New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eryanjames View Post
    Hello, I really apologize but I can't seem to start a thread of my own and I really need advice on purchasing a 2nd hand car.

Sana po makahingi ako ng immediate advice sa inyo.... I currently own a 2002 Altis and planning to upgrade. The car is used only mostly during weekends (I ride a motorcycle to work) and out of town trips. Usually, kami lang ng wife and kid ko ang nakasakay.

I have 3 cars in mind (pasok sa budget) and I am planning to purchase before the month ends.

1. 2012/2013 Civic 1.8 MT/AT (9th gen) - the reason I like this Civic is ONLY just because it's a Civic. Maporma, 1.8 ung engine, saka parang considered na astig ka pag naka-civic. I'm just worried na mataas ang FC niya kasi nga 1.8 ung displacement. Hindi pa kasi ako nagkaka-Civic before so parang gusto ko i-try man lang. Also, 6-7yrs old na siya pag binili ko copared sa VIOS na 2-3 lang.

2. 2016/2017 Vios MT 1.3E - The only reason I prefer the Vios is because it will just be 2-3 yrs. old when I purchase it. So feeling ko this is the most practical option dahil medyo bago pa and mas matipid sa gas although sabi ng friends ko mahina daw hatak ng 1.3 engine and baka magsisi ako sa huli kung hindi ako kukuha ng civic or altis. Gusto ko din naman ung porma ng Vios kaya lang baka maliit para sa akin dahil sanay ako sa lumang Altis ko.

3. 2014 Altis MT 1.6E (10th gen) [/B]- This one I really like/prefer. Before gusto ko talaga ung Altis G/V 2011/2012 9th Gen but then narealize ko na kaya ko naman isagad ung budget ko for the 2014 10th gen model pero Manual trans nga lang. Gusto ko ung porma ng Altis talaga but napapaisip ako if mas ok ung CIVIC kung hindi rin naman ako mag vi-Vios. Also, alam ko stupid question pero mas OK naman talaga isagad ko na ung budget to purchase the 10th gen Altis than to settle with the Altis G/V 2011/2012 9th Gen diba?

Thanks in advance po for the advice. Again, I'm sorry to ride on this thread.

Forget the Vios 1.3 po if the car will use mostly for out of town. My cousin owns one and according to him, may kalakasan sa gas specially for trips like Baguio. IMHO, I think the Civic/Altis would be a better choice due to engine displacement and better suspension.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eryanjames View Post
    Hello, I really apologize but I can't seem to start a thread of my own and I really need advice on purchasing a 2nd hand car.

Sana po makahingi ako ng immediate advice sa inyo.... I currently own a 2002 Altis and planning to upgrade. The car is used only mostly during weekends (I ride a motorcycle to work) and out of town trips. Usually, kami lang ng wife and kid ko ang nakasakay.

I have 3 cars in mind (pasok sa budget) and I am planning to purchase before the month ends.

1. 2012/2013 Civic 1.8 MT/AT (9th gen) - the reason I like this Civic is ONLY just because it's a Civic. Maporma, 1.8 ung engine, saka parang considered na astig ka pag naka-civic. I'm just worried na mataas ang FC niya kasi nga 1.8 ung displacement. Hindi pa kasi ako nagkaka-Civic before so parang gusto ko i-try man lang. Also, 6-7yrs old na siya pag binili ko copared sa VIOS na 2-3 lang.

2. 2016/2017 Vios MT 1.3E - The only reason I prefer the Vios is because it will just be 2-3 yrs. old when I purchase it. So feeling ko this is the most practical option dahil medyo bago pa and mas matipid sa gas although sabi ng friends ko mahina daw hatak ng 1.3 engine and baka magsisi ako sa huli kung hindi ako kukuha ng civic or altis. Gusto ko din naman ung porma ng Vios kaya lang baka maliit para sa akin dahil sanay ako sa lumang Altis ko.

3. 2014 Altis MT 1.6E (10th gen) [/B]- This one I really like/prefer. Before gusto ko talaga ung Altis G/V 2011/2012 9th Gen but then narealize ko na kaya ko naman isagad ung budget ko for the 2014 10th gen model pero Manual trans nga lang. Gusto ko ung porma ng Altis talaga but napapaisip ako if mas ok ung CIVIC kung hindi rin naman ako mag vi-Vios. Also, alam ko stupid question pero mas OK naman talaga isagad ko na ung budget to purchase the 10th gen Altis than to settle with the Altis G/V 2011/2012 9th Gen diba?

Thanks in advance po for the advice. Again, I'm sorry to ride on this thread.
    You did say that this will be a weekend car, so FC should not be that big of a consideration. With this in mind, performance wise I'd go with the Civic, newest unit you can get for your money.

This generation of Vios has a reputation among the TNVS to have rather mediocre FC despite the small engine, and poor aircon.

I agree with the good doctor that the Altis would be the best choice given your considerations. Size is similar to what you are used to. 1.6 engine would be more fuel efficient than the 1.8 Civic, without being too shabby in the performance department. And I daresay, this model looks better than the rather bland 9th gen Civic.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2019
    You can't go wrong with either Altis or Civic. Choose the one with less parts to fix or replace, and the one with maintenance records. A one-owner car is also a plus.

One thing that I always check when buying a used car is to see if all tires are matching (brand and model), and if they're good quality tires like Michelins, Bridgetones, Coopers etc and not those cheap China tires. IMO, it's a good sign that the owner cares for his/her car and for his safety, therefore the car should be well maintained.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    I will go for RAV 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234