New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I live with my 2 lolas po both 60+ na. My mom works in london at yung dad ko po ay pinabayaan na ako. Ngayon if my visa will not be approved my mom will get me a car concern ko lang po I'm 19 yo palang tapos baby face pa looks like Im just a 16 yo kid.So tingin niyo po ba if pupunta ako sa mga showrooms, ieentertain kaya ako ng mga sales agent? I have no choice na po kasi kami nalang 3 ng lola ko po kasi. May mazda 3 po kami which is ako na po nag aalaga and nung nandiyan pa po tatay ko ay marami na siya naturo sakin about cars kasi sa side nila mga car enthusiasts. isa pang concern eh dahil bata pa ay baka mag take advantage po sila sakin. Ano kaya ang best na gawin ko?
    Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe you can have a close cousin help you out or have your best friend (along with his dad) accompany you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Buying in cash? Try to ask for help also from your friends.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you contact me, i'll refer you to my agent. hindi ka lalapastanganin noon. promise.
    good luck. happy hunting.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    you should not be worried in the first place.

you can go alone and ask about cars sa casa and they will surely entertain you.

plus 1 on dr.d's suggestion as well.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ I guess i-entertain ka naman nila. Ako din mejo bata pa tingnan (the past few years :p) kaya duda din mga agent saken. Ginagawa ko I always go to the casa with my car and I make sure they see my car to know that I'm a seriuous (sounds a bit childish and all, pero really works :D).

I suggest you ask for help from your other relatives. If wala talaga makakatulong, people here in tsikot can help you. Bago ka magcommit ng down payments, reservation fees, sign any documents and any other tying transactions, consult people here in tsikot.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    I suggest you ask for help from your other relatives. If wala talaga makakatulong, people here in tsikot can help you. Bago ka magcommit ng down payments, reservation fees, sign any documents and any other tying transactions, consult people here in tsikot.
    Sums it all up.

Ako naman opposite. Yun 18 ako mukhang 24 na ako.. ginagawa akong matanda amp.

Buying a car isn't really a hard thing to do. Now the hard thing is trying to get a good deal -- for that you need research, research, and more research.

I typically employ a lot of techniques in negotiating. The most common ones are..

One is the straight cash method -- give me your best offer, no more counteroffers and I'll purchase it within the week while...

The other one is the negotiation method -- give me your offer, this is the competitor's counter-offer.. kaya mo ba tapatan? Okay. Babaan naman natin -- give him a price. He'll probably give you a price in the middle as compromise.. don't get that but give another counteroffer. Make clear that the counter-offer is final and it's a deal close if he accepts. If he doesn't, you walk away.

These are very typical negotiating skills. You'll eventually use them in the future so brush your skills on them.

Also, knowledge is power. It's very hard to underestimate knowledge when negotiating. Second, remember.. di mo sila kilangan, kilangan ka nila. You're in the position to leverage your favorable position.

Final advice is never be afraid to walk away. Sila dapat maghabol sayo, hindi ikaw. Once ikaw naghabol, you automatically lose your leverage.

Kung pwede shameless plug, sa totoo lang over the years I've become a formidable negotiator :naughty2: that's how I managed to complete my car audio setup. Even until today, people screams (not an understatement) BARGAIN kung alam lang nila yun deals
    Last edited by jhnkvn; March 4th, 2014 at 12:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    btw, they'll treat you well. even wine and dine you. (o sige, coffee and iced tea, and a lunch in their cafeteria.)
    but when it comes to trading in your mazda, they'll baratize you to death. they'll tell you so many bad things about it, you'd wonder why it was approved for sale back then.. you'll probably do better if you sell it yourself.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 4th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Your age should not be a problem. Be confident. You won't be taken advantage of if you are well informed. I used to have the same thinking when I go to car shops (babae ako, baka lokohin ako) so before I take my car for repairs I would ask my family/friends or ask Tsikot on the problem so I have an idea. It's almost the same principle as buying a car. I follow the same method as jhnkvn. I call different dealers for the best offer. I also browse the board for offers given to other members. Then I negotiate with the dealer that gave me the best offer. You can also buy on the 4th week or near the end of the month.

The guys gave you good advise. Knowing is winning half the battle already Good luck on your purchase

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe you can have a close cousin help you out or have your best friend (along with his dad) accompany you.
    Thought of this already, kahiya lang kasi sa dad niya. I have one uncle, i might ask for his help he's from makati though. I might do this alone nalang siguro mukhang kaya naman ,iba pa naman feeling pag nagawa mo isang bagay na akala mo hindi mo kaya thanks po

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Hi guys I really need help :D