New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi all, I want to but a car

A little background about me regarding cars:
    - I'm really a newbie when it comes to cars (specs, fuel efficiency, etc.)
    - I already have my driver's license for over a year but I rarely use our family car (Mitsubishi Adventure GLX 2006 M)
    - I live in Fairview, Quezon City (near SM Fairview)
    - I work in Ortigas, so i will most likely drive via commonwealth or katipunan.
    - I prefer M/T because I have no experience driving a A/T
    - Budget is 800k
    - Im not fond of 2nd hand cars.

I'm currently torn between the New Ford Fiesta (2014 model) and the New Vios 2013, leaning more towards Fiesta.

I want to know which car is worthy to be my first.
    And if possible which other car can you recommend for me.

Thank you very much for your time.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Neither is a bad choice so you wont be making any mistakes. Being a newbie and all i doubt youll be maintaining it outside the casa. Toyota is always cheaper to maintain vs any brand. If you want a really basic car that will get the job done with little luxuries get a vios. If you want some balance the fiesta is good. I dont know anything about the new engine of the fiesta so i have no idea how it will perform and how fuel efficient it is or not. The vios still uses the old engine so performance and fuel efficiency should be about the same. Imo, since you like the fiesta you should go for it. Im willing to take the risk with the fiesta since the pre-facelift one didnt have much problems (my bro owns one) as compared to the accent and rio sedans which had engine knock issues fresh from the dealer. Anyways, id pick the fiesta any day. The new facelift looks perfect. Definitely the best looking hatch right now. I also like the feel of the door handles. It feels premium. Lol.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was reading in the forums and in majority New Vios is winning. But im still holding on to the fiesta.

They said that vios will win in the long run. But I'm only planning on having it for atleast 5 years.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Maybe my experience in driving different kinds of company-provided vehicles could somehow give you a hint and help you in acquiring your first car.

I have driven Chevy Lumina, model 2002 and then 2006. After that, we switched to Toyota Aurion. Now, I'm driving a Ford Expedition 2012 model. I have a privately owned Innova, and these what I noticed:

While driving, US-made vehicles are noticeably quieter, more stable on highways, more expensive spare parts, gas consumption depends where I drive (city vs clear roads), very seldom I had problems with performance and parts. Safety wise, hard to beat. Scale of 1-10, I'd say 8.

Toyota have lighter body, ergo better gas consumption. More available parts, and I believe more durable. Score: 8 also.

When it comes to car design, both are head turners. Pero maingay lang talaga sa ilalim ang Toyota, kahit ang Altis para sa akin maingay ang ilalim.

Here in KSA, I would go for the Ford, but if I were there in Pinas, I'd go for the Vios. One reason, gas here is much cheaper than bottled water. BTW, Vios here are all called Yaris, whatever variant you look for.

Resale value, nothing beats Jap-made cars. Go for Vios.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If your after a reliable commuter, get the vios. Spare parts are vast and very good fc.

If you don't mind the extra cost of Ford parts, go for fiesta. Also, hindi ganon kaganda fc. It consumes more fuel than the vios. It's best for spritied driving vs vios.

For the use of the ts, vios.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want a practical car, then go for the vios. But if you want to have fun, go for the fiesta. I am presuming that you are single and living with your parents. If that is correct, i should say its not yet time to be practical. This is the time to have fun.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    ^ you guest it right haha.

Thank you all for the reply, somehow it gave me a strong comparison of the two.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MagA/T ka na, they're practically godsent in city driving

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    If your after a reliable commuter, get the vios. Spare parts are vast and very good fc.

If you don't mind the extra cost of Ford parts, go for fiesta. Also, hindi ganon kaganda fc. It consumes more fuel than the vios. It's best for spritied driving vs vios.

For the use of the ts, vios.
    The new Fiesta is not the same as the old Fiesta.

The new Fiesta has a 1.5 liter engine, from the base model to he top-of-the-line.

A 1.5 MT should be nearly as economical as the Vios 1.5.

-

Between the two, the Fiesta is more refined, more quiet and drives better. The Vios still has the better back seat.
    for I would go for either a 1.3 Vios AT or the Fiesta 1.5 MT Ambiente (cheapest model)... with the Ambiente, you get a 1.5 MT hatchback for just 695k. Parts are not as common outside (yet), but Ford has a 3 day part guarantee for the FIesta, prices in the dealership are not that expensive, and the service intervals are 10,000 kms. Not a bad deal for one of the most fun little cars around to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^^ if you don't mind me asking, what's the fc of the fiesta?

A friend of mine has the fiesta and she gets 7km/l at best in metro manila traffic but she's not complaining because it's fun on track.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast