New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,772
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Ok sana ecoboost pero ang mahal. Compact sedan price na.
    Much like the VX (880k) and VX+ (970k) models of the City.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,008
    #12
    The Ecoboost has all the features of a TOTL compact (except HID and leather), and even has the same performance as a 2.0, for a much cheaper price.

    Yun nga lang, it's so much more cramped than the current crop of compact sedans, and Ford's dual-clutch is really risky. Plus, no matter the features or performance or handling, it's still a subcompact and still does not get the same respect as a compact.

    A good second car, but if you only had one car and it had to be a sub-1M, a compact is a better option.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,219
    #13
    Guys iba ba yung ecomode sa ecoboost? It says on the brochure that it has ecomode though I'm not sure kung it yung ecoboost?

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,772
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Guys iba ba yung ecomode sa ecoboost? It says on the brochure that it has ecomode though I'm not sure kung it yung ecoboost?
    Ecoboost is the turbo engine technology of Ford. The Fiesta Ecoboost uses a 1.0L turbo engine in place of the standard 1.5L naturally-aspirated engine of the other Fiesta models.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    435
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ecoboost is the turbo engine technology of Ford. The Fiesta Ecoboost uses a 1.0L turbo engine in place of the standard 1.5L naturally-aspirated engine of the other Fiesta models.
    Parang ecoboost is hardware (turbo) ecomode is software (via ecu) tama ba?

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,772
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by smuiv View Post
    Parang ecoboost is hardware (turbo) ecomode is software (via ecu) tama ba?
    Yep, parang ganun nga. Yung ecomode is an electronic setting within your car that allows it to optimize fuel efficiency.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    435
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yep, parang ganun nga. Yung ecomode is an electronic setting within your car that allows it to optimize fuel efficiency.
    Kaya mas mahal ang 1.0 Ford Ecoboost kasi may turbo o additional hardware.

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    65
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Much like the VX (880k) and VX+ (970k) models of the City.
    Not much with the vx.. Prang bumili klng ng TOTL ng vios which is 860k.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,772
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mrklouis View Post
    Not much with the vx.. Prang bumili klng ng TOTL ng vios which is 860k.
    With the exception of the City VX+, most TOTL sub-compacts are priced between 830k to 900k. As they say, it all boils down to preference.

    Vios 1.5G - 862k
    City VX - 890k
    Fiesta 1.5L - 868k
    Fiesta Ecoboost - 898k
    Accent 1.6L - 858k
    Accent CRDi AT - 868k
    Rio HB - 865k
    Sonic - 839k
    Almera - 830k

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,008
    #20
    The Jazz is a whopping 918k though.

    To be fair, there's still about a 100k gap between these TOTL subcompacts and mid-range compacts. But in the case of the City which is an expensive subcompact and the Altis G, which is a competitively priced compact, the gap is just 45k, even smaller after discounts.

    Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic since the TS is looking for midrange subcompacts. In which case I'd suggest the City E or the Vios E.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Ford Fiesta 1.5 Trend PS vs Honda City 1.5 E CVT