For me it would be:

1st- Subaru Legacy
    2nd- Camry
    3rd- Accord

+ 1. Subary is kndown for their safety and stability

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Now's my chance to own an executive sedan after a long time of waiting. I plan to use whatever it will be for my family's weekend getaways (including out-of-town trips), special occasions and formal events.

I'm currently torn between these three:

2010 Toyota Camry 3.5
    2010 Honda Accord 3.5
    2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

I've always liked the Camry, and with it's minor face and butt lift, it's still a favorite. The Accord is a good balance of luxury and sportiness, and I like it's interior. The new Legacy, on the other hand, means performance and stability with it's AWD drivetrain.

It will be a one shot deal and I hope to make the right one. I hope to get your inputs!

Thanks!
    My choice would be the Subaru Legacy 2.5T GT wagon. It is like a BMW 5series in terms of luxury, ride and performance but at less than half the price.

The wagon version rides slightly softer than the sedan version during my test drive. The big cargo space would be great for out of town trips. The powerful 2.5T engine makes accelerating to overtake so effortless. The AWD system gives you perfect traction and sure footedness might it be on concrete roads or broken asphalt that no other locally available car in this class can match.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Hi 4agze! That Passat is simply gorgeous! Unfortunately, it's not available here in Manila and I don't think my budget will be enough for it.
    yes sir, they are not avail here, accord is a better choice though i hate honda for being matapobre (experienced it first hand) my brother owns a 08 honda accord and it's luxurious inside...test drive nyo po lahat..ako i don't like to drive my brother's accord nagmumukha ako family driver e hehehe...kaya mas gusto ko mazda 6 kase sporty look di ako mapapagkamalang family driver

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I like the Subaru. Just keep in mind you only have 1 dealer here so parts and service might be a concern.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I like the subbie. So in my preference it would be the first. - though it would be more of the sporty side rather than the executive side. 60:40.

Coming in second would be a PEARL WHITE / GREY Honda Accord 3.5 V6

Then third would be a PEARL WHITE Toyota Camry 3.5 V6.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Subaru Legacy GT

And since you mentioned it'll be a family/weekend car, maybe the Wagon variant would suit your needs more than the sedan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    My Top Three Choices:

1st - Hyundai Genesis Sedan
    2nd - Subaru Legacy GT
    3rd - Toyota Camry

-> If you want comfort above all, i think the Camry will most likely satisfy you.
    -> If you want power (thinking AWD), then the Legacy will do.
    -> If you want balance between every aspect, then the Genesis it is.

Test drive all the choices then decide which one suits your personality and taste best.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    My Top Three Choices:

1st - Hyundai Genesis Sedan
    2nd - Subaru Legacy GT
    3rd - Toyota Camry

-> If you want comfort above all, i think the Camry will most likely satisfy you.
    -> If you want power (thinking AWD), then the Legacy will do.
    -> If you want balance between every aspect, then the Genesis it is.

Test drive all the choices then decide which one suits your personality and taste best.
    The problem is the price difference.

Genesis sedan = P3M
    Camry 3.5l = P2M
    Legacy GT = P2.0M (sedan) ; P2.1M (wagon)

That P1M price gap is not something you can overlook.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^While I can't help but agree with your picks, the Genesis Sedan is undoubtedly a fantastic car, but it's also a shade over 3 million pesos. I think due to that, and its more premium luxury features (which blow away anything the other three can come up with by a wide margin), it shouldn't be classed alongside the three mentioned by the TS, which are all about the same price at 2 million. For what you get for the money though, the Genesis Sedan is definitely tough to beat. If only one can afford the P3M price tag though.

edit: this was in response to LeOxe's post, but didn't hit submit before ghosthunter's, hence the echo you hear.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I was to blow P3M on a car, I might be more inclined to start choosing from other makes, like BMW, Audi and Benz, than with a Korean car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which Executive Sedan