New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
    i suggest you read the respective threads about the tucson and the captiva, since your friend has a tucson i suggest you do a testdrive to get the feel of it, maybe you can also schedule a testdrive of the captiva. it all depends on what you use it for. the new tucson has more power and torque and has the newer design, while the captiva (in my opinion and based from my experience) has a tougher body, it handles well, and can sustain abuse from unpaved and rough roads.

if you plan on maintaining it for a long time, i've got to say the captiva's PMS is expensive but they've gone a long way from the services of before.

just my two cents.
    Thanks Cross16. Sorry di ako marunong mag lagay ng quote and my connection is pretty bad. :-( Yes test drove the Tucson and I liked it a lot. Was just having 2nd thoughts cos of the A/C problem of my friend. Planning to keep it for a very long time so a low maintenance and cheaper maintenance is a must. hehe!

Test drove Captiva too and I also liked it hence, confused. hehe! But after sales service and cheaper maintenance are also very important so ... Tucson then huh? BUT, how does the Kia 5-seater CRDi Sorento compare? Better ba or Tucson pa rin? Sorry kulit ko ... just really thinking this purchase a million times over. hehe! Thanks you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    Thanks Cross16. Sorry di ako marunong mag lagay ng quote and my connection is pretty bad. :-( Yes test drove the Tucson and I liked it a lot. Was just having 2nd thoughts cos of the A/C problem of my friend. Planning to keep it for a very long time so a low maintenance and cheaper maintenance is a must. hehe!

Test drove Captiva too and I also liked it hence, confused. hehe! But after sales service and cheaper maintenance are also very important so ... Tucson then huh? BUT, how does the Kia 5-seater CRDi Sorento compare? Better ba or Tucson pa rin? Sorry kulit ko ... just really thinking this purchase a million times over. hehe! Thanks you!
    test drive ka na lang ng kia sorento so you can personally compare yung vehicles. i think gas variant na lang ang available s 5-seater promo nila. better check with different dealers just to make sure.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Depende. Kasi ang Tucson at Sorento magkaiba ng category...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Captiva = Chevrolet

3rd row = no a/c

weather today = mostly it's blazing hot

.... :um:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post

glad to be of help. question is, do you need 7 seaters and the space? if not, just go for the tucson instead of the captiva or the 5 seater sorento. With regards to after sales service of Chevy, haven't had any problems yet with my casa. I'm experiencing more problems with toyota for my altis.

Better ask all the questions now, before the big purchase than regretting any decision. Since a new choice has been added, weigh your needs and wants and what could give way to one another, then look at your choices again to see what really fits you.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah yes, the Sorento is a very desirable product-if they have units of the CRDi variant that is, AFAIK they only have the gasoline variants as of now, maybe you might find some of them in the gray market!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for me it's sorento (the pre-selling one) then tucson and last is the captiva... their engines are likely to be the same they all have vgt's on their respective engine which is why it's fun to drive these vehicles. kahit ano naman ang piliin mo hindi ka talo e. ang talo lang natin is maintenance. bwahahahah

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Still have yet to finish writing the Tucson review... but hear this:

I have been converted... this is the fastest (as fast as a Focus TDCi), nicest, most incredibly, stupidly, fully-loaded CUV I have ever tested in this price range. And it's pogi, too.

Twin sunroofs, great stereo with a subwoofer (Sorento's bass reproduction is pathetic), 18" mags, keyless, stability control, hill descent control, center diff lock, adaptive suspension, nice leather, power driver's seat... gah... it's wonderful.

Oh... the Sorento has much more space, but unless you have six kids, I think the Tucson will be sorely tempting...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
    glad to be of help. question is, do you need 7 seaters and the space? if not, just go for the tucson instead of the captiva or the 5 seater sorento. With regards to after sales service of Chevy, haven't had any problems yet with my casa. I'm experiencing more problems with toyota for my altis.

Better ask all the questions now, before the big purchase than regretting any decision. Since a new choice has been added, weigh your needs and wants and what could give way to one another, then look at your choices again to see what really fits you.
    Thanks! Really appreciate all the replies! :-)

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sounds great! But that's the top end variant right? It's so expensive

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Still have yet to finish writing the Tucson review... but hear this:

I have been converted... this is the fastest (as fast as a Focus TDCi), nicest, most incredibly, stupidly, fully-loaded CUV I have ever tested in this price range. And it's pogi, too.

Twin sunroofs, great stereo with a subwoofer (Sorento's bass reproduction is pathetic), 18" mags, keyless, stability control, hill descent control, center diff lock, adaptive suspension, nice leather, power driver's seat... gah... it's wonderful.

Oh... the Sorento has much more space, but unless you have six kids, I think the Tucson will be sorely tempting...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Confused:  Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRDi GL 4x4 or Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 CRDi 4x2???