New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I'm a "car guy"

the seating position, the ergonomics and the handling.

Hence, voting for the Corolla Altis.

Note: I didn't check the specs of the Altis... But a car without the following in 2022 is definitely a no-go for me.
    -reverse camera
    -reverse sensor
    -CarPlay
    -DRL
    Thank you sir for your advice. My car choices have all of the items you mentioned.
    Mazda just updated the features of 2022 Mazda 2.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Not really a car guy but I do have Same sentiments/requirements. I'll just add a bigger cabin for my 7ft imaginary height and brake assist.

Those mazda3 and mazda2 are so small inside
    Cabin space is not really an issue to me for now. But I'll consider din. Pag isipan ko rin kung kakailanganin ko ba talaga siya in my future roadtrips. Thank you sir

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Our T32 X-trail's JATCO CVT still works like new with 106,000 km on it. My neighbor's much older T31 X-trail with 180k+ km on it still has no signs of slippage.

Maybe those with CVT failures have never seen a CVT fluid change?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
    Thank you sir for your advice. My car choices have all of the items you mentioned.
    Mazda just updated the features of 2022 Mazda 2.

Cabin space is not really an issue to me for now. But I'll consider din. Pag isipan ko rin kung kakailanganin ko ba talaga siya in my future roadtrips. Thank you sir
    Test drive bro. 1week effort of fun lol. It's a million peso purchase. Feel the engine vibrate on all of them. Imagine getting stuck in edsa for 3hrs.

About the cabin size, I prefer the civic front seats over the Honda city's. Black interiors are boring.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Test drive from a Toyota dealer? Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Our T32 X-trail's JATCO CVT still works like new with 106,000 km on it. My neighbor's much older T31 X-trail with 180k+ km on it still has no signs of slippage.

Maybe those with CVT failures have never seen a CVT fluid change?
    That's good to hear. Again referencing Scotty Kilmer from one of his videos, Nissan has the worst CVT daw.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Test drive bro. 1week effort of fun lol. It's a million peso purchase. Feel the engine vibrate on all of them. Imagine getting stuck in edsa for 3hrs.

About the cabin size, I prefer the civic front seats over the Honda city's. Black interiors are boring.
    Yes sir. Now that I got your feedbacks, I'll do that on 1st or 2nd quarter of 2022.
    Sana may maka imbento ng driving simulator imitating the car's ride and the roads para hindi na kailangan lumabas lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Test drive from a Toyota dealer? Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you mind sharing your experience sir?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Would you mind sharing your experience sir?
    let me share my experience.
    the one and only time i went for a test-drive, was when i was contemplating the wigo.
    and i did not test-drive the casa's demo car.
    i test-drove the wigo of one of the casa people.
    highs.

a few years ago, casa had an appropriately-marked demo innova, parked at the door.
    but it had since disappeared since covid.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Bro you can message the hundreds of sales agents on fb if their dealership have test units. Also ask if you can schedule ahead of time.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    That's good to hear. Again referencing Scotty Kilmer from one of his videos, Nissan has the worst CVT daw.
    I wouldn't really consider the words that are coming out of Scotty's as the be all, end all. Take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, if you ever decide to go Mazda 2, I'd suggest the hatchback. You won't believe how versatile the cargo space is. One time I've loaded a set of rims in a hatchback, try doing that with a sedan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

Anyway, if you ever decide to go Mazda 2, I'd suggest the hatchback. You won't believe how versatile the cargo space is. One time I've loaded a set of rims in a hatchback, try doing that with a sedan.
    but a sedan probably offers more passenger protection, in the case of a bad rear-ender.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but a sedan probably offers more passenger protection, in the case of a bad rear-ender.
    Dalawa lang naman daw sila most of the time. But that's true.
    In my personal experience though, I've used the cargo space of a hatchback more than the times I've been rear ended (which is zero).
    Side collisions though, that's a different story.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast