New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Between the 2000-2003 Starex(non CRDI) and the local diesel Spacegear, which is cheaper to maintain? Thinking of getting one for the family. The spacegear's size would be okay since we're only 7. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    from a parts market driven perspective, mas mura ang starex. dami piyesa nito, mamili ka pa kung surplus, or brand new (dati nga inalok pa ako ng "japan" made na piyesa eh, rotors yata. japan made pero yung kotse korean made? wtf?). more parts locally = lower cost. parang bigas yan eh, if you flood the market with rice, bababa presyo nito (kaya di pwede ipamigay ng NFA yung pinagsswiminngan nila na rice kase ayaw ng local suppliers malulugi sila... but, i digress....)

para sakin, mas maporma starex.

spacegear, on the other hand, parang makitid. although marami na rin surplus na piyesa ito, there are less spacegears running on the road. so, less spacegears break down, demand is low, suppliers will then provide less parts supply to keep the prices up.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    from a parts market driven perspective, mas mura ang starex. dami piyesa nito, mamili ka pa kung surplus, or brand new (dati nga inalok pa ako ng "japan" made na piyesa eh, rotors yata. japan made pero yung kotse korean made? wtf?). more parts locally = lower cost. parang bigas yan eh, if you flood the market with rice, bababa presyo nito (kaya di pwede ipamigay ng NFA yung pinagsswiminngan nila na rice kase ayaw ng local suppliers malulugi sila... but, i digress....)

para sakin, mas maporma starex.

spacegear, on the other hand, parang makitid. although marami na rin surplus na piyesa ito, there are less spacegears running on the road. so, less spacegears break down, demand is low, suppliers will then provide less parts supply to keep the prices up.

Thanks for the inputs, especially on NFA rice I was thinking kasi na the spacegear pretty much has the same components and underchassis parts as the L300/Adventure/Pajero, pero mukhang hindi ata?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    if you are talking about the local space gear.. then it would be ok.. but if its a converted space gear.. then i would go for the starex..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spacegear (local) versus Starex, i'd go with the Starex.

Starex has more space, more power (as its turbo intercooled versus the turbo, non-intercooled 4d56), has a/t available and its m/t is floor mounted (versus the column stick shift of the Space Gear, and it will have more parts available as it sold in larger numbers.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    naka local space gear ako 4d56t engine ok to for me sarap i drive ang luwag tapos pwede higa lahat ng seats sa likod

malakas sa diesel ang starex

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kailan pa naging malakas sa diesel ang Starex eh pareho lang naman sila ng engine ng Space Gear?

Yung Starex naka Intercooler pa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Starex is a licensed version of the Space Gear (Hyundai licensed a lot of Mitsu vehicles including the GEN I Pajero, Space Gear, L300, etc.) and some non-cosmetic and mechanical parts between the two can interchange.

The diesel engines are also similar. The Starex version does have an intercooler and an A/T version was available.

I'd say it's a close tie.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pleck View Post
    naka local space gear ako 4d56t engine ok to for me sarap i drive ang luwag tapos pwede higa lahat ng seats sa likod

malakas sa diesel ang starex
    kamusta konsumo niyo sa diesel sir?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    kamusta konsumo niyo sa diesel sir?

around 8-9km/1l sir

yun starex ng bayaw ko 5-7

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
cheaper to maintain: Starex or Spacegear?