New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Asking for your opinions to help me choose my first car to buy next year (2022) kapag nag back to office na.

Background lang tungkol sakin, I've been driving for more than 7 yrs, I think. Fortuner m/t, Prado m/t, and Ranger m/t madalas kong idrive. Only driven a sedan once noong may long drive kami ng barkada ko gamit kotse niya. Baka may other inputs kayo regarding sa kotse na sanay akong idrive...

Usual drive routes will be from QC to bgc/taguig/makati/ortigas/eastwood kung saan usual office ng mga IT companies.

This will be my first owned/bought car. I will be daily driving it, also pang out of town during long weekends. Usually me and gf lang ang sakay. Not yet planning for a family.

My car choices are:
    1. 2022 Mazda 2 - considering this because of slightly higher ground clearance than the altis. 152mm ground celarance. "fun to drive" as said by all car reviewers. Overpriced ba? Kasi parang sakto lang para sa 5 year free PMS and additional features ng 2022 model. I've been longing in driving a mazda car. Php 1.95m

2. Corolla Altis 1.6 G or V CVT - reviews for the new TNGA platform are all great. The V variant's price is already close from the Mazda 2. toyota badge for reliability. Ang pinaka concern ko lang dito is yung ground clearance na 140mm. Php 1.130m - Php 1.215m

3. Corolla Cross 1.8 G CVT - I think this is the best choice, a crossover with 163mm ground clearance. Kulang nga lang daw sa features sabi ng ilan. Php 1.285m

The max budget I can go for is the price of the Corolla Cross. Baka nagtataka kayo na why not just go for the corolla cross kung may budget naman. Gusto ko sana makuha yung best value for the price depende sa nashare kong details, and also practicality. Planning to use the car long term so reliability is a must.

Yun lang, apologies for the long post. Let me hear your thoughts

Sent from my HD1900 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
    Asking for your opinions to help me choose my first car to buy next year (2022) kapag nag back to office na.

Background lang tungkol sakin, I've been driving for more than 7 yrs, I think. Fortuner m/t, Prado m/t, and Ranger m/t madalas kong idrive. Only driven a sedan once noong may long drive kami ng barkada ko gamit kotse niya. Baka may other inputs kayo regarding sa kotse na sanay akong idrive...

Usual drive routes will be from QC to bgc/taguig/makati/ortigas/eastwood kung saan usual office ng mga IT companies.

This will be my first owned/bought car. I will be daily driving it, also pang out of town during long weekends. Usually me and gf lang ang sakay. Not yet planning for a family.

My car choices are:
    1. 2022 Mazda 2 - considering this because of slightly higher ground clearance than the altis. 152mm ground celarance. "fun to drive" as said by all car reviewers. Overpriced ba? Kasi parang sakto lang para sa 5 year free PMS and additional features ng 2022 model. I've been longing in driving a mazda car. Php 1.95m

2. Corolla Altis 1.6 G or V CVT - reviews for the new TNGA platform are all great. The V variant's price is already close from the Mazda 2. toyota badge for reliability. Ang pinaka concern ko lang dito is yung ground clearance na 140mm. Php 1.130m - Php 1.215m

3. Corolla Cross 1.8 G CVT - I think this is the best choice, a crossover with 163mm ground clearance. Kulang nga lang daw sa features sabi ng ilan. Php 1.285m

The max budget I can go for is the price of the Corolla Cross. Baka nagtataka kayo na why not just go for the corolla cross kung may budget naman. Gusto ko sana makuha yung best value for the price depende sa nashare kong details, and also practicality. Planning to use the car long term so reliability is a must.

Yun lang, apologies for the long post. Let me hear your thoughts

152 - 140 = 12 mm difference in ground clearance. that's a shade less than half an inch. that's the diameter of our little pinky.
    i do not think that amount will amount to much of a difference, in general driving.

but if ground clearance is a big issue for you,
    go corolla cross.
    read the reviews, po.
    a reviewer says the cross is too expensive for what the car offers. not many toys, daw.

test-drive the vehicles, po.
    get the more comfortable drive.

good luck.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Out of those choices, corolla cross is the winner. Most practical because of the bigger space and versatile cargo space. It's also pretty rare for a Toyota, meaning hindi pa nakaka umay tignan.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung compact sedan, get a Civic and be done with it. Decent interior space coupled with decent handling.

If opting for a crossover, I suggest you stretch your budget a bit and aim for the likes of a CX5 or Forester. For the smaller crossovers, the Geely Coolray and Ford Territory are solid options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Subcompacts, like the 2DJ Hatch we have, are a good 2nd car. We got it coz we needed a smaller 1 for heavy traffic use. The 2: Easy, fun drive, tuneable & very reliable. Non-CVT means lesser care, no ticking timebomb & better for longterm ownership. It's my go-to over the larger vehicles we have if I don't need to haul stuff or passengers. If Mazda manners are on top of your wishlist, the slightly larger & taller option would be the CX3. 2liter Skyactiv w/o iStop. Even more fun than the 2, but priced above your budget. Check offers as its about to be cancelled. And....Yojin5 means nothing out of pocket for maintenance the 1st 5years.
    Another good nonCVT small car that can get you anywhere is the Jimny. A real 4x4. I'd put this atop those 3 on your list. Just don't expect it to be economical. And the mods, if you're into them, will be constant temptations.[emoji4]
    For a lone car, more space would be more practical. Cost-per-cubic-meter-wise, they'd give you more bang4buck.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    How about the chinese crossovers? Geely or MG? If you are looking for value for money, performance, features, etc...those have it in spades and are within your budget. Also they have large dealership networks already so service should be okay.

Or the city 5 door hatch?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    How about the chinese crossovers? Geely or MG? If you are looking for value for money, performance, features, etc...those have it in spades and are within your budget. Also they have large dealership networks already so service should be okay.

Or the city 5 door hatch?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    But....
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
    Planning to use the car long term so reliability is a must.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    come to think of it,
    are there already long-term reviews of the china cars?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Long term, just get a Toyota ... Corolla Cross ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Long term, just get a Toyota ... Corolla Cross ...
    Ticking time bomb daw yung CVT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast