New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What do you need the Forester for? at 1.5M, all you're getting is the 2.0 version which looks very base model and is quite bare compared to the competition. IMHO it's either the CR-V or the Tucson. And I'd pick the Tucson particularly because it's more value for money, drives better, and looks more attractive. The 2.0 GLS is really, really, really good value for money if you ask me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    with that budget and from the list of models you showed, just being on the practical side, get an SUV, you'd be better off with a Honda CRV 2.0 (better mileage, meets your day to day needs) with sufficient power and excellent ride, comfort, quality and has a good re-sale value. CAn't say on the services, this is mostly depending on the specific casa or car dealer you do business with.

Either that or get a Ford Escape XLT 4x2 as you won't really need the 4x4 variant. It's reliable and similar to the CRV handles like a car although not the most elegant and stylish among the SUVs, its more muscular in looks and rigidly sleek and way cheaper as well. it has more power compared to the CRV 2.0 variant, Escape is default at 2.3L

If you have more dough, get a subaru forrester, higher end CRV, CX-7 or consider probably a Sta Fe/Tucson if it meets your taste.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport Hatchback, or Honda Jazz 1.5V Helios Yellow.

Girl ka po diba?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I don't think kaya ng Fiesta ang drum set, so I'd go for the Jazz.

I think lalaki sya sir SG.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Masyado nga pala maliit ang Fiesta S. hehehe

Honda CR-V or Tucson GLS 4x2 nalang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What do you need the Forester for? at 1.5M, all you're getting is the 2.0 version which looks very base model and is quite bare compared to the competition. IMHO it's either the CR-V or the Tucson. And I'd pick the Tucson particularly because it's more value for money, drives better, and looks more attractive. The 2.0 GLS is really, really, really good value for money if you ask me.
    Hindi ba ganun kaganda ang base model ng forester sir? Para sa akin sa feel ko lang, masnakakalamang ang Tucson but marami ngang nagsasabi na sobrang haba daw ng pila ng orders. Ouch! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by B_3ff3ct View Post
    with that budget and from the list of models you showed, just being on the practical side, get an SUV, you'd be better off with a Honda CRV 2.0 (better mileage, meets your day to day needs) with sufficient power and excellent ride, comfort, quality and has a good re-sale value. CAn't say on the services, this is mostly depending on the specific casa or car dealer you do business with.

Either that or get a Ford Escape XLT 4x2 as you won't really need the 4x4 variant. It's reliable and similar to the CRV handles like a car although not the most elegant and stylish among the SUVs, its more muscular in looks and rigidly sleek and way cheaper as well. it has more power compared to the CRV 2.0 variant, Escape is default at 2.3L

If you have more dough, get a subaru forrester, higher end CRV, CX-7 or consider probably a Sta Fe/Tucson if it meets your taste.

Good luck!
    Yup, maybe small/compact cars should be removed from my options so ang choices ko na lang specifically are all SUV's (CRV, FORESTER, TUCSON, KIA SPORTAGE or SANTA FE)

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport Hatchback, or Honda Jazz 1.5V Helios Yellow.

Girl ka po diba?
    Nope, I'm a guy sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    I don't think kaya ng Fiesta ang drum set, so I'd go for the Jazz.

I think lalaki sya sir SG.
    Yup lalaki nga sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Masyado nga pala maliit ang Fiesta S. hehehe

Honda CR-V or Tucson GLS 4x2 nalang.
    Dagdag ko lang sa options (SUBARU Forester, Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sportage)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kia Sportage as in the upcoming model? Might be worth wait? Pero I am quite scared about its price...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    At 1.4M the Forester isn't really much of a bargain. But it's got a pretty good feature set. Though it uses much more gas than the similar 2.0 GLS Tucson and CR-V. And what really, really bugs me is that they've made it look to be a base model. It's probably a personal thing, but those black door handles really, really turn me off. And the 16" rims look to small.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I agree. Black door handles and side mirrors for a P1.4M car??? Subaru you can do better!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arvie1 View Post
    Good day sirs/maams! I'm just a newbie here and we're planning to buy another car which my father prefers to be a brand new one. Hindi naman sa mahangin but because it will be their gift for me coz' I passed the Nursing Board Exam and got and 80% average.

Our first car is a Toyota Fortuner 2.5 A/T which they bought brand new and which I also learned to drive.

So their budget for me is not more than 1.2M, and I think they will pay it installment.

Here are my choices for that budget:
    CHEVROLET CRUZE
    FORD ESCAPE
    FORD FOCUS

HONDA CITY
    HONDA CR-V
    HONDA CIVIC
    HONDA JAZZ

HYUNDAI TUCSON

KIA SOUL
    MAZDA 2
    MAZDA 3

(PLEASE HELP ME IN TERMS OF):
    -APPEARANCE
    -COMFORT
    -PERFORMANCE
    -VALUE
    -RELIABILITY

Hoping for your opinions/ suggestions! Thanks TSIKOT PHILIPPINES in ADVANCE!
    Hi Arvie1,

Forgive me for being frank but you're a typical youngster na di pa alam ano ang gusto. Pero since you want to listen to people's experience it makes you a better youngster. Anyway here is my take on this:

You don't need another SUV may Fortuner na kayo eh. Kung kailangan mo ng malaki hiramin mo Fortuner nyo. Ang importante yong usual use mo. Kung hospital at ibang self errands mo lang get a Jazz. It is sleek, uso, at reliable being a Honda (meron kasi ako Civic 10 years na ayos pa rin). Pero kahit ano pa ang gusto mo better stick to a sedan, not an SUV. For a young guy like you mas maganda dalhin ang sedan kaysa SUV. Mas matanda ka tingnan kung naka SUV ka. Pag pang barkada dapat kotse talaga - personal ang dating, kumbaga sayo talaga yon. Kung SUV dala mo parang hiram lang sa magulang mo. Mark my words, ganyan din ako dati.

Kung makapili kana ng two options, research mo sa mga blogs basahin mo advantages and dis-advantages. Test drive mo for final testing then decide from there. The car should answer your needs or will fit the use you want.

(In the course of doing this and you decide to level up to a BMW then on your budget you can buy a good 2005 2nd hand 3 series. Iba pag BMW alam mo na siguro yan. Or if you can wait for 5 more years at dagdagan mo budget mo to buy a brand new one then it is the best. Believe me I waited for 3 years in order to buy my new BMW and now it is a sweet and heavenly feeling. But I bet my BMW - that you cannot wait for 5 more years, di ba??? So for now, make the most of what you have and consider our opinions.

I hope this helps. Again forgive my harsh words, if there's any.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Help in buying a new car!