New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    mga bossing pahelp naman. my mom is planning to buy a new car. the thing is, benefit ito mula sa company na kung saan nagwowork mom ko. 60 - 40 hatian, 60% company magbabayad.

now, may list of cars na binigay yung company kung saan kami mamimili ng car na gusto namin. the deadline of submission is on march 15 na.

moving on, 5 kami sa family. tamang built lang so hindi namin kailangan ng SUV or minivans, sedan will do. AT is the ONLY option as my mom wants to learn how to drive din. so from the list, eto yung mga car na pwede samin.

all of these are ATs

-Honda City 1.3S 2012 model (786k)
    -Honda City 1.5E 2012 model (836k)
    -Hyundai Accent 1.4 (708k)
    -Hyundai Accent 1.6 (828k)
    -Kia Rio Sedan 1.4 (718k)
    -Ford Fiesta Trend 6PS sedan (789k)
    -Mazda 2 1.5 sedan (789k)

Ano sa tingin niyo mga sir?

HUYUNDAI ACCENT
    at first go na kami sa hyundai accent e, but after doing some research, malaki pala problema niya with the knocking issue. nasolve na ba as of now sa mga latest unit?

FORD FIESTA
    okay din sana yung Ford Fiesta kaso we are worrying about its space inside e. kasi i was able to get inside one and pansin ko medyo masikip sa likod kahit 3 lang kami nakaupo. though di ko lang sure kung dahil ba sa HB yung nasakyan ko. mas maluwag kaya kapag sedan?

MAZDA 2
    mazda 2 naman is okay sa papers, pero i havent been inside one kaya hindi ko masabi. worry namin dito is yung piyesa kapag may nasira. what do you think?

HONDA CITY
    we're leaning on the the honda city 1.5E as we believe its the safest choice though its the most expensive one.

suggestions mga sir, 1st brand new car namin to kaya medyo nalilito lito pa. main point na hanap namin is yung sedan na may adequate space sana sa backseat and yung madali yung piyesa kapag nasira. sa FC naman, di kami masyado worried kasi may fleet card kami sa Petron na sagot din ng company. though syempre mas maganda pa din kapag matipid.

note: i decided not to include toyota vios sa list kasi me and my parents agreed na hindi namin siya gusto (based sa looks)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewqasdfg View Post
    mga bossing pahelp naman. my mom is planning to buy a new car. the thing is, benefit ito mula sa company na kung saan nagwowork mom ko. 60 - 40 hatian, 60% company magbabayad.

now, may list of cars na binigay yung company kung saan kami mamimili ng car na gusto namin. the deadline of submission is on march 15 na.

moving on, 5 kami sa family. tamang built lang so hindi namin kailangan ng SUV or minivans, sedan will do. AT is the ONLY option as my mom wants to learn how to drive din. so from the list, eto yung mga car na pwede samin.

all of these are ATs

-Honda City 1.3S 2012 model (786k)
    -Honda City 1.5E 2012 model (836k)
    -Hyundai Accent 1.4 (708k)
    -Hyundai Accent 1.6 (828k)
    -Kia Rio Sedan 1.4 (718k)
    -Ford Fiesta Trend 6PS sedan (789k)
    -Mazda 2 1.5 sedan (789k)

Ano sa tingin niyo mga sir?

HUYUNDAI ACCENT
    at first go na kami sa hyundai accent e, but after doing some research, malaki pala problema niya with the knocking issue. nasolve na ba as of now sa mga latest unit?

FORD FIESTA
    okay din sana yung Ford Fiesta kaso we are worrying about its space inside e. kasi i was able to get inside one and pansin ko medyo masikip sa likod kahit 3 lang kami nakaupo. though di ko lang sure kung dahil ba sa HB yung nasakyan ko. mas maluwag kaya kapag sedan?

MAZDA 2
    mazda 2 naman is okay sa papers, pero i havent been inside one kaya hindi ko masabi. worry namin dito is yung piyesa kapag may nasira. what do you think?

HONDA CITY
    we're leaning on the the honda city 1.5E as we believe its the safest choice though its the most expensive one.

suggestions mga sir, 1st brand new car namin to kaya medyo nalilito lito pa. main point na hanap namin is yung sedan na may adequate space sana sa backseat and yung madali yung piyesa kapag nasira. sa FC naman, di kami masyado worried kasi may fleet card kami sa Petron na sagot din ng company. though syempre mas maganda pa din kapag matipid.

note: i decided not to include toyota vios sa list kasi me and my parents agreed na hindi namin siya gusto (based sa looks)
    I will only be picking between the Honda City 1.5E and the Hyundai Accent 1.6GLS Blue, which are the roomiest among your choices and among the top in terms of power too. Why would I be picking the lower trims when I can get the top of the line variants? Only the 1.4GL Accent has the knocking problems, the 1.6GLS does not. Yung Kia Rio OK din, if you are willing to trade the extra power for the striking looks. Even though it has the same 1.4L engine as the knocking Accent, so far I have not heard yet of any complaints about knocking Rio's. And they say that it has much better suspension tuning than the softly sprung Accent.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I will only be picking between the Honda City 1.5E and the Hyundai Accent 1.6GLS Blue, which are the roomiest among your choices and among the top in terms of power too. Why would I be picking the lower trims when I can get the top of the line variants? Only the 1.4GL Accent has the knocking problems, the 1.6GLS does not. Yung Kia Rio OK din, if you are willing to trade the extra power for the striking looks. Even though it has the same 1.4L engine as the knocking Accent, so far I have not heard yet of any complaints about knocking Rio's. And they say that it has much better suspension tuning than the softly sprung Accent.
    so mukhang tama nga choices namin. we havent had the chance to test drive any of these cars yet so nababase palang kami sa mga reviews. sa tingin ko best choice pa din is yung honda city as it has the best resale value. good to hear na walang problema yung 1.6 variant ng accent, so now we can decide na what to buy after test driving those 2 thank you sir

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fiesta and Mazda2 - too small. Seats four adults comfortably, five if you squeeze them tightly together at the back.

City 1.5 - the best choice. Sufficient power when fully loaded. Interior is spacious enough even for five people.

City 1.3 - secondary choice. Engine power is fine with light or medium loads but will feel sluggish and slow with five on board.

If the budget allows, get the City 1.5.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm wondering... why is toyota not on the list?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm wondering... why is toyota not on the list?
    Because you did not read carefully.

Read the original post again.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    City 1.5

You get all the goodies for your mom's additional cash out of only 20K based on my computation.

Mom pays 40%; Cash out -
    City 1.3 = 314,400
    City 1.5 = 334,400

For 20k more, you get:
    200cc engine displacement
    paddle shifters
    new rims
    better interior sidings/trim
    side mirror turn signals
    foglamps

worth waaaaaaay more than the additional 20k your family will be spending

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    City 1.5E & Accent 1.6L Blue lang ang choice ko dito. About the same lang ang room cabin space ng dalawa at ang cargo trunk. Not yet seen the uplifted Honda city but the about 840K price is quite a deal breaker to me. Hula ko parehas lang ang performance ng uplifted 1.5E city sa previous 2009 model which we have so I know how this car performed. Ang 1.6L Blue accent naman ay may alternator management for enhance fuel economy, the same engine use to 1.6L Elantra MT. I believe fuel consumption between city & accent is about the same.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    City 1.5E & Accent 1.6L Blue lang ang choice ko dito. About the same lang ang room cabin space ng dalawa at ang cargo trunk. Not yet seen the uplifted Honda city but the about 840K price is quite a deal breaker to me. Hula ko parehas lang ang performance ng uplifted 1.5E city sa previous 2009 model which we have so I know how this car performed. Ang 1.6L Blue accent naman ay may alternator management for enhance fuel economy, the same engine use to 1.6L Elantra MT. I believe fuel consumption between city & accent is about the same.
    Just curious, yung Hyundai Blue technology ba is similar to the Eco function dun sa bagong Civic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP! need opinions on which car to buy.