New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hello. First time buyer so I'm not familiar with the various brands and models and so the pros and cons of each. I'm looking to buy something with a bit more room than a sedan would provide so I'm looking at the SUV/MPV/AUV segment.

Budget is around 1M after financing so I'm left with the following choices, along with my comments (as well as my friends' comments, which are usually about the negative aspects of the car)

1. Hyundai Tucson - Big car, great looks. I have not heard so much about this car, other than what I have found so far on this forum.
    2. Mitsubishi Fuzion - Looks roomy and is a step up from the Adventure but it seemed not to have clicked in the Philippines so it worries me that there might be something wrong with it that I have not read about
    3. Toyota Innova - It's pretty popular. So much so that your car would blend in with those which serve as shuttle services and taxis. On the plus side, parts would certainly not be a problem.
    4. Mitsubishi Adventure Sport GLS - Was actually the first choice but then considering the other drivers who would be female, decided to check A/T models. That and the rather dated look which doesn't seem too much changed.
    5. Ford Escape - Looks to be similar to the Tucson but the resale value isn't quite good (although it escapes me why you would consider selling it even before buying it lol )

However, if push comes to shove, I have whittled down my sedan choices:
    1. Honda City
    2. Honda Civic
    3. Toyota Altis
    4. Toyota Vios
    5. Mitsubishi Lancer

Any comments towards selecting the best choice per segment would be appreciated, kind gents and ladies. :D Any worthy additions to the list are welcome, on the off chance that I selected the worst representatives. hahaha

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    how about kia's

1. sportage
    2. carens

read from here

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1 MILLION won't buy you a Kia Sportage or Carens ganun po kataga ang Kia

Sa choices mo siguro either Innova or Tucson ako. Innova can seat more though... Just get the gas version to be 100% confident kasi yung diesel ng Innova medyo hit and miss. For Tucson the diesel is above a mil already so no choice but to get the gas version.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If i were the one to choose i like the Innova .

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sama mo sa choice mo nissan grand livina.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Wish there was a way to compare the choices. Thanks for mentioning the Grand Livina, it's also a car that I have not heard much about. Mahal nung Kia, lagpas lagpasan ng 1M. Hirap talaga pag first time na magiinvest sa sasakyan. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    1. Hyundai Tucson - CRDI technology, a good choice for you.
    2. Mitsubishi Fuzion - No diesel variant and gas guzzler kaya hindi pumatok. Looks like a lancer in front and montero sport at the back too.
    3. Toyota Innova - Just please, get the VVTI variant.
    4. Mitsubishi Adventure Sport GLS - Reliable diesel man or gas ayun lang medyo outdated talaga ang design hehe.
    5. Ford Escape - This is a good vehicle which I think suits you and female drivers on SUV variants.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me, first, ano ang purpose ng car. daily commute, pag hakot, pang out of towns, deliveries, etc.

Than next will be the budget.

3rd, personal preferences

Using these 3, makakagawa na ng short list.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Hyundai Tucson A/T - 988,000
    2. Mitsubishi Fuzion A/T - 950,000
    3. Toyota Innova gas A/T - 978,000
    3. Toyota Innova diesel A/T - 1,033,000
    4. Mitsubishi Adventure Sport GLS - 708,000
    5. Ford Escape - 1,050,000

1. Honda City A/T - 756,000
    2. Honda Civic A/T - 898,000
    3. Toyota Altis A/T - 869,000
    4. Toyota Vios A/T - 795,000
    5. Mitsubishi Lancer A/T - 745,000 (old model)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    With 1m budget and you want more room than a sedan, I think Innova is the best deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
First Time Car Buyer, Help?