New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rodracing View Post
    Dhisky,
    Was in you're situation 10years ago and got myself a bnew MT CRV (10 seater). If you really want an automatic, I highly discourage you to get a CRV. masyado malakas sa gas yung AT, nasa 5-6km/L lang feedback dun. On my MT unit, i get 7-9km/L (city driving), around 10 kung meron kasama highway. Unusual na napakalaki ng consumption difference ng manual and AT versions, must be dahil medyo under powered especially on low revs.

If I was to choose among you're list, i would go still go for a CRV pero manual, very good buy for the prices they are going. Its still the most fuel efficient 2.0L engine on that list. Things to look out for is the aircon compressor (weakness for this generation of CRV), I replaced it a couple of times, by this time the shocks are worn, PS pump might be leaking, engine supports and hoses need to be replaced.

roadracing thanks!

I said on my first post that FC is not an issue pero kung lumalaklak naman ng gas eh ibang usapan na.

By the way, we have increase our budget to 500k(Bank finance ko na lang kalahati). I'm decided na CUV and automatic talaga para mas mataas at madaling idrive for a re-beginner like me.

I'm looking now at 2009 ford escape.. any feedback? any issue on this model?

ano pa ma ssuggest nyo?

Thank You!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Huwag ka kukuha ng 2.0Liter kung escape......lakas sa gas at underpowered pa...
    Meron kami team mate, binenta nya FD nya dahil baby's on the way at pinalitan ng Hyunda Tucson (before the new gen) Hindi sya nagsisi.
    Panalo sa power at diesel pa!
    Last edited by Gecko Guy; December 21st, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    roadracing thanks!

I said on my first post that FC is not an issue pero kung lumalaklak naman ng gas eh ibang usapan na.

By the way, we have increase our budget to 500k(Bank finance ko na lang kalahati). I'm decided na CUV and automatic talaga para mas mataas at madaling idrive for a re-beginner like me.

I'm looking now at 2009 ford escape.. any feedback? any issue on this model?

ano pa ma ssuggest nyo?

Thank You!
    Ford Escape is ok... Just don't expect too much in terms of fuel efficiency. Very good car, in all other aspects. Decent performance, though the old 4AT transmission is nowhere near as responsive or intelligent as Honda's 5 speed boxes. We had a 2003 Escape and currently have a 2006 Tribute. Suspension bits are very sturdy. I think most, if not all, of the Tribute's suspension has ever been changed yet. Driving it yields a very solid feel, like you're driving a tank, even to the closing of the heavy doors.

You may also want to consider the 3rd gen CRV. It uses the more fuel efficient R20 engine has compared to the older K20 on the 2nd gen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ford Escape is ok... Just don't expect too much in terms of fuel efficiency. Very good car, in all other aspects. Decent performance, though the old 4AT transmission is nowhere near as responsive or intelligent as Honda's 5 speed boxes. We had a 2003 Escape and currently have a 2006 Tribute. Suspension bits are very sturdy. I think most, if not all, of the Tribute's suspension has ever been changed yet. Driving it yields a very solid feel, like you're driving a tank, even to the closing of the heavy doors.

You may also want to consider the 3rd gen CRV. It uses the more fuel efficient R20 engine has compared to the older K20 on the 2nd gen.

Thanks GTi!

Will you consider it (escape) for a beginner?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks GTi!

Will you consider it (escape) for a beginner?
    Why yes, of course. Its dimensions (length and width) are similar to a typical compact sedan, shorter even. Absence of a protruding trunk means less tantya tantya when backing up. High ride height gives a good view of the road ahead. Steering is very light too, so no complaints about the car being "mabigat" to drive will be heard. It has the standard safety features like airbags and ABS. Brakes bite really well with this car. Don't be too confident when crossing floods with this car though. It's air intake is positioned quite low. Our previous '03 Escape once stalled because it was driven rapidly through flood and water entered the intake.

Now since you are looking at 2nd hand cars, beware of flooded units and units with dubious paperwork.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Thank again GTi.

Medyo na ttemp din ako sa City.

Anong generation ba yung may issue sa automatic transmission?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Get a Tucson

8. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Get a Tucson
    Lahat ba ng year model ng first gen walang issue? Wifey wants a tucson now I'm confused.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Lahat ba ng year model ng first gen walang issue? Wifey wants a tucson now I'm confused.
    2nd gen bro yung may problema sa CVT. Tucson is OK as long as you get the diesel, perform maintenance regularly, and load up with clean fuel.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Thanks GTi!

Ask ko lang, bakit ang baba ng resale value ng accent?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast