (royale) sa Toyota LC200.. Un lng naman ang ginagawa ko kapag nsa casa comparing hahaha dahil wala talaga akong alam pero i believe natututunan ko din mga parts na yan soon!

Bottomline for me is

Challenge them,Ask them questions Dont be afraid,Its their Lost

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hi! I can refer you on an agent, as long as it is Mitsubishi or Toyota. They are good friends of mine long before they became a car salesman/woman. I personally bought one from them (My Mirage). If you need help, you may send me a PM.

But just a bit of advice, tsikot and google is a friend. Before coming in a showroom, I suggest you do a bit of research about your candidate cars for consideration. Take into consideration PMS cost, a model's 'achilles heels' vis-a-vis your personal preference and needs and budget, of course. That way, you won't be confused upon selecting.

Case in point: Last year, we needed a small fuel efficient automatic hatchback. We bought a Mirage GLS. In a perfect world, I would have gotten us a Picanto 1.2L AT (not available back then, though) or a Mazda 2 R hatchback. The PMS cost of the Picanto at the time IIRC is higher than the Mirage, not to mention some dismal FC figures for a small car. Also, I prefer the safety of ABS and dual airbags which is absent in the Picanto and the Mazda 2 is just way out of the budget. Although I prefer the Picanto and 2's looks, I went home with a Mirage thinking it has more features than both, about as roomy as the 2 and just in the price league of the Picanto. It's not the perfect car out there, but it is perfect for my needs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hi guys I really need help :D