New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    Toyota RAV4. very nimble. my wife drives an older model but she likes it a lot...
    Malakas din ata fuel consumption ng rav4?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by O_buyer View Post
    Hi! First off, sorry, this might be a bit off topic but it seems my account is unable to post in other parts of the forum. Anyway, I currently have a 2010 Civic, but I am planning on purchasing a new vehicle in the next 6 months. I need suggestions with regards to what to get. I'm looking at getting a crossover or a small-ish SUV that will primarily be used for city driving but it may be used for an occasional long drive. I don't really want a large SUV like the Chevy Trailblazer or the Nissan Terra. I've already had the chance to drive a Trailblazer and it feels far too big for city driving.

Can anyone give me suggestions based on experience and the criteria below?

1. Good to Great Fuel Economy / Consumption (Gas is getting pretty expensive, and I'm often stuck in traffic. It would be great if you can share your experience and a bit of data.)
    2. Stable and feels solid. (I've been driving a Civic since I started, would love to have the same stable feeling.)
    3. Great After Sales and Affordable PMS (I've been wondering about getting a Tucson but I hear terrible things about HARI. Ugh)

Models I'm no longer considering: Forester (family already owns one), HRV (Kind of feels like a step down from my Civic), Nissan Juke (Because it's too trendy. LOL)

Thank you!

p.s. Forgot to mention that I'm a female driver. Lol. I dunno if it's important but yeah. And I don't mind a 7 seater but 5 is okay given that the vehicle is for my personal use (and my little sister who might borrow it from me from time to time).
    Welcome to the forum!

Easily, I think the CRV diesel fits your needs perfectly.

1. It's very fuel efficient (9-11 km/L in city driving, over 15 km/L in highway driving) plus diesel is much cheaper than gasoline. A big plus is that for city driving, the diesel feels very torquey and actually feels peppier than the gas engine at low speeds.

2. I also have a Civic (2017) and I can tell you that my CRV is far more comfortable and feels very solid even with the awful roads we have in the metro. I would go as far as saying that it's the most comfortable car you can buy for under 2M.

3. PMS has been surprisingly affordable for our Hondas. I had the impression that it had expensive PMS, but my Civic is actually cheaper to maintain than my previous Toyota Altis. This is because Honda only requires maintenance every 10,000 km vs Toyota's 5,000 km interval.

You mentioned that cheaper CUVs feel like a step down, and I agree. The HRV feels nowhere as premium as the CRV, and cheaper options like the Juke and Vitara feel even more low-rent.

You also mentioned that you want a car that doesn't feel bulky to drive. In all honesty, the CRV drives like a taller, softer, more comfortable Civic - so it's very nimble for its size. It has the same interior space as a bigger SUV like a Montero or MUX but is much easier to drive around the narrow roads of the metro.

Good luck with the car shopping!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by O_buyer View Post
    Oh, I'd love to hear a comparison between the two.
    CX5 is a great car if you like driving corners fast. But it's certainly not as comfortable as a CRV. I think for 99% of SUV buyers, comfort over EDSA's potholes matters more than how quickly a car can be driven on a race track.

Also, the CX5 diesel is way too expensive at 2.2M. The 1.8M CRV already has a long list of features plus it's much more spacious.

The CX5 looks very good upfront but the rear looks very plain and awkward to me. The CRV isn't as stunning but is also less polarizing.

Ultimately, I find the CX5 to be the better-handling car but the CRV is the better all-rounder.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What's the working budget for this new ride?

If you want something different, you can consider the FXT. It looks boxy and unassuming but it's one fun vehicle to drive.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    What's the working budget for this new ride?

If you want something different, you can consider the FXT. It looks boxy and unassuming but it's one fun vehicle to drive.
    Models I'm no longer considering: Forester (family already owns one)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shame on me for a shameless plug. Hehehehe

Seriously, if you want a no-nonsense reliable and fuel efficient multi-purpose vehicle, I guess you can never be wrong with an Innova. That is the case if you think you can deal with its looks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Seriously, if you want a no-nonsense reliable and fuel efficient multi-purpose vehicle, I guess you can never be wrong with an Innova. That is the case if you think you can deal with its looks.
    you can always claim, "awto ni dikong. pinahiram sakin."

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017

I observed these things happen. And I said myself, "I'll make sure to read thoroughly to be on topic" and often times I'll make an off topic comment. Just now about that Mazda 6...

That's why we have moderators! And some members who are kind enough to point it out.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015

My next vehicle will be a pickup..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    My next vehicle will be a pickup..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    conquest o raptor bro 🤩

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast