New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Hi! First off, sorry, this might be a bit off topic but it seems my account is unable to post in other parts of the forum. Anyway, I currently have a 2010 Civic, but I am planning on purchasing a new vehicle in the next 6 months. I need suggestions with regards to what to get. I'm looking at getting a crossover or a small-ish SUV that will primarily be used for city driving but it may be used for an occasional long drive. I don't really want a large SUV like the Chevy Trailblazer or the Nissan Terra. I've already had the chance to drive a Trailblazer and it feels far too big for city driving.

Can anyone give me suggestions based on experience and the criteria below?

1. Good to Great Fuel Economy / Consumption (Gas is getting pretty expensive, and I'm often stuck in traffic. It would be great if you can share your experience and a bit of data.)
    2. Stable and feels solid. (I've been driving a Civic since I started, would love to have the same stable feeling.)
    3. Great After Sales and Affordable PMS (I've been wondering about getting a Tucson but I hear terrible things about HARI. Ugh)

Models I'm no longer considering: Forester (family already owns one), HRV (Kind of feels like a step down from my Civic), Nissan Juke (Because it's too trendy. LOL)

Thank you!

p.s. Forgot to mention that I'm a female driver. Lol. I dunno if it's important but yeah. And I don't mind a 7 seater but 5 is okay given that the vehicle is for my personal use (and my little sister who might borrow it from me from time to time).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by O_buyer View Post
    Hi! First off, sorry, this might be a bit off topic but it seems my account is unable to post in other parts of the forum. Anyway, I currently have a 2010 Civic, but I am planning on purchasing a new vehicle in the next 6 months. I need suggestions with regards to what to get. I'm looking at getting a crossover or a small-ish SUV that will primarily be used for city driving but it may be used for an occasional long drive. I don't really want a large SUV like the Chevy Trailblazer or the Nissan Terra. I've already had the chance to drive a Trailblazer and it feels far too big for city driving.

Can anyone give me suggestions based on experience and the criteria below?

1. Good to Great Fuel Economy / Consumption (Gas is getting pretty expensive, and I'm often stuck in traffic. It would be great if you can share your experience and a bit of data.)
    2. Stable and feels solid. (I've been driving a Civic since I started, would love to have the same stable feeling.)
    3. Great After Sales and Affordable PMS (I've been wondering about getting a Tucson but I hear terrible things about HARI. Ugh)

Models I'm no longer considering: Forester (family already owns one), HRV (Kind of feels like a step down from my Civic), Nissan Juke (Because it's too trendy. LOL)

Thank you!
    test drive these 3:

cr-v diesel.
    everest with epas. huge discount
    montero is small. huge discount

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    add these to your list:

mazda Cx-5 - diesel model for fuel efficiency but the gas model is also quite frugal. it has Yojin free maintenance for 3 years yata.
    Subaru XV - it has a big discount right now.
    Nissan X-trail - 7 seats
    VW tiguan- gas model, solid feel.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    add these to your list:

mazda Cx-5 - diesel model for fuel efficiency but the gas model is also quite frugal. it has Yojin free maintenance for 3 years yata.
    Nissan X-trail - 7 seats
    xtrail fails his #1 concern... he didnt mention 7seats

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about a diesel wagon? VW is still selling its remaining inventory of the Golf GTS wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    test drive these 3:

cr-v diesel.
    everest with epas. huge discount
    montero is small. huge discount

Thank you for these suggestions! Will go check these out!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    add these to your list:

Nissan X-trail - 7 seats
    Thank you for these suggestions.

I haven't checked the Cx-5. I'll look it up! How is the after sales of Mazda? I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with their services thus the hesitation.

With regards to the XV. How is the fuel economy with regards to city driving? My Dad's not a big fan of the Forester with regards to fuel consumption.

I was actually at the Nissan showroom in BGC yesterday. And the X-trail seems interesting but i've heard that it isn't very fuel efficient?

VW Tiguan - yes, I've been looking at this one. I'm a little intimidated with the after sales though. But will definitely drop by a showroom to test drive.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about a diesel wagon? VW is still selling its remaining inventory of the Golf GTS wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be perfectly honest, I have not considered the Golf. But will check it out when I check the Tiguan!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    xtrail fails his #1 concern... he didnt mention 7seats

Yes, I read about the not so great feedback on the fuel consumption... I don't mind the 7 seats, although I don't have much need for it to be honest.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Toyota RAV4. very nimble. my wife drives an older model but she likes it a lot...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast