New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Good day sirs/maams! I'm just a newbie here and we're planning to buy another car which my father prefers to be a brand new one. Hindi naman sa mahangin but because it will be their gift for me coz' I passed the Nursing Board Exam and got and 80% average.

Our first car is a Toyota Fortuner 2.5 A/T which they bought brand new and which I also learned to drive.

So their budget for me is not more than 1.2M, and I think they will pay it installment.

Here are my choices for that budget:
    CHEVROLET CRUZE
    FORD ESCAPE
    FORD FOCUS

HONDA CITY
    HONDA CR-V
    HONDA CIVIC
    HONDA JAZZ

HYUNDAI TUCSON

KIA SOUL
    MAZDA 2
    MAZDA 3

(PLEASE HELP ME IN TERMS OF):
    -APPEARANCE
    -COMFORT
    -PERFORMANCE
    -VALUE
    -RELIABILITY

Hoping for your opinions/ suggestions! Thanks TSIKOT PHILIPPINES in ADVANCE!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Your choices are all different animals.

What will you be using the car for? Also, will you be paying for the gas and the maintenance? This should slim that list down.xD

Typically, people choose a subcompact (or a diesel vehicle) for cheap maintenance and excellent Fuel Economy. If they need space, they go for a compact like the Cruze, Civic, or Mazda 3. If they need even bigger space, an SUV fits the bill.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're using the car as a personal car and want a keeper, buy the Honda Jazz. Roomy, comfortable and very useful for a young person just starting to work.

Within your budget, the most brand new metal you can get for your money is the CR-V. Huge back seat, large cargo area, good fuel econoy for a crossover. The Tucson is also worth a look, it rides and drives better than the CR-V and has decent space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    for me;

Cruze, Focus, Tucson.

actually if you are not a keeper (will sell the car within 5 years of use) then buy any of the Honda in the list you stated above because of their ridiculous high resale value.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For P1.2M for me it will be the Tucson... Pinaka sulit sa price tag na yan...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thejonchoi View Post
    Your choices are all different animals.

What will you be using the car for? Also, will you be paying for the gas and the maintenance? This should slim that list down.xD

Typically, people choose a subcompact (or a diesel vehicle) for cheap maintenance and excellent Fuel Economy. If they need space, they go for a compact like the Cruze, Civic, or Mazda 3. If they need even bigger space, an SUV fits the bill.
    Sir, ill be using it going to hospital where I will be volunteering, tapos pag may lakad, mga nursing conferences, forums or discussions, trainings, which is within the city din. Then occassionally pumupunta kami ng province together with tropa na nakiki-joyride.

Sa mga choices ko, wala atang gas na A/T? haha! Sa gas no problem for me, sa maintenance siguro as long as volunteer pa lang ako, sila erpat muna bahala. LOL!

Minsan naman dinadala ko drum set ko sa province to jam with my cousins, so need ko din ang magandang cargo space.

THANKS sa reply sir!

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're using the car as a personal car and want a keeper, buy the Honda Jazz. Roomy, comfortable and very useful for a young person just starting to work.

Within your budget, the most brand new metal you can get for your money is the CR-V. Huge back seat, large cargo area, good fuel econoy for a crossover. The Tucson is also worth a look, it rides and drives better than the CR-V and has decent space.
    Yup, ill be using it as my personal car sir, hindi pa rin talaga ako makadecide what to buy e. Hehe! Nagandahan lang ako sa mga jazz na nakikita ko sa NLEX na nakasetup ang rims, HANEP! talaga e, kaya sinama ko sa mga options ko. hehe!

Si ermat naman crossover SUV's talaga ang type, between CR-V, TUCSON and ESCAPE ano kaya? Si ermat kasi bossing siya nagmamanage ng budget e, baka siya ang masunod. LOL!

Thanks sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    for me;

Cruze, Focus, Tucson.

actually if you are not a keeper (will sell the car within 5 years of use) then buy any of the Honda in the list you stated above because of their ridiculous high resale value.
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    For P1.2M for me it will be the Tucson... Pinaka sulit sa price tag na yan...
    Maybe I will be a keeper when it comes to automobile, then if God permits na makapunta ko abroad after makagain ng experience dito, ill be a collector. Haha! Hirap talaga pumili pag isa lang sir, tapos hindi pa ako ganoon kaalam sa mga auto.

Thanks sir!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My choice... from your options (and your current status)

Honda Jazz 1.5L A/T

Seats five people.

Fuel efficient.

Great exterior styling.

Spacious interior for passengers.

Cargo space can be massively increased by folding down flat the rear seats.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My choice... from your options (and your current status)

Honda Jazz 1.5L A/T

Seats five people.

Fuel efficient.

Great exterior styling.

Spacious interior for passengers.

Cargo space can be massively increased by folding down flat the rear seats.
    THANKS for helping me sir! I'll finalize my options in to two according sa majority ng suggestions here, one week before we buy.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arvie1 View Post
    THANKS for helping me sir! I'll finalize my options in to two according sa majority ng suggestions here, one week before we buy.
    Don't let us decide for you, though... take our advice into consideration, but remember, you'll be the one driving the vehicle, living with it and taking care of it... even if we all like it here... if you don't, then you won't be happy. ;)

-

If your mom is particular to crossovers, you can take a look at the 2 liter Tucson and CR-V... segment leaders in terms of engine and transmission technology. The CR-V 2.0 is a bit slow in response due to the long gears on the 5-speed automatic, but it's very frugal. The Tucson with the 6-speed AT is more responsive, but the back seat is a bit smaller and the plastics aren't quite as nice. but the base model Tucson rides much better than the CR-V, and it's more fun to drive. (more fun than most compact crossovers in the class)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't let us decide for you, though... take our advice into consideration, but remember, you'll be the one driving the vehicle, living with it and taking care of it... even if we all like it here... if you don't, then you won't be happy. ;)

-

If your mom is particular to crossovers, you can take a look at the 2 liter Tucson and CR-V... segment leaders in terms of engine and transmission technology. The CR-V 2.0 is a bit slow in response due to the long gears on the 5-speed automatic, but it's very frugal. The Tucson with the 6-speed AT is more responsive, but the back seat is a bit smaller and the plastics aren't quite as nice. but the base model Tucson rides much better than the CR-V, and it's more fun to drive. (more fun than most compact crossovers in the class)
    Yes sir, I know that I'll still be the one to decide kung ano ang pipiliin ko among the choices. And yes, for keeps ko na kasi iyon (mark my word, LOL!)

How about kung mapilit ko mom ko na gawing 1.5m ang budget ano kaya ang masmaganda pang option, I think I will include, SUBARU FORESTER.

So in SUV's it would be: CR-V vs. FORESTER vs. TUCSON (add some crossover suv's na okay at sakto sa price range ko mga sir/maam)

THANKS for the reply sir!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Help in buying a new car!