New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hello everyone,

I need help on choosing a second hand cars. my budget is low and I found a lot of used cars at s u l i t

My choices are:

1. Nissan LEC
    2. Mitsubishi Lancer
    3. Toyota Corolla
    4. Mazda 323

Could anyone help me to choose?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are mechanically inclined (i.e., mahilig magbutingting ng kotse) and at least posses above basic knowledge of auto mechanical and electrical systems, i suggest the corolla, 323, lancer, in that order (simplest to more complicated to repair). at sana may mga tools ka na. o kaya naman ay meron kang kaibigang mekaniko na nadadaan sa inuman lang. madami pa naman pyesa ng mga yan sa banawe, new or surplus. di ko na i-suggest ang lec kasi malakas lumec-lec ng gas kung bago, mas malakas lalo lumec-lec ng gas pag luma.

pag wala kang basic knowledge sa kotse, i would not suggest any of those. in fact not any car. why? kasi dun sa price range na sinabi mo na may nakita ka sa sulit (60k) definitely ex-taxi unit mga yun, with over 1 million kilometers mileage already. for sale na kasi expired na franchise. sirain na mga yun sir, sakit lang ng ulo mahahanap mo.

just giving you my honest opinion. sana maganda ang dating sa iyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Yebo thanks sa advice.

so mas complicated pala ang lancer compare sa corolla? may nakita kasi akong galant or lancer na type ko. may unti akong nalalaman kaso vios ang oto namin at sa parents ko yun kaya gusto ko bumili ng sarili ko kaso maliit lang budget ko.

yung mga box type kaya okay pa?

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    if you are mechanically inclined (i.e., mahilig magbutingting ng kotse) and at least posses above basic knowledge of auto mechanical and electrical systems, i suggest the corolla, 323, lancer, in that order (simplest to more complicated to repair). at sana may mga tools ka na. o kaya naman ay meron kang kaibigang mekaniko na nadadaan sa inuman lang. madami pa naman pyesa ng mga yan sa banawe, new or surplus. di ko na i-suggest ang lec kasi malakas lumec-lec ng gas kung bago, mas malakas lalo lumec-lec ng gas pag luma.

pag wala kang basic knowledge sa kotse, i would not suggest any of those. in fact not any car. why? kasi dun sa price range na sinabi mo na may nakita ka sa sulit (60k) definitely ex-taxi unit mga yun, with over 1 million kilometers mileage already. for sale na kasi expired na franchise. sirain na mga yun sir, sakit lang ng ulo mahahanap mo.

just giving you my honest opinion. sana maganda ang dating sa iyo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok yung box type na lancer kasi very basic engine yun. problema dun since 1980s pa ay kalawang sa body.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "complicated" is relative.
    if you know next to nothing about cars, then any car is complicated for you.
    with your budget, i can almost guarantee that you will have to spend good money to make your ride roadworthy. and with older cars, the problem many times is not the price of the parts, but the availability of these parts.
    with this in mind, i will recommend a car that, though old, will still have many, and (relatively) easily sourced, parts around. among your choices, that will probably be the toyota. and because of its extreme popularity, knowledgeable mechanics will probably not be too difficult to find..
    yes, all the cars in your list are not really that old and still have many parts around, but i prefer to tinker with the most plentiful model..
    when i was younger and wanted a car, because of my limited budget, i tended to buy the cheapest car.. but thru the years, i have learned that the more expensive car does (for me) tend to have less headaches afterward. and that the cheapest car ends up as costing more because i had to spend a lot more afterward.. so now, i choose among the more expensive cars..

btw, why not the kia pride?
    box lancer? medyo humihirap na parts niyan.. esp. body parts and lights..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can assure you that any of those cars going for just 60k will need at least 5-10k of repairs within the first week, and 20k more within the first six months.

With a 60k budget, buy a 40k car and keep the rest as contingency.

A non-taxi Pride is a good idea. spare parts cost a lot less than for compact cars, and upfront price is cheap. And since the Pride is a 90's car, stores still stock parts for it.
    Last edited by niky; October 21st, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    corolla kana lang bro pasok sa budget mo...mura na pyesa..
    dipa matakaw sa gas...

hindi pa nawawala sa uso basta maganda ang pagkaka pintura :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thanks sa mga inputs nyo guys.

Looks like i'll go with Corolla small body. pero sa totoo lang type na type ko ang lancer singkit

Tingnan ko rin ang kia pride, sana may makita ako na okay pa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggler View Post
    Hello everyone,

I need help on choosing a second hand cars. my budget is low and I found a lot of used cars at s u l i t

My choices are:

1. Nissan LEC
    2. Mitsubishi Lancer
    3. Toyota Corolla
    4. Mazda 323

Could anyone help me to choose?

thanks
    have you tried looking in ayosdito.ph? baka mas maraming cars don na good sa budget mo

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I'm also looking for similar 2nd hand old model cars 40k-80k budget. Preferably fuel-efficient and cheap repairs/parts.

1. Toyota Corolla (than Corona/Crown)
    2. Kia Pride (manipis nga lang)
    3. Mitsubishi Lancer (than Galant)
    4. Beetle (cute but costs 110k restored)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
[HELP] 60K Budget for a second hand cars need advice.