New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Hi planning to upgrade from Honda CRV 99 (realtime 4x4) to the following current models available in the market , i have no experinece in regards with maintenance of Diesel Engine, i want to have it because of the good stories i heard about diesel engines mileage (km/L) ang ayaw ko lang yung Noise & Vibration. I already tried to drive Ford Everest 2013 & Toyota Fortuner 2013 ok naman ang ride and handling so ewan lang natin dito sa All New Ford Everest. I'm planning to buy this coming July.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally I'd be a little iffy on the Everest especially with the notorious turbo and transmissions with the current Ranger.

Both the Fortuner and Montero have proven themselves with many years in the market, with the Montero being the more modern of the two. Both are outgoing models, it's up to you whether that is a good thing (reliability, abundance of parts, good deals) or not (ageing platform, fast becoming a late model).

If you're going for the TOTL 4x4 A/T variants, don't expect too much in terms of km/L, though you do get to fill up with fuel that is cheaper by P10/L. Maintenance cost isn't that much more expensive. You'd have to use at least semi synthetic motor oil at almost twice the volume dispensed in a typical gas engine and be religious with your oil changes if you want the car to last long without headaches.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Personally I'd be a little iffy on the Everest especially with the notorious turbo and transmissions with the current Ranger.

Both the Fortuner and Montero have proven themselves with many years in the market, with the Montero being the more modern of the two. Both are outgoing models, it's up to you whether that is a good thing (reliability, abundance of parts, good deals) or not (ageing platform, fast becoming a late model).

If you're going for the TOTL 4x4 A/T variants, don't expect too much in terms of km/L, though you do get to fill up with fuel that is cheaper by P10/L. Maintenance cost isn't that much more expensive. You'd have to use at least semi synthetic motor oil at almost twice the volume dispensed in a typical gas engine and be religious with your oil changes if you want the car to last long without headaches.
    I'd go for the All New Everest, been driving the All new Ranger for almost 2 years now.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    My vote goes to Everest too, but pardon Norelco for hijacking your thread. Somehow related din naman sa Eve. Are the specs difference of the titanium against the Trend justifies the 100K price gap?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Are the specs difference of the titanium against the Trend justifies the 100K price gap?
    Posted the detailed specs difference in the 2015 Everest thread.

6. Join Date
    May 2015
    Thanks for valuable insight mga bossing.. * Jiggs based on my understanding almost similar yung Trend & Titanium, the difference is yung 20" Rims ng Titanium & 18" naman sa Trend. Meron na kasi akong GO signal ng Bossing ko for current Fortuner G variant. My only worry it will becoming a late model after a couple months, just like Sir GTi said. that is true and i agree on that.. Then the itch will come in again.

7. Join Date
    May 2015
    Mukhang worth it naman yung 100K price difference for additional some features ng Trend & Titanium ng Everest

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Ok thanks imho. Sa wheels & Rim pa nga Lang worth 100K na yun��. Just wanna get others opinion before we decide if Trend or Titanium.

Agree ko dun sa Fort within a few months, you'll be looking at the new Fort. And siempre the feeling of if I could have waited Lang sana��. at least sa Eve. Matagal pa yan ulit mag full change ng model.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok thanks imho. Sa wheels & Rim pa nga Lang worth 100K na yun😉. Just wanna get others opinion before we decide if Trend or Titanium.

Agree ko dun sa Fort within a few months, you'll be looking at the new Fort. And siempre the feeling of if I could have waited Lang sana😀. at least sa Eve. Matagal pa yan ulit mag full change ng model.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I've read it before in their respective threads by can't recall now. When are the confirmed launches for the Fortuner and Montero full model changes?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    I've read it before in their respective threads by can't recall now. When are the confirmed launches for the Fortuner and Montero full model changes?
    not sure but I have not seen an all new montero, but you can checkout the all new strada which perhaps will be the basis for the all new montero.

I have not seen the full model change for the fort as well, i'd go for the everest though one thing that I don't like with the eve is the resale value it seems pinoy has this mentality that when its ford its gotta be expensive to maintain and also for the parts which is totally not true, even fortuner and montero parts and casa maintenance is expensive.

I hope pinoys would change their perception with Ford vehicles.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast