New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hi everyone! i'm planning to buy my 1st car with a budget of 250k. i've been choosing from nissan cefiro elite 2000 and ford lynx gsi 2000. or can you suggest a better choice than the two. thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    depends on your priority :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    IMHO your 2 choice ain't the best with that budget.
    Since it's going to be your 1st car, better list down
    what your purpose of use meaning kung pang sports
    o pang pamilya o pang hakot. pang sport a civic ,
    city or corolla will just be right. Kung pang family, eh
    you might need a van or auv at kung pang hakot eh
    pick-up will be wise.

road conditions kung mostly smooth o bahain.
    Kung smooth, ok na sedan but kung bahain,
    a SUV will do you good.

So go figure it out first then we can recommend
    brand/make.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by broundsound View Post
    hi everyone! i'm planning to buy my 1st car with a budget of 250k. i've been choosing from nissan cefiro elite 2000 and ford lynx gsi 2000. or can you suggest a better choice than the two. thank you very much.
    The Cefiro is a large family car, the Lynx is a small family car. If you ask me, I'll go with the Cefiro, or a Toyota Camry.

But, this being your first car ... I would advise you to get a make and model that is.

Easy to maintain
    Economical to run
    Fits a small family comfortably

Goodluck.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Between your choices, I'd go for the Cefiro because of space, softer ride and better parts availability. But the downside is poor fuel economy. For a first car, it's best to get a Toyota IMO.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Cefiro has poor resale value but is overall a very nice package. Ride quality is excellent and performance is very competent for its age. Take note though that even though it is priced similar to compacts of its age, maintenance and parts costs are still that of a midsize sedan. Its your choice. But then if the Lynx you are looking at is the A/T version, gas mileage is also very bad. Might as well get the bigger car then.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    meaning kung pang sports
    o pang pamilya
    Baka dapat Family rubbing alcohol nalang bilhin ni TS, para di lang pang pamilya, pang i-sports pa.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    pang dp na lang ng brand new yang pera mo isipin mo na lang yung pampa-repair at sakit ng ulo sa segundamanong sasakyan

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    thank's for the help guys. by the way i just want to use it for basic transportation purpose. and i don't need a new one right now kc nag aaral pa lang ako mag drive. maybe the first thing i have to consider is the maintenance since i have zero knowledge about car maintenance. can you recommend a sedan na madali lang i maintain at hindi magastos sa gas. and of couse nasa 200-250k lng. thanks.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Kung basic lang naman ang needs e dun ka na sa basic car na common sa lugar mo para hindi mahirap ang maintenance.

Usually toyota, pwede ka ng mamili dyan. Kung ako, kuha na ako ng either corola o vios.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast