New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    #1
    Hi guys! Magpapalit nko ng unit but only 2nd hand.. Im trying to figure out which one is best? Mazda3 2009 or Honda civic 2009 fd? Considering fuel efficiency and handling.. Also the price as well.. Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my CPH1729 using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,989
    #2
    Kung FC sa FD. Kung handling, sa 3.

    Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,579
    #3
    Biased ako sa Honda, I'd choose the fd any time of the day. Expert advice? let's wait for others. Puro opinion lang ako. Though I heard this 1.8 engine of fd consumes like a 1.6. Pag long drive, I'd rather use the fd kesa sa vios namin. I "feel" na pareho lang gas expense ko sa fd and vios. Kase siguro puro iyak ang makina pag gamit ko vios.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,661
    #4
    Mag honda ka na. Abundant parts

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,788
    #5
    Id go with the Civic FD, specially the 2.0L model.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,579
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Id go with the Civic FD, specially the 2.0L model.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tsk. Totga ko ito. Hirap maghanap nuon ng 2.0 na Manual. Was there such thing?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,788
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Tsk. Totga ko ito. Hirap maghanap nuon ng 2.0 na Manual. Was there such thing?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    A Civic FD 2.0MT is quite rare on the used market. From 2006-2008, only 200 were released locally. With the FD refresh from 2009-2011, no more 2.0MT was offered due to low sales.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,579
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A Civic FD 2.0MT is quite rare on the used market. From 2006-2008, only 200 were released locally. With the FD refresh from 2009-2011, no more 2.0MT was offered due to low sales.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh so that's the story. Elusive pala sya talaga.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,788
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Oh so that's the story. Elusive pala sya talaga.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Its as elusuve as a 6th gen Accord F23 5MT. Hehehe

    If you want a good handling compact car with a powerful yet thrifty engine paired with an MT tranny, go look for a 2007-2008 Ford Focus HB 2.0L TDCi (turbo diesel) MT. Parts may be a problem but this platform is shared with the Mazda3 and Volvo C30.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jknights444 View Post
    Hi guys! Magpapalit nko ng unit but only 2nd hand.. Im trying to figure out which one is best? Mazda3 2009 or Honda civic 2009 fd? Considering fuel efficiency and handling.. Also the price as well.. Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my CPH1729 using Tapatalk
    You can buy already 2.0 Mazda3 BK first gen if your budget is for 2009 Honda Civic FD 1.8 due to resale value hindi sila parehas. Heres my 2011 Mazda3 but sold only at 300k because nobody wants to get it at higher price. This is the only thing I dont like about Mazda pag gusto mo na ibenta youll end-up selling it low price para mabenta lang.

    Orangevirus tuned.
    K&N intake.
    Hotpipes headers.
    Front & rear strut bar.
    NOS.
    Tein coilovers.

    But now I ended up buying new Civic FC last year so I sold her na but it is a good car especially mine since it is well kept & properly maintained.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Help need expert advice!  Mazda 3 or Honda FD