New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    ok yung mga check lists, big help to para sa mga gaya ko na first time bumili ng brand new.
    btw, need ur help, what are DO's and DONTS pag bumisita ako ng showroom? am planning to make a visit this month to inquire and reserve na rin sana. ayaw ko lang mag mukhang totally LOST, and ma miss out yung mga key points.

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    research mo muna sa net specs ng unit na gusto mo. then visit the sub forums here para ma check mo the usual freebies and discounts na ibinibigay ng ibat ibang dealers bago ka magpunta sa CASA.

Basta tandaan mo, don't look to eager or too dead set in buying the unit. Represent yourself as someone who could walk away any minute pag hindi satisfactory ang mga alok nila. remember buyer's market ngan-take advantage of that leverage.

3. Join Date
    May 2005

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Check if all the documents are in place. OR/CR, Owner's Manual (and other Manuals if any) and the Warranty Booklet.

Check if the OR and CR match the vehicle delivered to you (i.e. Correct owner's name, motor number, chassis number that matches your car, color, displacement, etc.). Had a bad experience of receiving a CR which did not match the car delivered to me. I only discovered it when it was time to sell the car.

Painful mistake.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    research mo muna sa net specs ng unit na gusto mo. then visit the sub forums here para ma check mo the usual freebies and discounts na ibinibigay ng ibat ibang dealers bago ka magpunta sa CASA.

Basta tandaan mo, don't look to eager or too dead set in buying the unit. Represent yourself as someone who could walk away any minute pag hindi satisfactory ang mga alok nila. remember buyer's market ngan-take advantage of that leverage.
    thanks rst619. i'll consider all your pointers.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    i would like to test drive the unit before i sign the turnover papers, but the SA told me I can't drive it unless I sign... i want to check for noises and kabig... it doesnt make sense, but is this SOP? (Toyota dealer, if it makes a difference)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    i would like to test drive the unit before i sign the turnover papers, but the SA told me I can't drive it unless I sign... i want to check for noises and kabig... i doesnt make sense, but is this SOP? (Toyota dealer, if it makes a difference)
    Ganun din sa TMBC last year nung kunin ko unit. Pina-sign muna ang delivery receipt bago ko nailabas at nai-test drive. Kaya sundan mo na lang previous posts na kailangan i-check bago mo sign ang receipt. Good luck and congrats!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pano if may mga maingay? Things you can only check by a test drive? I read on this forum once it's released to you, they'll never take it back, repair lang... isn't it annoying to accept a new car already needing a repair on Day1?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    Pano if may mga maingay? Things you can only check by a test drive? I read on this forum once it's released to you, they'll never take it back, repair lang... isn't it annoying to accept a new car already needing a repair on Day1?
    Be positive. Wala naman yan. Yan din fear ko dati luckily very good condition naman ang unit.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    they fear kasi baka maibangga ng magtest drive, that's what my SA told me, after na may mangyari ng ganun di na sila nagpapatest drive. Pero I think pwede mo i-atras-abante lang

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Checklist: Brand new car delivery