New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Hi! I'm planning to buy my first car (as a college student) and I'm currently looking for a nice daily driver.
    I set my eyes on a Civic EG Hatch and I'm wondering if its still worth to buy one in 2020?

My titos are recommending to buy the Civic FD instead but It's out of my budget of around 150k

Please recommend me any other good cars for daily driving with a budget of around 150k. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Even if you get an EG for 150k, do you have another 50k or so to spend on repairs? You're getting a 24-year old car. It's definitely gonna need repairs. It's even older than you.

If you're looking for a pristine EG hatch, it definitely won't sell for 150k.

I'd suggest to just save more money and get a newer car for around 200-250k.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Even if you get an EG for 150k, do you have another 50k or so to spend on repairs? You're getting a 24-year old car. It's definitely gonna need repairs. It's even older than you.

If you're looking for a pristine EG hatch, it definitely won't sell for 150k.

I'd suggest to just save more money and get a newer car for around 200-250k.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Yung lovelife Corolla Altis 98, 99, 01 goes for peanuts na these days. Swak sa budget mo. Massively reliable (I used to own one) and with proper maintenance will last you until it bores you, or you settle down.

Dami ko nakikita na naka porma nito. Some have EU specced bodywork and slammed 2 inches down, they look great.

Also, yung mga EK mura na rin.

Sa EG you have to change the engine pa to get performance (to D15B last time I checked), from the anemic PH12 stock. EKs come 1.5L and 1.6L na agad, much shorter gap to achieve power.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    EG and EK? Kung di pa.nabody repair yan, malamang may bulutong ng kalawang yan sa bubong. Ubos budget mo agad iparepair yun.

Agree get a corolla or a vios

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    150k? Get a 6th gen Accord (1998-2002). It drives better than the Civic, with a more powerful engine, plus more interior space. Fuel consumption will be more than the Civic 1.6L but you get a more solid car than any compact or subcompact of the same age.

My old daily driver was an Accord 2001 and it served me well for more than 3 years after I arrived home from the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    EG and EK? Kung di pa.nabody repair yan, malamang may bulutong ng kalawang yan sa bubong. Ubos budget mo agad iparepair yun.

Agree get a corolla or a vios

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Roof bows of those cars in those days were spot-welded, not glued, onto the roof sheetmetal. This is the reason why rust shows up even on untouched roofs. The SIRs weren't exempted.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    If you’re a die hard fan of Civic the it’s still worth it. Follow your heart! 😊

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    SiR kaya? Worth pa ba this 2020?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For the price of SiR I think mas ok mag FD na lang, just try to find a manual 2.0S. Or get 1.8 model then swap K24 from Acura (mahal kasi ng K20 Type-R).

Yung EG and EK hatchbacks talaga yung wala nang modern replacement.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SelraBeats View Post
    SiR kaya? Worth pa ba this 2020?
    if i may,

the SIR is a cult car.
    if you are an SIR fan(atic), nothing in the world will stop you from getting one.
    but if you are a practical thinker, getting something newer than that 20+ year old design, is the way to go.

also, there's the asking price. perusing olx, they're asking at least 350K for one!
    for the price of the asking price of the SIR, you can probably get something much newer and requiring less maintenance.

would i get one?
    "only if have money to burn."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 7th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Civic EG Hatchbacks still worth it in 2020?