New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^+1.

OT: When I drove my friend's Vios against a City test unit, the former does not bottom out..

And the only thing I like about the Tucson (previous model which has not changed for the new one) is the engine. Suspension.. hmm...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    If I were to be in your shoes, It's a toss-up between Civic and Mazda 3, but I might go for Civic.

I would go for Tucson if I really need that added height and cargo capacity. But based on your stated situation, the fuel cost of Tucson might not be enough to make up for its high monthly amortization cost; unless you plan to use it for more than 5 years. And personally, the lack of features, especially that concerns with safety (1 airbag only, no active safety) is a major deal breaker for me, especially if you could get better loaded ones with same price bracket. And the concern with Hyundai reliability and after-sales services are also something to be worried about.

The Mazda 3 would be a solid choice if you are mostly travelling by yourself or having 1 or 2 passengers. But if you regularly carry more passengers or cargo in the trunk, the Civic might be more practical.

If you don't mind driving a manual, how about the VW Jetta 1.6 TDI * 850K?
    Hi Sir, Been seeing this 850k priced Jetta all over the forum. Pero based sa site nila, 1.3M ata yung current price. May idea kayo kung sinong dealer yan? Interesting eh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kenken123 View Post
    Hi Sir, Been seeing this 850k priced Jetta all over the forum. Pero based sa site nila, 1.3M ata yung current price. May idea kayo kung sinong dealer yan? Interesting eh.
    The 1.35M is their 2.0 TDI DSG. They have this special promo for the 1.6 TDI MT variant that goes for 850k. It can be seen in the promo section of their website.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    The 1.35M is their 2.0 TDI DSG. They have this special promo for the 1.6 TDI MT variant that goes for 850k. It can be seen in the promo section of their website.

Malaki ba difference nyan from the 850k variant? Choosing kasi ako ngayon between Jetta, Altis 1.6G MT, Mazda 3 V saka BRV. May maipapayo ka ba Sir?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenken123 View Post
    Malaki ba difference nyan from the 850k variant? Choosing kasi ako ngayon between Jetta, Altis 1.6G MT, Mazda 3 V saka BRV. May maipapayo ka ba Sir?
    Volks had their Anniversary Sale last Nov while stocks last:

Jetta 1.6 TDI MT (Turbo Diesel) P850k
    Jetta 1.4 TSI AT (twincharger turbo, gas) P950k
    Jetta 2.0 TDI AT (Turbo Diesel) P1050k

Keyword is, while stocks last.
    Check Volkswagen Sheridan, I think there's one unit remaining.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    how i wish magka sale uli sa subaru, like the ones that they slashed 500k on my15 units....like to get a sti

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Volks had their Anniversary Sale last Nov while stocks last:

Jetta 1.6 TDI MT (Turbo Diesel) P850k
    Jetta 1.4 TSI AT (twincharger turbo, gas) P950k
    Jetta 2.0 TDI AT (Turbo Diesel) P1050k

Keyword is, while stocks last.
    Check Volkswagen Sheridan, I think there's one unit remaining.
    The sale on 2.0 TDI DSG is sweet! Wonder if they still have stocks remaining for it.

BTT, I would pick Jetta if I'd be going a long mile, the next choice would be updated Altis, which has 7 airbags and ESC standard across all variants.

Mazda would be a nice pick for it's dynamics, but for base V variant, I find the specs of Jetta and Altis more convincing. And the rear passenger space is at premium.

I saw the BR-V the other day and I find it comfortable only for 6 person, because of its narrow width. If you don't need the extra seating capacity and cargo space, might go with abovementioned sedans.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Appreciate this very much as i am very torn with these choices.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    how i wish magka sale uli sa subaru, like the ones that they slashed 500k on my15 units....like to get a sti

We missed the forester sale last time

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
    We missed the forester sale last time
    last year i saved around 200k on the xt, hoping to have a sti in 2 or 3 years time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast