New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi All,

I've been asking opinions for almost 1 month na rin..I'm pushing myself to have a final decision until tomorrow, ayaw ko na tumagal pa

I'm choosing between

Honda City 1.3S M/T - 731k
    and
    Toyota Altis 1.6G M/T (facelift version) - 858K

I know this isn't an apple to apple comparison, it's more like a Fuel efficient car against a mid-sized sedan.

I was actually leaning more towards the City but I got a text from toyota that they're having their year end promo which give the altis a 40k disc if you reserve a unit until dec 12. Which made the price difference between the two cars went down to 87k.

As for the purpose;

The car will be used everyday from bahay to work (15-30mins away)
    and some occasions / gimiks. Mostly city driving here in metro manila

Personal Comparisons:

For City 1.3S M/T:

Pros: Fuel Efficient
    Better interior than the mid grade altis G
    Cheaper :D

For Altis 1.6G M/T:

Pros: Bigger engine / more power
    Exterior looks better (for me)
    Better Suspension / More Comfortable

will the additional perks that altis can give worthy enough to extend the budget? or should i just spend the extra money to something else and get the city instead?

Malaki ba talaga difference sa fuel consumption ng 1.3 and 1.6 given na 1-2 passengers lang and mostly for city driving lang?

Need you opinions/advise baka meron pwede ma i-add.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Seij11 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been asking opinions for almost 1 month na rin..I'm pushing myself to have a final decision until tomorrow, ayaw ko na tumagal pa

I'm choosing between

Honda City 1.3S M/T - 731k
    and
    Toyota Altis 1.6G M/T (facelift version) - 858K

I know this isn't an apple to apple comparison, it's more like a Fuel efficient car against a mid-sized sedan.

I was actually leaning more towards the City but I got a text from toyota that they're having their year end promo which give the altis a 40k disc if you reserve a unit until dec 12. Which made the price difference between the two cars went down to 87k.

As for the purpose;

The car will be used everyday from bahay to work (15-30mins away)
    and some occasions / gimiks. Mostly city driving here in metro manila

Personal Comparisons:

For City 1.3S M/T:

Pros: Fuel Efficient
    Better interior than the mid grade altis G
    Cheaper :D

For Altis 1.6G M/T:

Pros: Bigger engine / more power
    Exterior looks better (for me)
    Better Suspension / More Comfortable

will the additional perks that altis can give worthy enough to extend the budget? or should i just spend the extra money to something else and get the city instead?

Malaki ba talaga difference sa fuel consumption ng 1.3 and 1.6 given na 1-2 passengers lang and mostly for city driving lang?

Need you opinions/advise baka meron pwede ma i-add.
    Dun ka nalang sa Altis kapag ganun. Ang layo ng dalawa in terms of engine power. Fuel efficient naman ang Altis especially now that it has the 7 speed automatic as well as a power upgrade (from 109hp to 120hp). How much is your budget? Para naman maimaximize natin ito, tingnan natin ang ibang kotse sa price range. The Altis is quite pricey kasi for a 1.6 liter compact sedan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    * Boss GTI

Budget is until 900k kasama na insurance / LTO etc.. and yes the new altis has 6 speed manual ren.. pero worried talaga ako sa fuel consumption nya dito sa metro.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I`ll go for the Altis. Bigger and more comfortable. And I guess, much more practical. Plus, the design is also fresher compared to that of the City's design. ;)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Eh pag ganun bat mo tinitingnan ang 1.3 na City? Honda Civic 1.8V M/T is at 868k, its fuel efficient and powerful as well. 1.6 liter engines in compact sedans are quite strained due to the weight of the vehicle which doesn't help the fuel efficiency at all. The 1.8 liter, meanwhile, has more than enough power to move the vehicle at a relaxed pace and so actually gives better FC, especially the M/T version. And if you've noticed, its only 10k more than the Altis...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Eh pag ganun bat mo tinitingnan ang 1.3 na City? Honda Civic 1.8V M/T is at 868k, its fuel efficient and powerful as well. 1.6 liter engines in compact sedans are quite strained due to the weight of the vehicle which doesn't help the fuel efficiency at all. The 1.8 liter, meanwhile, has more than enough power to move the vehicle at a relaxed pace and so actually gives better FC, especially the M/T version. And if you've noticed, its only 10k more than the Altis...
    I drive a civic 1.8V, and yep it really is fuel efficient. I get 11km/l mixed driving with usual hataw. ;) Though if given the chance, I would wholeheartedly exchange my FD to a newer altis. Why ? Simple ...

- On the 1.6G Altis, much more features are offered.
    - Ride is more plush. The Civic's ride is stiff.
    - Seats are softer making it more comfortable. The Civic's are hard but tolerable.
    - Design is old and there are lots of them already in the road ... nakakasawa na kumbaga.
    - Toyota's maintenance is much cheaper.

and lastly ...

- The Altis' clutch is more softer than the Civic's whose clutch is somewhat " makunat ".

THOUGH, if ever i`ll do that which I think will not happen I will surely miss the power that the FD gives. Konting tapak, vroom na ... :thumbup:

;)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    nakukulangan kasi ako sa feature ng lowest grade na civic, out of the budget naman yun civic M/T S ..

thanks sa opinions GTi and renzo

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    6 speed manual na ang MMC Altis.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    6 speed manual na ang MMC Altis.
    what do you mean by MMC sir?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mid model change=facelifted.