New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi, I am trying to sell my car but I have problems with the documents.

History:
    Guy1 is the original owner of the car and he sold it to lady1 through open deed of sale. The documents are only OR/CR and a photocopy of his TEMPORARY DRIVER'S LICENSE id. There is a deed of sale document made and a lawyer signed it.

Guy2 then bought it from lady1 acquiring all the documents. He got a deed of sale document from lady1 with her signature on and 3 ids of her.

I bought the car from Guy2 and I acquired ALL the documents.

Now I am planning to sell this but MY BUYER tells me that he needs 2 IDs of GUY1 since he is the original owner. What happens if I can't contact guy1 anymore? What if I can't contact lady1 anymore too?

I talked with guy2 and he said ready for transfer na daw yung car ownership sa buyer ko. No need na daw kasi open deed of sale noong binenta kay lady1 at sa kanya. Sana po malinaw ito and matulungan niyo ako.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    try mo search sa Facebook.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Guy1 is the original owner of the car and he sold it to lady1 through open deed of sale. The documents are only OR/CR and a photocopy of his TEMPORARY DRIVER'S LICENSE id. There is a deed of sale document made and a lawyer signed it.
    hmm, paano nagkaroon ng signature ng lawyer ang open deed of sale? in order to notarize the deed of sale, dapat signed ito ng SELLER and BUYER.

Now I am planning to sell this but MY BUYER tells me that he needs 2 IDs of GUY1 since he is the original owner. What happens if I can't contact guy1 anymore? What if I can't contact lady1 anymore too?
    i assume na hindi ka ng-change ownership. yung CR mo is still under Guy1's name, tama?

your BUYER needs all previous Deed of Sales and ID of Guy1 (who's name is on the CR) para ma-transfer nya ownership ng sasakyan.
    Last edited by red_one; June 21st, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ID of the last registered owner is needed.

That is why always be wary of buying vehicles from owners whom you either do not know, have not met, or don't have the supporting documents (original or photocopy) like valid and up to date IDs

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    hmm, paano nagkaroon ng signature ng lawyer ang open deed of sale? in order to notarize the deed of sale, dapat signed ito ng SELLER and BUYER.
    Sorry mali ako ng pagkasabi. Yes po signed iyon ng Buyer and seller PLUS lawyer sooo.. I carefully inspected the document and it's like parang FAILED transfer of ownership siya. Closed deed of sale pala po yung "Deed of Sale" document na ginawa yun nga lang hindi nailipat sa pangalan ni LADY1 yung ownership.

That is why always be wary of buying vehicles from owners whom you either do not know, have not met, or don't have the supporting documents (original or photocopy) like valid and up to date IDs
    LESSON LEARNED! hay.. so kanino pong ID? sa original owner which is GUY1?

Kahit sinong magrehistro po kasi ng sasakyan eh nakapangalan pa rin kay GUY1. Ako nagparehistro ng sasakyan and nakita ko si GUY1 pa rin ang owner ng car. Parang malaki yung problemang haharapin ko. Si GUY1 nga po pala based sa ID ay 1931, which means more or less 83 years old na! Paano po kaya ito?

Ano po kayang next kong gagawin dito?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    so kanino pong ID? sa original owner which is GUY1?
    nasagot na ito sa taas. ID ng person na nasa CR. in this case, Guy1.

Kahit sinong magrehistro po kasi ng sasakyan eh nakapangalan pa rin kay GUY1. Ako nagparehistro ng sasakyan and nakita ko si GUY1 pa rin ang owner ng car.
    kasi nga wala sa mga previous buyers (including you) ang nag-transfer ng ownership. yung old CR pa rin ang gamit nyo tuwing mag-register kayo.

next time na bibili ka ng car, ipa-transfer ownership mo sa name mo para iwas hassle. bibigyan ka ng LTO ng new CR with your name on it. kapag nag-renew ka ng registration, name mo na ang makikita mo sa OR.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kung di mo talaga makita o makontak yung original owner, I pa "magic" mo na lang ang pagtransfer, if you know what I mean. Tanong tanong ka sa mga kaibigan mo, etc., I'm sure may makokontak kang magician. Remember, this is da Pilipins, anything is possible. Bulag nga nakakakuha ng Driver's License sa LTO eh. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    kung walang problema yung registration or records ng sasakyan, you can transfer the car sa pangalan mo, kahit alisin mo na yung mga previous buyers, and even di mo na macontact yung orginal seller.

And you need the ID, of the original owner also.

Sa totoo lang, sakit ng ulo yan hehhee... Kasi kung gagamitin mo pa yung unang documents, sa 2nd owner talaga na close yung deed of sale.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi12345 View Post
    Sorry mali ako ng pagkasabi. Yes po signed iyon ng Buyer and seller PLUS lawyer sooo.. I carefully inspected the document and it's like parang FAILED transfer of ownership siya. Closed deed of sale pala po yung "Deed of Sale" document na ginawa yun nga lang hindi nailipat sa pangalan ni LADY1 yung ownership.
    So it was notarized, but the lady buyer ( 1st buyer ) failed to transfer the title due to some problems? If that is the case, then check with the LTO office where the CR was first issued, ask the custodian for advice, papayuhan ka naman nila. Since close na yung 1st deed, you need a deed of sale from the lady to the suceeding buyers in order to consumate the transaction.

Before, we bought a car with an open deed with only 1 id of the original owner, but during transfer nagkaroon ng problema because iba ang signature ng 1st owner from the mortgage papers, so the LTO ask us to find the 1st owner which we couldn't do, they just asked us to execute an affidavit stating that we tried locating the 1st owner but failed to located him/her before they issued a new CR and OR to us. Btw, LTO North Dist. Office po ito - Tayuman.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    So it was notarized, but the lady buyer ( 1st buyer ) failed to transfer the title due to some problems? If that is the case, then check with the LTO office where the CR was first issued, ask the custodian for advice, papayuhan ka naman nila. Since close na yung 1st deed, you need a deed of sale from the lady to the suceeding buyers in order to consumate the transaction.

Before, we bought a car with an open deed with only 1 id of the original owner, but during transfer nagkaroon ng problema because iba ang signature ng 1st owner from the mortgage papers, so the LTO ask us to find the 1st owner which we couldn't do, they just asked us to execute an affidavit stating that we tried locating the 1st owner but failed to located him/her before they issued a new CR and OR to us. Btw, LTO North Dist. Office po ito - Tayuman.

Susme.... Tayuman

Wala nang problema dyan. Bulag nga nakakuha nang license dyan e.

Wala ka nang magagawa kailangan mo kumausap sa loob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast