New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    How about Toyota Camry po?
    Any positive or negative feedback about Camry 1996 model?
    May nakita po ako na 125k is it worth buy?
    Around 140k+ na po milage niya,is it still good buy?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I suggest ipon-ipon muna for a better car. Get at least a car not older than 10 yrs except when a car is fully restored by hobbyists. I tell you, mahirirapan Lang kayo sa maintenance and repairs. Syempre better if bnew or not older than 5-years and you know how the car was handled and maintained.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tantra2gadget View Post
    2 liter engine na, automatic pa. expect higher fuel expenses. but the ride comfort must be better than smaller cars like corollas...
    125K ? sounds cheap. but i wouldn't want to be the one to find out why..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    2 liter engine na, automatic pa. expect higher fuel expenses. but the ride comfort must be better than smaller cars like corollas...
    125K ? sounds cheap. but i wouldn't want to be the one to find out why..
    Thanks po Sir Dr. D
    Nagtataka din po ako why the price is so cheap compared sa other Toyota's na manufactured within year below 1996.
    Mahirap na po kasi magipon ng malaking halaga kasi madami din po expenses for the family.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ahh~ Baguio ka pala so you need the power. This means 1.6L engines and up. Yung Sentra EX Saloon tulad nung kay tsinelas30 medyo mabibitin ka ng konti sa akyatan, lalo na kung mabigat ang dala. The best sa compact sedans ay kumuha ka ng Sentra Super Saloon na M/T. Midsize sedans are not so desirable due to high fuel consumption, especially with such hilly terrain.

Or if you are willing to be more metikuloso... You can get a Delica. Usong uso nito sa Baguio dahil matibay, malakas humatak at kaya ang off road. Old school turbo diesel pa kaya minimal maintenance cost tapus mura ang fuel costs. I bet the Delica's in Baguio have much, much better conversion quality as compared to those in the plains, as I have also noticed that Baguio Delica's for sale are noticeably more expensive than those in Metro Manila. Any Baguio resident buying a Delica who values his life would not spare expenses in conversion quality.

In any case, always bring a skilled mechanic to inspect the car.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ahh~ Baguio ka pala so you need the power. This means 1.6L engines and up. Yung Sentra EX Saloon tulad nung kay tsinelas30 medyo mabibitin ka ng konti sa akyatan, lalo na kung mabigat ang dala. The best sa compact sedans ay kumuha ka ng Sentra Super Saloon na M/T. Midsize sedans are not so desirable due to high fuel consumption, especially with such hilly terrain.

Or if you are willing to be more metikuloso... You can get a Delica. Usong uso nito sa Baguio dahil matibay, malakas humatak at kaya ang off road. Old school turbo diesel pa kaya minimal maintenance cost tapus mura ang fuel costs. I bet the Delica's in Baguio have much, much better conversion quality as compared to those in the plains, as I have also noticed that Baguio Delica's for sale are noticeably more expensive than those in Metro Manila. Any Baguio resident buying a Delica who values his life would not spare expenses in conversion quality.

In any case, always bring a skilled mechanic to inspect the car.
    Salamat po sa response and information Sir GTi

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Ok po ba ito nakita ko sa sulit,1997 MITSUBISHI LANCER PIZZA PIE A/T for 145k?

Yan po image ng unit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat po sa mga suggestions and before naman po yung month na bibili na ako baka mabenta na ito.
    Other questions po is pag tiningnan ko po ba yung unit for checking ok po ba na i test drive na even di pa sure na bibilhin just to know lang if ok ang unti sa performance?
    May kasama po ako kasi mekaniko na pinsan ko at how about legal documents how to check if its all original or not?
    Legalities if the seller po is just reselling only the unit paano po ba transaction nun?
    How about transfer ng name to the new owner ng car if ok na deal?
    Pasensiya na po kasi wala ako idea sa ganyan at this will be my first time to buy a car.
    dapat naman talaga tinetest drive maski hindi pa kukunin eh.
    there are threads here for the transfer of ownership. pa search mo na lang.
    just make sure papers are complete (deed of sale, original OR/CR)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahal ang maintenance and mataas ang fuel consumption ng camry, imho.
    its an executive car.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Huwag bro... I have driven the 2002 version of this car with the same engine, and also in Baguio. Engine is an 88hp 1.5L carb, so it rather lacks punch and then the one I drove already employs a Simota air filter... Suspension of this car is also notorious for giving headaches. I remember with a full load, laging sumasayad yung ginamit ko...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help/Suggestions 120-130k Budget for my first Car