New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    2 times na ko sumuong sa baha using honda city 2009, both that time eh parang humihina or bumabagal ang city sa baha. Parang hihinto kahit floored ko na yung gas. Did it once with a vios pero hindi ganun na bumabagal. Anong mababa sa city ang mataas sa vios at ganun sila sa baha? Radiator ba? Fan?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    it would be nice if one body assembler could make a copy of the kubelwagen.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kube...%3B2560%3B1920

this was designed to run through mud, flood and dirt

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Legend has it an Everest was abandoned in a river a few years back during a media drive... they went back after the flood, drained it and started it up and drove it away.

RAV5 (former member here) had both an Everest and a Ranger TDCi (the common rail ones, not the prehistoric W-engined ones)... Ondoy'd. Roof lever for three days. After cleaning, both started up. Only thing is, they were underwater so long the instrument panels wouldn't work, and the electronics in the automatic transmission (the Eve, I think) had to be fixed. But the ECU is almost completely water-tight.

I've seen Rangers ford near hood-deep water, no problem. That's about chest deep on most people. We once got stuck in a riverbed rut during a shoot for a Ford Off-road supplement... water up to the window sills while we were trying to dig out (only the bed was so soft, we started digging in... which was why the water got that high). Took several minutes to get out... we sitting in one place so long water started leaking through the door seals. Only damage was a soggy carpet and my ruined leather sandals. I'm still using those sandals, and that test unit is still doing the media rounds.
    Just.. Wow! Did they have customizations or just stock? Snorkel?

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Toyota avanza - knee deep in mandaluyong. Buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon. No replacements except maintenance parts. Anyone with exp using everest, montero, fort?
    Not fort but a 3.0 Hilux, chest deep. No choice but to forge the flood rather than leaving it there and wait until the whole of it became submerged.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Had to drive during Bagyong Mario. Passed through thigh level flood at East Ave entering through Elliptical road before reaching Heart Center. Revo diesel ang gamit. I only crossed after seeing a CX5 do so without problems. Saludo ako sa kanya!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Had to drive during Bagyong Mario. Passed through thigh level flood at East Ave entering through Elliptical road before reaching Heart Center. Revo diesel ang gamit. I only crossed after seeing a CX5 do so without problems. Saludo ako sa kanya!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    baka naman taga-doon siya at kabisado na niya ang mga tubig doon..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Just.. Wow! Did they have customizations or just stock? Snorkel?
    All stock. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a lot of folks said that Ford Ranger / Everest (the old models) has a good flood wading capability...

for me... lubog ang gulong / above bumper water in Cainta using the old but reliable Nissan Terrano.... no choice at the time since we were stuck slowly traversing on traffic on a very slow pace and the water just got deeper by the minute... I already engaged 4H just in case and to ensure I got a traction on all 4 wheels.... lucky that in front of me was a truck (Elf) and a G-liner bus.. we just follow them slithering to avoid some cars who stalled already..

Nowadays it is good to have a high clearance vehicle even if you are just working in Makati... a couple of days ago, good thing that my wifey use the SUV instead of the other car... she was stuck in traffic somewhere in buendia, and the water goes up more than half of our Terrano's tire... they got home with no problem at all... just lower fuel gauge...

Actually we are thinking of buying another car/sedan but now thinking of buying a higher clearance vehicle...

our neighbour got a 2 year old Altis.. twice already he has to remove the carpet of his car due to breach of water and he don't even want to traverse to flooded street... he just happens to be stucked on traffic during heavy rainfall.....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I wouldn't wade thru flood. Nope.

Lots of horror stories, wheels falling into uncovered manholes, etc., etc.

Unless its a Unimog I'm driving ........

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    your vehicle might survive the flood, you might survive the flood but will all the diseases nowadays, you will never know what is in the flood water. ebola? aids? tuberculosis? lots of biohazards you don't know that are not visible with your naked eyes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Flood wading capability will again be one of the criteria for many car buyers, now th