New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    After months of looking for a car i finally reached the decision in getting a a/t honda civic vti as my first car. Kindly help me choose between the two:

99 honda civic vti sir body 290,000php 69tkm mileage, 1st owned

or

2000 honda civic vti sir body 250,000php 43tkm mileage, 2nd owned, ondoy Flood victim but fixed and running already.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mas maganda kung dun ka na sa 99 honda civic vti sir body 290,000php 69tkm mileage, 1st owned. Just make sure na hindi to ondoy victim and at the same time, check mo ito with a trusted mechanic. yung isa, ok sana kaya lng yung affected by ondoy, spontaneous ang problem.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd choose the '99 Civic given that it was never flooded. I wouldn't mind the extra mileage and cash if it would give me less problems in the future. 69k is relatively low mileage for a 10 year old car. Isn't 10k/yr considered average? This car has an average of only 6.9k/year. It is also first owned.

Have you inspected these cars already? It would be best to bring a person who is knowledgeable in cars to help you out in assessing the condition of the car.

look for others!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hello! thank you for the reply. I inspected the 99 model vti with my trusted mechanic and the only flaw of the car is the thermostat which have indicated that the car might have some overheat problems before but when we asked the owner he denied any such problem. anyways, there are also some minor repairs to be done which he estimated at around 15,000 for engine support/change fluid. suspension are replacements already but it is better to get news once soon after.

i was able to negotiate the price to only 285k. the ondoy car i didnt bother to go anymore.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Look for a new one. Or go get the Corolla lovelife. ;)

honestly, dont trust your trusty mechanic unless ikaw yan...ikaw ang magddrive, mag-oown, gagastos...madami na ako nadinig na "minor" lang..pero pagkabayad mo, ayan na...sunod-sunod na repair..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pachut View Post
    hello! thank you for the reply. I inspected the 99 model vti with my trusted mechanic and the only flaw of the car is the thermostat which have indicated that the car might have some overheat problems before but when we asked the owner he denied any such problem. anyways, there are also some minor repairs to be done which he estimated at around 15,000 for engine support/change fluid. suspension are replacements already but it is better to get news once soon after.

i was able to negotiate the price to only 285k. the ondoy car i didnt bother to go anymore.
    hmmm..... kung ako sayo wag na yan, Hanap ka na lang ng iba. dami pa namang Civic dyan e. hanap ka muna ng isa pa na pwede ipagkumpara

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wouldn't buy an ondoy car to drive, if it was given to me free. it's a ticking time bomb. rust has a way of creeping slowly, causing malfunction months or years after the flooding. but i would get it if it was cheap enough. i intend to sell it as spare parts.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ang tibay naman ng mukha nung si Ondoy victim na Civic. 250k? ewan ko ha, pero kahit brand new na na-Ondoy na maayos na "daw", ayun after a while, lumalabas na ang sakit. what more for a decade old car. kaya nga binebenta na siguro, sakit na sa ulo yan. time ticking bomb nga like dr. d stated.

yung isang civic, ang dami na ring sakit!

go look for another cars!

choose between the two...